Now There Are Allegations Involving Needles
“‘In the next breath he (Salazar) says there’s a package, or a product, “in the refrigerator that I also want you to take and keep it cold – it’s got to be kept cold” … It was in the butter drawer. A little hinged drawer – you lifted it up and there it was in a light blue Cordura zipped bag: two vials.’
‘I looked at the vials and they had a white tape, like someone had placed them neatly on there. It was typed, like from an old typewriter, and it said “allergy one” and “allergy two.” I made a note of that.’
In the bathroom Stiner found more. ‘I found a bag of needles,’ he says. ‘Hypodermic needles, in a big bag, unused. Maybe 25, maybe 50 needles. It was a pretty big count, a full bag, unopened. And I thought, that’s pretty crazy. Needles. While I’m doing this I’m starting to wonder what is going on …’
‘I was just amazed. Why didn’t they take the stuff with them? And if that was really just allergy meds, why didn’t he just call his doctor and order new allergy meds? Why did he pester his massage therapist to send this stuff back? Why didn’t he just take it to the airport?’
‘I started to question what was in these vials. And you read about athletes, cyclists, and the first thing they do from hotel room to hotel room is throw their gear into the refrigerator. It didn’t take me a long time to start to question whether this was legitimately an allergy med, that the AndroGel might not be for his use.'”
– Excerpts from an explosive new article on the Alberto Salazar / Galen Rupp doping allegations by Matt Lawton in The Daily Mail. Both John Stiner and Steve Magness now say Salazar had unlabeled or hand-labeled refrigerated vials in the Salazar / Rupp training camp. The allegations are supported by two Nike athletes. The excerpts come from article #1. A 2nd article by Lawton on Salazar and the NOP is here.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Shalane announces she is RETIRED!
- RIP Ron Clarke
- New Allegations- "Salazar had bag of needles"
- Andre De Grasse will soon be De Pro Grasse
- Is it unprofessional to come in and out of work in your running garb?
- better off without intervals??
- Ethiopian Trials 10000m
- Grant Fisher - #4 HS A-T?
- Runners, stop standing at the intersection with your hands on your hips
- Did German Fernadez really just run a 3:57 1500? Or am I reading this wrong?
- Today is the Day You've Been Waiting for (We don't have Alberto's reply) but the LRC Better Running Shoe Site Is Here