Quote Of The Day
“The lack of transparency in this situation is unacceptable. The TFAA reached out Sunday afternoon, February 23, 2014, to the USATF to ask that a committee be formed to thoroughly review these events that occurred on February 22. We requested that at least two athletes appointed by the TFAA sit on the committee.”
“The USATF is responsible for conducting the meet, and all meets under their tutelage, in such a way that the rules in their published rule book are applied equally to all athletes. All athletes have the right to be treated fairly according to the same set of rules. They have the right to a clear, transparent process. They have the right to clarification and information from the governing body, within a prompt time frame, especially when actions taken by the governing body result in an athlete losing a spot on a national team, losing prize money or other monetary compensation, or when the actions otherwise affect the athletes’ livelihood and career. … We are calling on the USATF for transparency. We are calling on them to release the video evidence that was conclusive enough to re-open the appeal and disqualify the clear winner of the women’s 3,000m from her national team spot.”
– Statement from the Track and Field Athletes Association calling on USATF to release the “conclusive video evidence” that was used to DQ Gabriele Grunewald from the women’s 3,000 at US Indoor Champs. Even though this statement from the TFAA came before Grunewald’s reinstatement, we still think that USATF needs to answer for how this happened in the first place. *Sign Petition Here
- What about Andrew Bumbalough? Why exactly was he DQ'd?
- Still don't understand why Hasay can now affect GG's status
- Grunewald releases a Statement!!
- Grunewald DQ finally breaks into mainstream media
- Lauren Fleshman just apologized to Hasay
- Will Leer is officially the new Pre: "I think it (the DQ) is a disgrace. USTATF needs to get their act together"
- Post-race day 1 USA Indoor drama: Nike coaches Alberto Salazar and Jerry Schumacher have to be physically restrained