Quote Of The Day
“Steven Miller, [USATF] board vice chair, justified the decision by invoking the arcane Electoral College, claiming that – like in presidential elections – the popular vote victor does not always prevail with the presidency.”
“For all its faults, the Electoral College is a straightforward mechanism. Each state is designated a certain number of electoral votes, and the first candidate to reach a majority of those votes wins the presidency – period. There is no mechanism for third party interference, such as the Supreme Court arbitrarily reversing a result it doesn’t like. This power grab that USATF board members have carved out in bylaws, however, reeks of a ‘we know better than you’ arrogance and smugness.”
– Kevin Liao writing in an editorial for Times of San Diego on the USATF board reaffirming its prior decision to nominate Stephanie Hightower for the IAAF Council over Bob Hersh, despite the 85% majority member vote Hersh received and the public backlash since the decision.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Nike ZoomX Vaporfly NEXT% Unveiled
- LetsRun.com TShirt Design Contest Entries Due on Monday
- Webb's triathlon Olympic path detailed and official (per USAT)
- What Do You Think of Kara Goucher' new Skechers' Commercial????
- Thoughts on Bill Matthews article?
- Today I saw two guys running hill repeats backwards! It was good for a laugh but is there any real training benefit?
- Molly Huddle and Paula Radcliffe