Quote Of The Day
“[Louie] would talk to me about how the shoes fit, how the uniform was cut, how the food tasted and how the girls looked – there was always a lot of talk about the food and the ladies! What struck me most is realizing how very few people get to experience the Olympic Games from the perspective of a competitor. It was almost 80 years ago for Louie, and his memories of it remained vivid and lasting. It demonstrated what an honor, what a defining moment, it is for anyone to look up and realize they are participating in the grandest, most historic athletic competition our world has to offer. How could that not etch itself into your memory forever?”
“… While I wanted to get the historical setting right and place the audience inside the Olympic Stadium, what I really wanted to convey was how that race epitomized Louie’s entire approach to life. When he found himself in the back of the pack going into the final sprint, he didn’t give up. He never reconciled himself to the thought of surrender. He found reserves of energy and fight and rocketed forward with a last lap so impressive that Hitler himself requested to meet ‘the boy with the fast finish.'”
– Angelina Jolie talking about working with Louis Zamperini and making the movie “Unbroken” which comes out in theaters on Christmas day.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Jordan Hasay drops out after going out over 3 hour pace
- RW: Radcliffe has run the equivalent of sub-2 hr marathon
- what to go for splits in 800m race? (Sub-2 guys only please!)
- Girl on Instagram claims 4 minute mile and the running community jumps on it
- Does it sound like I'm getting injured?
- 2:35 female trying to run 2:30
- Where Does Louie Zamperini Rank?
- High mileage for a mid distance runners?