Quote Of The Day
“I had no money in the bank, but I packed up my Subaru and moved to California. Everyone was like, ‘What are you doing?’ but you have to remember you only have one life, one opportunity. Deep down I thought I had the talent.”
“… [The Mammoth Track Club] takes professionalism to a whole new level. With rest, nutrition, everything. It was a huge step from what I was doing: working ’til 3 a.m. at the bar, living off popcorn and free PowerBars.”
– 2:28:48 marathoner Lauren Kleppin talking ahead of the 2014 NYC Marathon. Kleppin moved to California with no money and no plan, but made her way from a 2:42 marathoner working 3AM shifts at the bar to a 2:28 pro with Denna Kastor and the Mammoth TC.
- Asbel Kiprop gives his own version of events on Facebook
- Legally blind albino XC runner is excelling in NJ
- Ridiculous Uniform Controversy at CO State Meet
- Julia Webb "rents" a baby to set 10K record
- Dagostino a 16:48 in debut?
- Arne Gabius (2:09 M debut) EZ and LR pace: 5:50 min/mi - Never runs slower...
- Running Fashion Crimes- for guys