Quote Of The Day
“Is the IAAF willing to put a big event like Worlds in Eugene – the birthplace of Nike – when its official sponsor is adidas?
We’ve said for a long time, there is one main reason Worlds should be in Eugene, and that is if Nike wants to buy it and pay the IAAF a huge premium for the Worlds. Worlds in Eugene benefits Nike more than anyone else. An extra $20 million or so in the IAAF coffers might do the trick and that’s not that much money for Nike. Otherwise, Barcelona is a better city logistically for Worlds.”
– Excerpt from the Week That Was where we argue it makes way more sense to have the Continental Cup in Eugene than Worlds, unless Nike is going to pony up big time, just like they did for Kevin Durant.
- High schoolers do dope: 15 Year Old Russian Twins Get 2 Year Bans For Doping
- Lolo voted off dancing with the stars!
- Soon All U.S. Soldiers Will Be Able To Run Sub-4 Miles
- NY Times: At last - a cure for plantar fasciitis? Is this simple exercise the key?
- Need some cash? Have an Olympic medal around the house you want to sell? Bronze will get just 5k, silver 8k, gold 10k