Quote Of The Day
“I know [Moses] Kipsiro could have his issues as a person but I don’t like what is happening to him at the moment … I think UAF officials are being insensitive. This matter shouldn’t have dragged on up to this level. These officials totally have no respect for athletes much as some of us might keep quiet … What hurts me is that athletics is losing. I might not be affected but there are runners that will never be the same again.”
“… I remember some time in 2003 … there was another young promising athlete, who [Peter] Wemali was coaching. Later, I visited Wemali’s house only to find the girl at his home. He had turned her into a wife. So why should we have such a coach in our sport. I don’t know why UAF is shielding him because he is a wrong character.”
– Stephen Kiprotich speaking out against the Ugandan Athletics Federation and recently-suspended coach, Peter Wemali, who has been accused of rape and sexual harassment. Kiprotich also shares how UAF wronged him in the past by kicking him off teams, but said he always knew eventually “the federation would be begging me to compete.”
Super Hot on LetsRun: Kipchoge: "I have been doing all things at 80 percent"
- Bolt runs 20.20
- What do you call the spouse of a female U.S. president?
- Do you think track is boring for Edward Cheserek? Does Oregon take it too easy?
- Ryan Hall loses school record
- Where is Rupp?
- Is marathon pain a different kind of pain than 5k/10k
- Soratos Opens Outdoor Season
- Is heel striking really that horrible?