Pre Classic Men's Events *Friday Full Results *Saturday Full Results *Individual Event Results *Friday Photo Gallery *LRC Post-Race Video Interviews
IAAF Full Meet Recap: Mutaz Essa Barshim cleared 7-10 1/2 HJ - the highest since 2000. LaShawn Merritt stunned Kirani James in 400.
*Oregonian: Mutaz Essa Barshim jumps 7-10 1/2, the highest bar anyone has cleared in 13 years
LRC Men's 5,000: Mo Farah Is Beaten By Edwin Soi As Galen Rupp Finishes Sixth Dathan Ritzenhein ran the 2nd-fastest time of his career and Chris Derrick almost took top American-born honors but Galen Rupp's pride enabled him to mow them down in the last 100m.
*Oregonian: Edwin Cheruiyot Soi hands Mo Farah his first loss in an outdoor final in almost two years at the Pre Classic www.oregonlive
LRC Bowerman Mile: Silas Kiplagat Steals The Race From Asbel Kiprop At The Line As 10 Guys Run 3:51 Or Faster Matthew Centrowitz and Lopez Lomong both ran 3:51 but wanted more as it's never fun to finish 9th and 10th.
LRC Men's Steeple: Conseslus Kipruto Survives Ezekiel Kemboi's Shove; Evan Jager 8:08 The men's steeple had everybody, including a mouth-watering dual between the future (Kipruto) and present rulers (Kemboi), that more than lived up to the hype. Evan Jager was right there until the last 250.
LRC Men's 800: Mohammed Aman Dominates As Nick Symmonds Debuts In Third An encouraging race for both Aman and Symmonds, who are dreaming of gold in Moscow.
Friday Night: RRW/LRC Rabbits Falter, Kenenisa Bekele Outkicks Merga For 27:12 Win The 13:18 first 5k never materialized. In the end, Bekele was better than everyone else over the last 200 but he's got some work to do to scare Mo Farah.
Men's International Mile: LRC James Magut Wins, No HS Sub-4 As Will Leer Gets Top American Honors, As Andrew Wheating Runs "Scared" It was a little windy and the times disappointed, but the post-race interviews with Leer, Wheating and Montoya certainly didn't as they were full of insight.
Men's National 1,500: LRC Men's National 1,500: Garrett Heath Wins, Chris Solinsky's Lacking Speed And Alan Webb Struggles But Is Happy Garrett Heath got the win, but our focus in what was basically the "C" heat was firmly on the two Olympians and American record holders (one former, one current) in Webb and Solinsky. Neither ran fast. Webb was next-to-last in 3:45, but even more stunning than that time was the fact that the famously impatient Webb, who is on his fourth coach in four years, was very upbeat afterwards. *Alan Webb Interview
Outside Coverage: IAAF Recap Of Day 1: Russia's Aleksandr Menkov's 8.39 Is Best LJ Since 2011
*Oregonian: Brisk headwind on the back straight plays havoc with men's mid-distances races at the Pre Classic
*Olympic Bronze Medalist Hansle Parchment Wins Prefontaine 110H In Jamaican NR OF 13.05
*Oregonian: Kenenisa Bekele wins 10,000 meters; records fall in other events
*AP Recap Of Pre Distance Night
Late Night Pre Threads: Live Pre Results And Discussion Kenenisa Bekele got the win in the 10k with a 56-second last lap.
*Link To Results, Webb 3:45, Solinsky 3:42, Bumb 3:40
Friday Pre On The Boards: Farah overrules Salazar on Pre race selection Ken Goe of the Oregonian has the story here.
*Let's Hear It: Rupp Prefontaine Predictions
*None Of This Farah Maneuvering Makes Sense
UPDATE: Mo Farah Switches From 10k To 5k; David Rudisha Out Of 800 Bad news for distance fans as Farah has pulled out of Friday's 10k against Kenenisa Bekele (as was originally rumored here on Wednesday shortly after the annoucement for Bekele's request for pacing to a 13:18 first 5k) and will instead race the 5,000 against Galen Rupp and Bernard Lagat (still a good matchup). Rudisha has pulled out of the meet with a bone bruise.
*MB: Farah out *None Of This Farah Maneuvering Makes Sense
*Meet Director Tom Jordan: "It's just when you are going 26 laps against the world's best you want to be at the top of your game."
LRC 2013 Pre Classic Distance Night Preview:
Farah Vs. Bekele At 10,000, Ajee' Wilson Gets
Snubbed, Alan Webb Returns To The 1,500, And More The Pre meet has so much high quality distance action it
gets spread out over two days. First up is Friday's action which may have a dream matchup of Farah vs. has Bekele at 10k. US junior phenom Ajee' Wilson got totally snubbed, Alan Webb is back, and Andrew Wheating is running the "B" race.
*Chris Solinsky And Galen Rupp Talk To Ken Goe Ahead Of Their Races At The Prefontaine Classic Solinsky is hoping to take another step in the right direction: "I've been doing a lot of 5k training, a lot of strength stuff. I have no idea of what to expect. The nice part about this not being my primary event is that I'll have the freedom to get after it and make aggressive decisions."
Pre Classic 10k On Friday Night Will Be Paced To A 13:18 First 5k As Requested By Kenenisa Bekele Bekele's WR is 26:17.53; Mo Farah's PR is 26:46 from the Pre two years ago.
*MB: Bekele request 13:18 first 5,000m pace at Pre 2013
High Schooler Bernie Montoya Entered In International Mile At Pre And Going For Sub-4 He was 4th in the adidas Dream Mile last weekend with 4:05.65. Why isn't Ben Saarel in this?
Wow: Pregnant 44-Year-Old Woman Wins Mt. Everest Marathon She ran the high-altitude course in 6:02. Her husband and son tried to convince her not to do it.
US News: Teg Does The Marathon?
- Good Read: Ben True Talks To RW About His Chances At Making The US Team For Moscow 2013 And Is Extremely Confident "I think I'm a top three guy any way you look at it. I'm very confident with my closing speed. At the end of the race, I think there are very few people who can run away from me ... I have the confidence to be able to run with everybody."
- RW Q&A With Matt Tegenkamp, Who Won't Be Racing US Champs This Year In Des Moines, But Instead Is Planning On Doing A Fall Marathon
- IAAF And IOC Officially Name Adam Nelson As The 2004 Olympic SP Champion Following Yuriy Bilonoh's Positive Drug Re-Test
- Do You Live In One Of America's Fittest Cities? In national survey, Minneapolis-St. Paul said to be fittest urban area.
- Transcontinental Relay Will Go 3,000 Miles From LA To Boston To Raise Money For Boston Bombing Victims
- Las Vegas Marathon Shifts From Early December Date To November 17th For Chance At Warmer Weather
- LOGOC Announces £30 Million Surplus In Final Set Of Accounts, Wiping Out Original BOA Loss
- Madrid Says Financial Problems Won't Hinder Their Ability To Host The 2020 Olympics Other candidates Tokyo and Istanbul are busy campaigning their bids as well.
Previous Pre Classic News
- Alan Webb In International
Mile1,500 At Pre Classic ... Along With Andrew Wheating
- "Pre Classic 5k Pacer To Go Through 3k At 7:46-7:48 (12:56-13:00 Pace)" - Tom Jordan At Interviews Today
- Rupp Running For American Record (???) - Ran 3 Sets Of (1,600, 1,200, 800, 400)
- Ryan Bailey Faces Nesta Carter, Mike Rodgers And Justin Gatlin In Pre 100m The 200 is led by Walter Dix, Nickel Ashmeade and Churandy Martina.
- Allyson Felix, Tianna Madison, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce And Veronica Campbell-Brown Highlight Women's 100
- Daily Relay 5 Questions With Kim Conley, Who Will Be In The Pre Classic 5k
Other Upcoming Action
- Sunday: RRW Comrades Marathon Preview - All Eyes On Defending Champion Ludwick Mamabolo He's the one who tested positive after last year's race. but after almost a year of legal battles, was found not guilty because of "technical irregularities" in the testing procedure.
- Next Week In Des Moines: Video Interview With Jordan Hasay Discussing Memories Of Running At Hayward Field As She Approaches Her Last Meet As An Oregon Duck Next Week At NCAAs
- July 4th: IAAF Q&A With French "Superheroes" Renaud Lavillenie (PV) Christophe Lemaitre (200) Ahead Of The July 4th Lausanne DL Meet Usain Bolt is in the 200 with Lemaitre, and other big names include Kirani James and France's two-time Olympic steeple silver medallist Mahiedine Mekhissi-Benabbad.
- July 7th: Australia's Gold Cost Airport Marathon Field Highlighted By Japan's Yuki Kawauchi And London Marathon 3rd Placer Yukiko Akaba
2013 Pre Classic Is Friday/Saturday
- Kirani James Vs. LaShawn Merritt Highlights Pre Classic 400 They'll face a deep field that includes Olympic silver medalist Luguelin Santos.
- RunAfricaDotCom Q&A With Olympic 800 Silver Medalist And World Junior Record Holder Nijel Amos (link fixed) He was supposed to race the Pre 800 (which boasted all 8 Olympic finalists), but missed a month of training with a quad injury and has pulled out of the race. He says he's been training for 3 weeks, but isn't in good shape yet.
- 10,000 Legends Kenenisa Bekele And Mo Farah To Clash At Pre Classic On Friday The race could be special. That being said, after a spat between Nike and adidas, the meet will NOT serve as the Ethiopian Moscow Trials.
- World's Fastest Teenager Racing At 2013 Pre Classic Women's 1,500 And Her Name Isn't Mary Cain
- Al Sal's Nike Oregon Project Runners Are "Resting" Not "Tapering" For This Weekend's Prefontaine Clash "We're not tapering for it like we would the U.S. Championships, but we're resting a week for it."
Lance Armstrong In The News
- Interesting: USA Today Prints Ongoing Text Conversation Between Lance Armstrong And Betsy Andreu That Show Armstrong Avoiding Meeting Up To Apologize
- Nike Cuts Ties With LiveStrong Foundation
- Boston Marathon Bombing Victim And His Rescuer Honored At Boston Red Sox Game They are the two from this well known photo after the blast.
- Two Ultra-Marathoners Running From DC To Boston To Raise Money For Boston Bombing Victims They have raised over $52,000 so far.
- Mo Gets Ready By Winning In London: Mo Farah Wins 5th Straight BUPA London 10k Ahead Of "1st Big Test" In Eugene Next Week Farah won by about a minute in 29:13. Simon Hart called the race nothing more than "a crowd-pleasing exhibition." Farah says he's doing more weights and more mileage than last year. *Results For 10k *AW Recap Of Farah's 10k
- Brit Mag Athletics Weekly Is Worried Hagos Gebrhiwet Is Going To Beat Mo Farah At 5k
- Day After Getting Third In Road Mile, Steph Twell Is 2nd In Women's 10k As Katrina Wooton Wins
- 19-Year-Old Charlie Grice Wins British Athletics One Mile Road Championships After a 2:04 first half, he won in 4:01.9.
- Westminister Mile Video And Results Hannah England won the women's mile.
adidas GP Men's Distance Recap (Rest Of Meet In Middle Column) *Results *LRC Winners Photo Gallery *LRC Post-Race Video Interviews
LRC Men's 800 Even Rain Can't Stop David Rudisha; A Fall Robs Erik Sowinski Of Another Great Finish David
Rudisha won as expected and Erik Sowsinki's good form continued as Robby Andrews still is searching for the breakthrough.
Recommended Read: NY Times Writes Feature On Colm O'Connell And David Rudisha: Improbably, Missionary's Work Is To Mentor Kenyan Stars
*MB: Rudisha's SECRET revealed: time operates differently for him!
*Brit Andrew Osagie Wins Race For 2nd Behind Rudisha In 800m
LRC Men's 5k Hagos Gebrhiwet Establishes Himself As Mo Farah's Biggest Rival, Ben True Runs Well American Ben True's fine 2013 continued with a 4th place finish ahead of Dejen Gebremeskel.
*RRW Distance Recap: Rudisha Cruises Despite Conditions, Gebrhiwet, Aregawi, Frazier And Saarel Win
Dream Mile/100: DyeStat Dream Race Coverage: Ben Saarel Closes Last Lap In 56 To Win In 4:02.72; Edward Cheserek Was 3rd In 4:05.36, Andres Arroyo 8th (4:08.41) In the girl's dream mile, Wesley Frazier won in 4:39.17. Cameron Burrell won the boy's Dream 100 (10.40) and Ky Westbrook won the girl's race in 11.52.
*Duke Recruits Go 1-2-3 In New York DL HS Girls' Mile
*On The Boards: BEN SAAREL 4:02.78!!! *Andres Arroyo O U C H *Boy's Mile Race Video *Girl's Mile Race Video
LRC Post-Race Interviews: Men: *David Rudisha *Leo Manzano (talks about no Nike deal) *Ben True *Robby Andrews (might run 800 at USAs) *Erik Sowinski After Fall *Ibrahim Jeilan
HS: *Ben Saarel Dream Mile Winner *Bernie Montoya *Andres Arroyo
For Those Who Don't Think Genes Matter: HSer Cameron Burrell Wins adidas Dream 100 On The Same Track His Dad Leroy Set The WR At 9.91, Beating Carl Lewis In 1991 Burrell's father is a former WR holder and a 4 x 100 gold medalist from the 1992 Olympics. His mom also won a gold medal in the '92 Games running the heats of the 4 x 100. Yeah, good genetics matter.
Regionals *NCAA D1 Regionals Results *DII Results *DIII Results *NCAA Confirms Final Entries For Nationals
- Jordan Hasay Keeps Her College Career Alive By Coming Back From Disappointment In The 10k To Win Her 5k Heat In 16:00.84
- *Video Interview With An Emotional Hasay After Making It In The 5k
*Ken Goe: "Jordan Hasay will complete her college career at Hayward Field, and that is how it should be."
*Register-Guard: "Duck track and field heads home for NCAA outdoor championships on Jordan Hasay's lead."
- NCAA Confirms Final Entries For National Championships
- MB: Saturday Regional Results: Anything big happen? Big names staying home? Kyle Merber went out in the 1,500, Parker Stinson and Meaghan Nelson went out in the 5k (but made it in the 10k). Heat 1 of the East 1,500 was quick with Jeremy Rae beating Andrew Bayer 3:39.92 to 3:40.43.
- OTB: Why Didn't Laura Hollander Run in the West Regional?
*Associated Press has no clue who Jordan Hasay is
*HASAY VS. DIAGOSTINO in nationals
DIII: MB: Christy Cazzola wins 800 (2:05.93), 1500 (4:17.23) and 5000 (16:31.17)
DIII Women: Wartburg Secures Third National Title In Five Years With Triple Jump Finish
DIII Men: UW-La Crosse Holds Off UW-Eau Claire To Capture 12th Outdoor Championship
DII Men: Sprinters, Hurdlers Help St. Augustine's Cruise To 11th Outdoor Championship
DII Women: Academy Of Art Sweeps 2013 Track Titles With Outdoor Team Championship
Great CityGames In Manchester, England; Kenyan Police Champs
- Greg Rutherford Wins Great CityGames Manchester LJ
- GreatBritain's Perri Shakes-Drayton Beats Olympic Champ Natalya Antyukh And Sets World Record (Best) In Rarely-Run 200 Hurdles
*More On Perri Shakes-Drayton
- Allyson Felix Sets World's Best In Women's 150m At 16.36 Florence Griffith-Joyner ran 16.10 in her 200m world record.
*Allyson Felix Wishes Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Hadn't Pulled Out So Olympic 100 And 200 Champs Could Have Raced
- Christophe Lemaitre Runs 9.14 For 100m Into 1.0m/s (Last 100 Of 14.90 150)
- Jonnie Peacock Wins Paralympic Sprint
- Kenya: Jeremiah Mutai Runs 1:43.9 At Altitude At Kenyan Police Champs, Augustine Choge 3:37 *Day 1 Recap
- Other: Canada's Brianne Theisen And Damian Warner Win Heptathlon And Decathlon At Famous Hypo Meeting In Gotzis, Austria
- *Register-Guard Article On The Former Duck/Ashton Eaton's Fiance Theisen And Her Win
- IAAF Recap Throwing Meet In Halle, Germany: Dilshod Nazarov Sets Hammer World Lead At 80.71m
Police Investigation Into Oscar P Murder Trial Won't Be Completed Until August His June 4th court appearance is expected to only take 10 minutes and be nothing more than a postponement.
Other US News
- U.S. Cross-Country Championships Return To Boulder In 2014 And 2015 Boulder last hosted the event in 2007, when Deena Kastor and Alan Culpepper took the open victories, and Elliott Heath and Jordan Hasay won the junior titles.
- Thousands Run The Final Mile Of The Boston Marathon To Honor Bombing Victims And Emergency Workers
Previous Regional News
- LRC Absolute Stunner Oregon Senior Jordan Hasay Fails To Advance To NCAA Finals In 10,000
MB: Jordan Hasay 10k - did she not make it??
MB: NCAA WEST DELAYED
MB:NCAA REGIONALS ARE NOT RIGHT!
MB: A little perspective on the Austin heat (and how it's not bad)
MB: Day 1 of 2013 NCAA Preliminary Rounds - What happened big? Anything stunning?
MB: NCAA D1 Top Men Eliminated after Thursday Results
*Register-Guard: Before Hasay's Disaster, Oregon Was Having A Great Day
World Champ Trying To Get Back, Olympic Champ Diversifying?
- Olympic LJ Champ Greg Rutherford Looking Forward To Getting A Chance To Race In The 100 At The Pre Classic He says he'd like to go to the World Champs in both the LJ and 100. His PR is only 10.26 from 2010, so he'd need to at least get the "A" of 10.15 and then beat the other Brits.
- Dai Greene Optimistic About Chances At Defending His World Title After Coming Back From Hip Surgery In March He might compete at the Rome DL meet as his season opener.
- Not A Stunner, But Big News: 2009 World Steeple Champ Marta Dominguez Reportedly Has Abnormalities In Her Biological Passport We're not sure if there's ever been someone more linked to doping but never officially caught.
- 10 Important Tips For Running A Beer Mile From New World Record Holder Josh Harris (5:04.9)
- 2004 Athens Olympics Women's Marathon Gold Medalist Mizuki Noguchi Leaves For Altitude Training In Boulder - Says Goal Iis 2016 Olympics
- Former UF Star Genevieve LaCaze Named To Aussie Worlds Team After 9:37 PR In Puerto Rico
- Aussie Writer Tired Of Pacemakers: "Seeing five Africans run 3:32 for 1,500m every week has become tiresome."
- Kenya Releases Provisional Moscow Marathon List Of 12
- Geoffrey Mutai, Wilson Kipsang, Geoffrey Kipsang, W. Chebet And Sammy Kitwara To Race 10k At Kenya Police Service Athletics Championships This Week
- Recap Of Thursday's Kenya Teachers Colleges Competition
- Recap Of Penultimate Day Of The 18th Arab Athletics Championships In Doha
- Athletes Ready For Saturday's BT Great CityGames In Manchester
- Paralympic Star Jonnie Peacock Happy Back In Britain As He Hated Living I The U-S-A "The less time I spend over there the better. ... You have to drive two days to find places. By the end I was counting down the days to leave."
- Mo Farah Looking For 5th Straight Bupa London 10,000 Title On Monday
- Paralympian Jonnie Peacock Looks Forward To Manchester's BT Great CityGames -Video
- Dwain Chambers: "Even my kids talk about Usain more than me - I just ask them not to forget their old dad now and again."
Next Weekend's Pre Men's Mile Will Have It All
Better Than The Olympics: 2013 Bowerman Mile At Pre Classic Will Feature A Totally Incredible Field You can't get a mile field better than this as it features Makhloufi vs. Kiprop plus all of the other London finallists plus all of the world top 10 from 2012.
*MB: Return of the Makh - Bowerman Mile startlist
*MB: Makhloufi Running Bowerman Mile at Pre Classic
More News Of Note From Oregon:
Oregon's Elijah Greer Has Jettisoned The Self Doubt And Is Making A Statement
Al Sal Says He Wants Mary Cain To Get 5,000 "A" In Case She's Sick Or Gets Tripped In 1,500
Oregon's Chris Brewer Speaks For 1st Time About Crash That Nearly Killed Him & Molly Grabill Brewer was on Oregon's 4 x 1 mile team at Penn. Grabill has missed the only season recovering from the horrific crash.
Kara Goucher's Next Race Will Be 10,000 At US Trials
- Maybe All Those Feel-Good Olympic Stories Aren't A Coincidence? Study Finds That Past Adversity In Life Might Make You A Better/Tougher Runner Today The study found that being exposed to stresses in your life "toughens you up" and lets you better deal with pain while competing.
- Study Looks At How Exercise Affects Sleep, And Vice Versa They found that morning workouts result in fewer wakings during the night compared to afternoon or evening runs.
(In Case You Missed It Over the Weekend) Week #2 Of IAAF Season Is In The Books *Full Results *LRC Shanghai Photo Gallery (Videos In Race Recap Below) (Non-LRC Coverage Further Down Page)
LRC 2013 Shanghai Recap: Asbel Kiprop Pulls Off A Houdini Act, Do We Have A New King & Queen In The Men's Steeple And
Women's 5,000? Asbel Kiprop amazed, a new phenom emerged in the men's steeple and perhaps as well in the women's 5,000 & Francine Niyonsaba
dominated the women's 800. Plus lots of great sprint/field action with Kirani James, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, Jason Richardson, and Chinese hero, jumper Jinzhe Li.
*IAAF Full Meet Recap
LRC Shanghai Photo Gallery
MB: Official 2013 Shanghai Diamond League Discussion Thread
Sunday Road Results: Ryan Hall 2nd At Bay To Breakers
- Bay To Breakers: Tolossa Fufi Wins, Ryan Hall 2nd In First Race Since Olympics Hall was pleased to be healthy again. Diane Nukuri Johnson won the women's race.
*More: Best Bay To Breakers Costumers
*MB Thread On Hall's Run
- 16-Year-Old Marathon Debut: 16-Year-Old Alana Hadley Runs 2:58 In Marathon Debut Hadley's debut at such a young age got her a front page story in the NY Times sports section today.
- Japan: WR Holder Zersenay Tadese Takes Down Martin Mathathi At Gifu Seiryu Half Tadese ran 1:00:31 to Mathathi's 1:00:54. Ryan Vail was 10th (1:04:52) and Yuki Kawauchi, a week after running back-to-back half marathons, struggled in 14th place (1:05:05). Mestawet Tufa won the women's race in 1:10:03. *IAAF Recap
- Brooklyn: Kim Smith Wins Brooklyn Half In CR 1:11:24 Tesfaye Girma won the men's race in 1:06:03. *Full Results
- Still Not As Good As Kawauchi: Kenya's Duncan Koech Wins Nordea Riga Marathon In 2:15:35 3 Weeks After Running 2:09:10 For 3rd In Prague Ethiopia's Aberash Nesga won the women's race in 2:40:31.
- Isabella Ochichi Continues Her Comeback, Winning Sweden Half Marathon In Hot Conditions In 1:11:29 (Results Only) Jackson Kiprop won the men's race in 1:03:13.
- Further Proof Race Walking Is Not A Sport We Cover: Russian Race Walking Duo Try To Tie By Crossing The Line Holding Hands But Fail Due To Electronic Timing
- Jeromy Andreas And Lebo Phalula Win SA Road 10k Titles
News From Kenya (A Deceased Phenom In The News)
Anniversary Of Sammy Wanjiru's Tragic Death Passes - Mausoleum In His Honour Was Unveiled As His Lawyer Claims Agent Federico Rosa Has Stolen Money
Patrick Makau (2931) Loses To Peter Kirui (2915) At Administration Police Championships
2 Reviews & 1 Book Excerpt From John McDonnell: The Most Successful NCAA Coach In History
LRC Book Review By Former Hog Marlon Boykins: "Two Thumbs Up:"
book is full of insight into the hard-working, team-first ethos that
made us such a successful." We had two people review the book, including the 1:47 man Boykins, who was at Arkansas at the pinnacle of its heyday. "It was a self-contained UBER-COMPETITIVE atmosphere ... the sprinters, jumpers and distance guys all trying to show which group reigned supreme ..."
Book Excerpt The Legendary Story Of The 1989 Penn Relays DMR, Where 4 Kids From Arkansas, Texas And Missouri Beat 4 African Olympians And The Olympic 1,500m Champ The 1989 Mount St. Mary's Penn Relays DMR team featured 4 African Olympians, including 1988 Olympic 1,500m champ Peter Rono. John McDonnell's Arkansas squad featured 4 kids from Texas, Missouri and Arkansas. A legendary motivational speech by McDonnell and Joe Falcon on the anchor made for one of the great upsets in Penn Relays history. Read all about it in this excerpt from the new John McDonnell biography.
LRC Review #2 John McDonnell D2 Coach Torrey Olson We had Olson, who has an MFA in creative writing, give his take. "It's got a lot to offer anyone interested in an incredibly sustained passion for the both the sport and the profession."
Pre Classic Women's Events *Friday Full Results *Saturday Full Results *Individual Event Results *LRC Post-Race Video Interviews
LRC Women's 800: Mary Cain Breaks 2:00 As Francine Niyonsaba Dominates Niysonaba was fantastic and got a new meet record. Also running amazingliy was American Brenda Martinez, but both were overshadowed by the 17-year-old Cain.
*Oregonian: Mary Cain shatters 31-year-old national high school record
LRC Women's 5,000: Tirunesh Dibaba Survives A Scare From Mercy Cherono Dibaba won but boy did she have to work for it on the thrilling last lap. Kim Conley PRed to grab top American honors.
LRC Women's 1,500: Hellen Obiri Wins In 3:58 As Treniere Moser And Sheila Reid Run 4:02 Alberto Salazar's magic continued as the 31-year-old Moser crushed her 2006 PR.
Friday Night: Women's 800: LRC Phoebe Wright Gets The Win, Ajee Wilson's Winning Streak Comes To An End And Gabrielle Anderson PRs Wright ran 2:00.85 as Wilson was 3rd (2:01.24).
2013 Pre On The LRC Message Board *Post-Race Video Interviews Already Up
*Official 2013 Saturday Pre Classic Thread
*RITZ IS BACK BABY!!!!
*Derrick came this close to being the #2 American at Pre
*Pre:5000m, How fast was Soi's last 200m?
*Ode to Kim Gallagher who had HS 800 record for 30 + years
*Mary Cain has unfair advantages - so unfair - professional coach. best faciilities
*This is it folks - Mary Cain is the greatest high school distance runner we have ever seen
*Will Mary Cain be the only American with every A-standard in the 800m, 1500m, and 5000m?
*"You Wonder if the Virus is Taking a Little Out of Mo's Finish"
*Jager will break the AR for the SC at Pre
- World XC Champ Emily Chebet Earns Her Second Freihofer's Run For Women Title She won the Albany, NY 5k as 2004 Olympic 5,000 silver medalist Isabella Ochichi was 3rd (15:35). Past Olympic marathon gold medalist Joan Samuelson was second in the 50+ age group. Amy Van Alstine was the first American in 16:01. *Full Results