Bolt Has Some Harsh Words For Gay
“I was really upset about that. He got a year just because he talked to the authorities about how it was done and who helped him. That sends the wrong message: ‘If you do it and get caught, just tell us all you know and we’ll lower your ban.’ It’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. The message should be: ‘If you cheat you’re going to be kicked out of the sport.’ … I’m not looking forward to competing against Tyson. It really bothers me. I’m not worried about him beating me, I think it’s because I respected him so much over the years. He was a competitor, kept me on my toes and he pushed me to always do my best. Then to find out that he was on drugs – it’s a bit like I think parents must feel when they have a kid who does something bad and lets them down. I feel like he let me down and he let the sport down. You have to drive fear into athletes, to make them think about the consequences of their actions. If they’re getting an easy penalty why would they care?”
– Usain Bolt talking about the reduced one-year drug ban Tyson Gay got after testing positive for steroids in 2013.
- Did Eliud Kipchoge beat the best 5k field ever in 2003 Paris and best marathon field ever in 2015 London?
- Thank you Paula!
- NOP pulls out of Payton Jordan
- This 2015 Payton Jordan Entry List IS STACKED!!
Rupp in the 5k!!
- Annie Bersagel wins Düsseldorf Marathon
- Schumacher's freshman son runs 8:36 3K
- David Beckham's son, Romeo, starts crying after finishing jr London Marathon in sub-20 minutes