Quote Of The Day
“I was told in no uncertain terms by cardiologists, pulmonary specialists, internists, radiologists and ER nurses and doctors that the size, strength and power of my lungs and heart are what saved me …”
“I’ve got a long trail ahead of me in order to recover and get better. Tucked into my thoughts is the memory of being a consistent stop on the morning rounds of the doctors, cardiologists and internists when I was in the hospital. Every one of them wanted to come and talk to the Olympian whose resting and sleeping heart rate hovered between 29 – 38. Some mornings my bed was surrounded by residents, 3rd year medical students and the presiding doctor – all of whom were eager to learn from an aerobic specimen. … I, in turn, wanted them to see what running did for me aside from records, medals and national titles – it saved my life.”
– US Olympian and 3-time World XC champion Lynn Jennings talking about how being a lifelong runner saved her life after she had an acute bilateral pulmonary embolism.
- Who will qualify for the world 3000m team from the US?
- Could Mo Farah break the 10K track WR this summer?
- Potential disaster at 2014 USA Indoors? Straight 1500 final and there are 22 women, 18 men already in each race
- Verzbicas signs deal with NB
- Paul Chelimo quits UNCG
- Symmonds details hookups in book