Monday: Linz, Austria Action: Bernard Lagat Over Will Leer In 3k, Andrew Wheating 2nd In 1k Wheating ran 2:18.36 but lost to Ireland's 1:45 man Paul Robinson.
MB: Wheating's back, back again! Wheating's back, tell a friend!
MB: Linz 1000m? What happened?
*Aries Merritt Beats Dayron Robles In 110H, Justin Gatlin Beats Ashmeade In 100m Sally Pearson won the women's 100H.
*Gatlin Says His Legs Were Tired
*Watch A Replay Of Monday's Linz Meet At 2:15pm ET On Tuesday
A Slow Weekend In Terms Of Action
- Nick Symmonds Wins In First Race Since Worlds Over Worlds 4th Placer Marcin Lewandowski 1:44.79 for Nick for the win in Warsaw. *IAAF Recap
- Five Jamaicans Win In Poland
- Tero Pitkamaki (89.03) And Maria Abakumova (69.75m) Set World Leads In Javelin In Germany
- Thunderstorm Ruins Bondarenko's WR Dream In Germany; He Still Wins At 2.30m
- Koji Gokaya (2:14:26) And Yuko Watanabe (2:29:13) Win Hot Hokkaido Marathon In Japan
- Ugandan Wins $2,281 At Mombassa Marathon In 2:14, Wants To Run New York And London Next Meanwhile, one runner was DQed for cheating and cutting the course.
- Brit Chris Clarke Moves To #9 All-Time In UK At 20.22 For 200
- Pan Am Jr. Results
Interesting Odds & Ends
- Average Age Of Gold Medallists In Moscow Was 26.35 Years Old
- Amazing Stat: Now That Jacko Gil Has Broken Dave Storl's World Junior Record, He Now Holds Every World Mark For 5kg And 6kg Shot At Every Age-Grade As a result, he says he's ready for senior competition.
- Soccer Mad West African Nation Of Liberia Hoping To Produce Distance Champions Soon Trust us, this isn't going to work out well. West Africans are good at sprinting and East Africans distance running.
- Catching Up With The Man Who Started It All And Won Africa's And Kenya's 1st-Ever Olympic Medal - Wilson Kiprugut He won Olympic 800 medals in 1964 and 1968.
- Bernard Lagat Talks About How Things Have Changed Since He Was A Young Athlete And Hints At Plans Moving Forward Lagat hints at trying the 10,000 before making a move to the roads.
- Andrew Wheating Reminisces About His High School Days With A Q&A With Running Times He says he wasn't "fully immersed in the running culture" in HS and often "could get away with playing soccer and Frisbee for training."
- Former State Champ Jumper Finds New Life In Coaching After Car Accident Which Almost Left Him Paralyzed He had a full track scholarship to Florida State, but was in an accident before he could begin his college career. Doctors said he might never walk again, but he's got to the point he can jog and coaches his at his former high school.
- Despite Losing 2016, Des Moines Still Hoping To Eventually Win A Bid To Host The Olympic Trials Hey, there's always 2020.
- Post Moscow Q&A With Oregon Project Assistant Coach Pete Julian
- USATF Pan Am Junior Recap: Craig Engels Wins 1,500 In 3:53 While Matt McClintock Won The 10,000
*USATF Morning Recap: Alexis Faulknor Wins LJ Gold For Team USA
World Championships Review
LRC 15 Thoughts Looking Back At The 2013 IAAF World Championships In Athletics Now that we've had some time to recover and think about it, we take a look at the back and hand out awards for the 14th World Championships in Athletics. Read to find out who is our Best US Performer, our Biggest Flop (male and female), Biggest Surprise (US and international), our Comeback Athlete, Classiest Post Race Interview, Biggest Bonehead, and a whole lot more. Along the way, we wonder why Ezekiel Kemboi wasn't disciplined, praise the US for its best performance ever and even praise Molly Huddle and Shannon Rowbury for allegedly packing it in early in the 5,000.
Random, But Potentially Interesting
- Q&A With Canadian Steeple Record Holder Matt Hughes As a kid, he once dreamed of beating Donovan Bailey's 100m time, but had to settle for another Canadian record.
- Deena Kastor Not Sure About Her Future Marathon Plans But Says She'll Never Announce Her Retirement
- US's Lone 50k Racewalker Had To Have His Singlet And Shorts Cut Off Of Him After Collapsing After Finish In Moscow
- Drinking Sugary Drinks In The Hour Before A Workout Likely Won't Hurt Your Performance
- Julius Kogo Won His 4th-Straight Crim 10-Miler Over The Weekend (45:54) Former Wichita St. runner Aliphine Tuliamuk-Bolton won the women's (54:26).
- IAAF Recap Of Pan Am Jrs. Says Girls Pole Vault (4.40m) Was Highlight
- Ugandan President Gives Mitsubishi Pajero To Stephen Kiprotich And Will Build Him A House
- More News From Uganda: Uganda's Ronald Musagala, Who Seemingly Came Out Of Nowhere To Run 1:45 At WChamps, Is Scooped Up By Ricky Simms And Will Train In Kenya
- Unbelievable: Indians Refuse To Pass Law Disallowing Secretary General Who Was Jailed For 11 Months For Commonwealth Games Corruption From Serving India has been suspended by the IOC for their corruption and told by the IOC to get their act together, so what did India do? They passed a law saying those jailed for 2 years or more can't serve and think the IOC will fall for that.
- A Bit Ironic: Lenin's Russia Was Once First Country To Decriminalize Homsexuality 80% of Russians support the no pro-gay propaganda law.
- A Behind-The-Scenes Look At All Of The $chmoozing That Goes On To Win An Olympic Bid, Get An Olympic Sport Put Into The Olympics
- We 100% Agree: 1972 Penn Relays Champ Says Track And Field Needs New Naming System For Doping Positives As All Positives Are Far From Being The Same
- 96 Olympic LJ Gold Medallist Chioma Ajunwa-Oparah Of Nigeria Is Upset She's Not Considered The Old African Record Holder At 100m Due To Doping Ban
- From David Epstein's Book: 1/10 Of Whites, 1/10 Of Blacks And 2/3 Of Asians Can Dope As Much As They Want And Never Fail T/E Ratio Test We guess Mary Slaney isn't lucky enough to have fallen in the 10%.
- Robert Taylor Is Upset By Former JADCO's Head Going To Sports Illustrated With Doping Concerns
Centro Silver, Brenda Bronze!: Worlds Final Day Full Photo Gallery (All Of Our Photo Galleries Are Here)
1st Of 2 DL Finals Is Thursday - Weltklasse Zürich *Schedule And Television/Streaming Information
- With Niyonsaba Injured, Winner Of Women's 800 Will Win DL Title And $50,000 16 DL titles in all wil be decided.
- Bolt Vs. Gatlin Will Be One Of Zürich Highlights
- Shot put featuring Valerie Adams is Wednesday in train station
Assorted International News
- South Africa's Surprise World Champs 1,500 Bronze Medalist Johan Cronje Says "Belief" Is What Kept Him Going Through Years Of Injury Troubles And It Finally Paid Off He knew he was going into a good year when in his second race of the season ,he broke the 20-year-old SA 1,500 record with 3:33.46 in his second race of the season, finishing 8th at the Doha DL meet.
- Veronica Campbell-Brown's Hearing For Her Failed Drug Test For A Banned Diuretic Will Be Early September
- A Look At How London 2012 & Daegu 2011 Winners Did In Moscow
- Interview With Agent And Melbourne TC Coach Nic Bideau On The Current State Of The Sport And What Can Be Improved From new Ireland based website, JumpingTheGun.ie.
- IAAF Profile On SP World Champ Valerie Adams Who's Winning Streak Had Continued For 40 Meetings And Looks Basically Unbeatable By Anyone In The World
Michael Johnson Says Usain Bolt Is The Best Track Athlete "That's Ever Been" Johnson doesn't think we'll see any more WRs from Bolt, though, at this point in his career.