“Running an 800m might take me two minutes, but it is then reassuring to know I’ll only need to run for 43 or 44 seconds for a 400m. I know the training is going to help me for my 400m. As well as the physical benefits of this type of training, it has helped my mindset too.”
– South Africa’s breakout 400m star Wayde van Niekerk talking about how he does reps of up to 800m to 1,000m in training, although he describes them as “a drag and torture.” Last week at the Paris DL meet, he became one of only 12 men in history to go sub-44 when he won in 43.96.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Shalane announces she is RETIRED!
- UPDATE: It's official: Geoffrey Kamworor ran 13:13 in heats, 13:14 in final of Kenyan 5k champ at ALTITUDE
- whats gives us the right to decide what athletes put in their bodies
- Should I try to keep training at a summer camp where running is banned?
- People are not houses. Thus, there is no need to build a "base" in training.
- Lasse Viren interview
- RIP Roy Griak - A Legend