Quote Of The Day
“After I got the medication, he (Alberto Salazar) explained to me that this is going to be great for you, so many athletes once they got on this, did so much better than they’d ever done before. And he described the ways that could happen: there’s a glucocorticosteroid in [Advair], and there’s a possibility that some of that could get systemically into your body and give you an advantage, and you can legally take it because you have asthma … He encouraged me to push to be on the highest dose of it year round, which was something different than what the doctor had said …”
“There was just something about it that made me feel very clearly that that approach to my inhaler was wrong, that the spirit of the sport did not support that. Turning illness into an advantage was not right. That you take a medication to fix the problem, not to fix the problem and then go above and beyond.”
– 5-time NCAA, 2-time USA champion Lauren Fleshman talking to ProPublica’s David Epstein and being the latest to allege that Alberto Salazar encouraged her to abuse a prescription drug. Fleshman says she definitely thinks Salazar’s advice was “an ethical violation” and says she is “extremely uncomfortable thinking of him coaching a Mary Cain.” She also praised Vin Lananna for helping her make the decision not to get on thyroid medication as Lananna said to her that “the reason why your thyroid is as messed up as it is because you’re not resting enough, you’re sleeping in an altitude tent, and you’re training too hard. And you have to back off, you have to change those things, you have to take responsibility.”
Discuss the latest developments in Nike Oregon Project doping investigation:
*Lauren Fleshman speaks out – “I definitely do think that’s an ethical violation.”
*New Allegations- “Salazar had bag of needles”
*Mo Farah missed two drug tests before the 2012 Olympics
- RIP Ron Clarke
- Ben True and Molly Huddle throwing down the clean sport gauntlet - Shares personal USADA info and volunteers sample for doping research
- Lauren Fleshman speaks out- "I definitely do think that's an ethical violation."
- Predict Alberto Salazar's Response Before He Makes It
- Is Farah preparing to dump Alberto?
- Ethiopian Trials 10000m
- Why is NCAA women's XC shorter in distance than the men?
- Where can a sub 9:05 junior look at for college?
- Today is the Day You've Been Waiting for (We don't have Alberto's reply) but the LRC Better Running Shoe Site Is Here