Quote Of The Day
“Do you know, I had no idea of the time until I crossed the line? I was shocked. I thought to myself just before the bell ‘this is a 4:04 race.’ It’s true. … my manager had said to me, ‘stay close to the front’ so that’s what I did and when the American (Jenny Simpson) started to push hard before the bell, I followed her, even though initially I had to spend a lot of energy to get up to her.”
“It was Simpson who made it a fast race after the pacemakers dropped out, so I have to be thankful to her, but she was also the reason I had no idea about the time. I was just concentrating on beating her and winning.”
– Netherlands’ Sifan Hassan talking about how she had no idea she was running so fast when she clocked 3:57.00 to win the Paris Diamond League meet last weekend and thanking Jenny Simpson for pulling her to the fast time. Read our recap on this tremendous race which saw five runners go under 4:00 and another three come extremely close.
- LAGAT, LEVINS, MEAD, SOI, LONGOSIWA, ALAMIREW, ROP, etc.
- Peachtree: The USA Championships I Technically Never Ran
- Jeffrey Eggleston 2:10:52 PR for 2nd at Gold Coast
- Who is Christo Landry and where did he come from?
- Whitney 11.10 and 22.49 10th grade!
- Strange Cain strategy and interaction at US Juniors
- Grant Fisher qualifies for world juniors... As a junior (2nd place)