Sadly, We Don't Think It's April Fools Day In Kenya
“We shall also demand for reports from their respective managers explaining why they have dipped in form. We are not fighting them but trying to help our athletes. … We can’t let rogue managers and agents exploit our athletes by making them run in even when they are tired. …
We are in charge of athletics in this country and we can break any contract the athletes have signed with organisers of any event if we think that it’s not for the benefit of the athletes. Diamond League is not a matter of life and death compared to the health of our athletes.”
– Athletics Kenya head Isaiah Kiplagat banning Kenya’s top athletes from the Rome DL on Thursday for a drop in form. Funny, as Eunice Sum, one of the banned athletes, just set a 1,500 PR at Pre.
Why anyone would schedule the Commonwealth Games Trials this weekend and not during the 19 days from June 14 to July 3rd when there are no DL meets is beyond us.
- LRC Male Stars "Clean" or "Dirty" Doping Poll Results
- American Track League Houston
- Here we go again, Kiprop banned from Diamond league
- Which elite runners drink coffee?
- I am sick of american pro athletes whinning how hard their life is
- Diamond League...Where are the Russian Women Middle distance runners?
- 5 high level Taliban commanders for 1 low level deserter?