We Feel Your Pain
“What to say when something you love keeps making that passion seem foolish by playing fast and loose, jilting your sense of moral responsibility and just plain cheating?”
– The Chicago Tribune‘s Phil Hersh (the last remaining Olympic writer at a major paper?) talking about how his love for track and field has been tested of late by recent scandal after recent scandal. In addition to the Nike Oregon Project / Alberto Salazar prescription drug abuse (at a minimum), Hersh cites Dennis Mitchell being employed by USATF, the Russian doping scandal and the doping scandals of Nike marathon stars Liliya Shobukhova and Rita Jeptoo plus other things like Justin Gatlin / Tyson Gay.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Shalane announces she is RETIRED!
- LRC Running Warehouse USA Nationals Prediction Contest is Here - Get Your Picks In
- Wow: Yet another allegation: Don Catlin: Alberto Salazar repeatedly asked for TUEs himself as an athlete he didn't need
- Luke Puskedra comes to the defense of Alberto Salazar and Galen Rupp
- Brojo's, take that countdown clock off the front page. It took BBC 2 years to make the allegations, give Alberto 2 weeks
- It has been 20 days since the report has come out... We're starting a countup clock on the homepage
- OFFICIAL NOP dope Sign ideas thread for USA Championships!
- Heat Wave @ USA's how will this effect the men's 5000m
- Jordan Hasay scratched from both 5 & 10K at 2015 USAs--Why?