Quote Of The Day
“I don’t know if any sanctions will or won’t come out of this. When you don’t have a positive test or law enforcement getting involved liked with Biogenesis, I always think it’s always an uphill battle if you don’t have one or two of those things …”
“My perception is that a lot of athletes, and especially in track and field, don’t want to have to play the pharmacy games in order to compete, so they’d love to see this stuff regulated and people taking an approach according to the honor code basically where they take (just) what they medically need but that’s not where we are.”
– David Epstein talking on this week’s House of Run podcast about the Alberto Salazar doping investigation. When asked if he thought it was likely that Salazar would end up being sanctioned, he said, “not necessarily.” Talking about other things going on in track, Epstein raved about Evan Jager‘s current form: “It looks to me just from watching him run right now … it seems to me that we are looking at an athlete who is operating at a level that very few operate on ever in their sport and I think that’s really, really special … It seems to me that he’s going to threaten the World Record.”
Super Hot on LetsRun: Allie K and Brad part ways
- Big development: US and UK anti doping have asked for WADA to ban synthetic thyroid meds!!!
- Wow: USATF accidentally gives Craig Leon Pan Am spot to Tyler McCandless. Should TrackTy give up slot?
- Mini World's: Mo Farah vs. Ndiku, Alamirew, Longosiwa and more in Thursday's Lausanne DL 5000
- 2015 Lausanne 800m - What a Great Field - Amos, Aman and Rudisha + Centro!
- Hannah England: What's up with what's going down?
- Subway Suspends Jared After Child Porn Raid
- 2015 NCAA XC Power Rankings