More (Mostly NCAA) Results From The Weekend
- UTEP's Anthony Rotich Runs NCAA Altitude-Adjusted Leading Times In Both The 3000 (7:59.40) And Mile (4:03.07) At New Mexico Invitational His times were 8:11.51 and 4:08.48 without the altitude conversion.
- TexasA&M Sprinter Deon Lendore Is USTFCCCA's Athlete Of The Week For His
World Leading 45.91 400 Followed By A 45.90 4x4 Split Oklahoma thrower Tia Brooks won the women's award for her collegiate-leading mark of 61-6¾ (18.76m).
- 1:47.87 800 By Austrian Andreas Rapatz And 2:04.79 Anita Hinriksdottir Highlight European Weekend Results
- Jesse Williams Says Size Doesn't Matter “Almost in every big competition I’m the shortest and usually the heaviest or closest to it, which I take pride in.”
- Brooks Running Company Pledges Continued Commitment to Developing Athletes and the Sport of Running They've started a Seattle-based middle distance team which includes Matt Scherer and Mark Wieczorek.
News From The UK: Mara Yamauchi Retires
- GB 39-Year Old Marathoner Mara Yamauchi Retires She is Britain's second fastest ever marathon runner, finished runner-up in 2009 London Marathon and won the 2008 Osaka Marathon.
- Many Races Cancelled As Britain Is Hit With Severe Snowy Weather The South of England Cross Country Championships and the South of England Indoor Championships were among two bigger ones that were cancelled.
- Those Poor People: Large Sculpture Of Weird London 2012 Mascot Placed Permanently In Front Of UK Stadium That Was "Birthplace" Of Paralympics
Scientific Study Finds That Being Active Is Linked To Long-Term Happiness Do we really need a scientific study to tell us that on the average, healthier people who take care of their bodies will be happier?
Sunday And Other Weekend Action
Records Fall At 2013 Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon As Jackson
Kiprop Runs 2:09:32 And Valentine Kipketer Runs 2:24:33 Kipketer's 2:24:33 is
fastest time in world in 2013 and new Indian all-comers record. Edit: This press release incorrectly stated that Kipketer's 2:24:33 was a World Leading time. It is actually 3rd fastest in 2013 behind the top two from the
Houston Marathon, Merima Mohammed (2:23:37) and Buzunesh Deba (2:24:26).
- Jairus Birech And Former World Jr. Champ Mercy Cheron Are The Weekend Winners At Italian XC Meet For the men, World Junior steeple champ Conseslus Kipruto was well beaten in 3rd.
- Crazy: Less Than 48 Hours After Winning The Egypt Marathon In 2:12 Yuki Kawauchi Runs Saitama Ekiden He finished 2nd on his 11.9 km stage in 36:54 (4:59 pace for ~7.4miles).
- Collis Birmingham Dominates Australia's World XC Trials Wins by 27 seconds.
*Birmingham's Training Partner Brett Robinson Also Qualified
- 2011 World LJ Silver Medalist Olga Kucherenko Jumps 7.00m To Highlight Russia's Governor's Cup IAAF Natalya Peryakova clocked 2:03.41 in the women's 800m.
- Japan Running News: Hyogo Defends National Men's Ekiden Title With Perfect Team Performance *IAAF Recap
- Louise Damen And Andy Vernon Win McCain UK Cross Challenge In Snowy/Blizzard Conditions
- IAAF Recap Of Australian Youth Olympic Festival
NCAA Results *All College Results *Full Triangular Results
- LSU Women Win 2013 Arkansas, Texas A&M, & LSU Triangular
- Texas A&M Men Win 2013 Arkansas, Texas A&M, & LSU Triangular Henry Lelei won the mile (4:10.95) and anchored the winning DMR.
- Kansas State Sweeps Wildcat Invitational Winning All 6 Dual Meets Against Oklahoma State, Tulsa And UMKC Olympic silver medalist Erik Kynard jumped for the first time since London winning in 2.29 meters (7-06.00) to set a new meet an collegiate dual meet record.
- Nebraska Wins Men's And Women's adidas Classic Titles
- University Of Minnesota Sweeps Titles At Jack Johnson Invitational Jon Peterson won the 3k in 8:03.00 as Jamie Cheever won the women's in 9:19.87.
Dying Too Young
LRC 4-Time World Marathon Majors Runner-Up Abderrahim Goumri Has Died At Age 36 The former MAR national record holder at 2:05:30, who once ran 12:50 for 5k and was twice
the runner-up in New York, has been killed in a car accident. Goumri was busted for drugs due to the biological passport last summer.
Former 10k World Record Holder Samson Kimobwa, Who Ran 27:30.47 On June 30, 1977 In Helsinki, Has Died Suddenly At Age 58 Interesting fact - he coached Boaz Cheboiywo in Kenya and went to Washington State. *Wikipedia Page
*IAAF Tribute To Samson Kimobwa And Abderahim Goumri
- Swiss National Champ In Hammer Throw Applauds Decision Of US Jr. Hammer Throw Champ To Attend Cornell Rojo just wants to say Megan Johnson (Cornell throws coach) is great.
- Not Sure If We Had This Up: Kansas Getting Its Own Track Stadium That Seats 10,000 As Track Is Being Moved Out Of Football Stadium Not sure if that's enough for the Kansas Relays, but the AD acts like it
is a great thing: "Track and Field is back at Kansas. If we give them one
of the top tracks in the nation, can you imagine what we can do here at
the University of Kansas?''
- HS News: CBA HSer Tom O'Neill Runs 9:05.50
News From Kenya
- Kenyans Are Excited To Open World XC Training Camp On Friday And Return To Poland In 2010, they went 8 for 8 in terms of gold medals in Poland.
- 1st Time Camp Has Ever Been Done Before The Nationals Both defending champs - Emily Chebet and Joseph Ebuya - are attending.
Interesting Distance News
- Mo Farah: "Galen Rupp could beat me right now."
- Unbelievable: Athletics Kenya And Reporter Are Blaming Global Warming On Kenya's Poor Olympic Showing The global alarmists need to calm down and stop crying wolf for everything that goes wrong in the world. We don't think the rise in temperature in the Rift Valley from 55.4 to 58.1 (13 to 14.5 Celsius) is hurting Kenya's runners.
- PAC-12 Says Runnerspace And Flotrack Can't Stream Meets - Only Schools Or PAC-12 Network Can We saw this coming years ago - you can't stream a b-ball game without paying for it.
- Two Weeks After Saturday's Egypt Marathon, Yuki Kawauchi Will Race Another Marathon In Japan
- Tirunesh Dibaba Will Race 2-Mile Again In Boston As Centro Will Race Mile At New Balance Indoor Grand Prix On Feb. 2
- Awesome/Almost Dangerous: New Balance Games In New York On January 26 Will Have 1-Mile Steeple - LetsRun.
- LetsRun Favorite Martin Lel Is Getting Ready For Next Weekend's Standard Chartered Dubai Marathon
- Farah To Run Only Indoor Race Of The Season At British Athletics Grand Prix Read On Feb. 16th Mo Farah is to compete over 3,000m at the British Athletics Grand Prix at Birmingham.
- Farah To Run Indoor 3,000m In Birmingham To Thank British Fans Who Flocked To See Olympics
- 80% Chance That London Diamond League Meet Will Be Moved From Its Traditional Crystal Palace Home
RIP John Thomas And Steve Lynn
Former HJ WR Holder And USATF Hall Of Famer John Thomas Passes Away At 71 Thomas won silver and bronze Olympic medals and when he was only 17, became the first person to clear 7 feet indoors.
*RR: Rip John Thomas: Toni Reavis Blogs On The "Passing Of A Hero"
*Video Of John Thomas' Historic 1959 Millrose Games WR HJ Meet director Howard Schmertz: "That was my No. 1 most memorable moment in Millrose history. It brought the house down. It was the loudest roar I ever heard at the Garden. Any sport."
*Former Iowa State Track Coach Steve Lynn Dies At Age 61
2013 Boston And Other Upcoming Racing News
- Full 2013 Boston Marathon Field Released: Eight Sub-2:06 Men and Six Sub-2:23 Women Will Battle For Victory
*John Hancock Press Release
*MB: Boston Elite Field Announced - Who you got?
*MB: Rest of the Boston Elite Field Announced - Mosop, Geb Geb, Cheruiyot, Wesley Korir
- Feb 8th Düsseldorf 800 Features Bronze Medallist Timothy Kitum, Boaz Lalang, And Last Year's Fastest Man In The World During Indoors, Adam Kszczot Also 2004 Olympic champ Yuriy Borzakovskiy.
- Feb 3rd: Olympic Marathon Medalists Tiki Gelana And Abel Kirui Headline Kagawa Marugame International Half Marathon Kirui will be up against Japanese Olympic marathoner Arata Fujiwara and Alistair Cragg, while Gelana will face Kim Smith and 2011 World Championships marathon 5th placer Yukiko Akaba.
Houston Marathon/Half Was Sunday
LRC Ethiopians Feyisa Lilesa And Mamitu Daska Win 2013 Aramco Houston Half Marathon The performance of the day belonged to Daska, who was dominant on US soil just as she was in all of 2012. Shadrack Biwott (62:23) and Lisa Uhl (73:28) were the top Americans as Luke Puskedra and Aaron
Braun also broke 63.
LRC Bazuk Worku (2:10:17) And Merima Mohammed (2:23:27) Win 2013 Chevron Houston Marathon Titles The former WJr. record holder picked up marathon win #1 as Andrew Carlson (2:17:16) and Tera Moody (2:39:10) took top American honors.
RRW: Ethiopians Sweep Titles At Cold, Wet 2013 Chevron Houston Marathon & Aramco Half Marathon Includes quotes from Biwott, Carlson, Uhl.
More Weekend Action - Mostly XC Action
- LRC Chelsea Reilly And Yosef Ghebray Win Bay Area Cross Challenge 2013 (Full Results)
- Abera Kuma And Helah Kiprop Dominate 2013 PWN Egmond Half Marathon Sammy Kitwara raced but wasn't top 5. This is the race on the sand that we talked about last year.
- Vallagrino, Italy XC: Ethiopian Teenager Muktar Edris - The "Future Of Ethiopian Distance Running" - Wins Again This time he destroyed Sergiy Lebid by 42 seconds.
- Pathetic: European Cross Winning Irish Team Won't Compete At World XC If you can't win, why go? The idea of going to basically whites only competition should have ended with Apartheid 25 years ago.
- N. Ireland XC IAAF: Fionnaula Britton Wins Again As Uganda's Thomas Ayeko Wins Men's Race By 37 Seconds Ayeko is a 20-year-old who ran 27:43 last year. The runner-up who was crushed, David Bett, is no slouch as he's a 13:06 guy.
- Irish Times: Britton shows no sign of flagging
- Athletics Weekly On Britton
- Pre-Race: Irish Times Was Expecting Britton To Dominate
- Former Cornell Runner Sage Canaday Wins US 100k Trail Champs
Big Races Set For Indoor Season
- Crazy Deep Field Set For Millrose 2 Mile As Evan Jager, Dathan Ritzenhein, German Fernandez And Andrew Bumbalough Added To Field They join previously announced Bernard Lagat, Cam Levins and Lawi Lalang.
- Great Men's Mile Highlights UW Indoor Preview This Saturday: Galen Rupp, Matt
Centrowitz and Dorian Ulrey Will Be Paced Through 800 In 1:55 By Pro Rabbit Matt Scherer Alberto Salazar-coached high schooler Mary Cain is in the women's 3k.
*Feb. 16th: Bernard Lagat Joins Field For Millrose Games 2-Mile Along With Lali Lalang And Cam Levins He'll go after the 8:09.72 AR that Galen Rupp took from him last year. Also announced for the meet, Nick Symmonds and Duane Solomon will go for the AR in the 600m. It will be broadcast live on ESPN3 Feb. 16th (time TBA) and 8-10 p.m. on Feb. 17th on ESPN. *IAAF
*Good News For The Sport: All Three USATF Championship Series Indoor Meets To Be Broadcast Live They are New Balance Indoor Grand Prix (2-Feb), the Millrose Games (16-Feb), and the USA Indoor Track & Field Championships (1-3-March).
Asafa Powell Gives Some Tips For The Ladies
- Asafa Powell Tells Women How To Keep Guys Interested "Being clingy is a Highway 2000 route to being single. Being too available can come across as desperate and a turn-off. We like a little chase. If you're always there then."
Two-Time NCAA Champ From Texas, Jacob Hernandez, Officially Retires At Age 27 "Today, I announce my retirement from track and field. Ray Lewis and I decided, its time to go."
*LRC 2008 NCAA 800 Recap *Race Video
*LRC 2008 NCAA Photos
*Retirement Video Interview With Hernandez
Usain Bolt Gets Dumped
- Usain Bolt Gets Dumped By British Girlfriend She says she couldn't handle the long-distance relationship and spills the beans on what it was like to date the global superstar.
- Article Claims That Usain Bolt Was Motivated To Win Gold In London By Pictures Of His Girlfriend's Butt
- Bond > Bolt? Usain Bolt #2 On AskMen.com's Top 49 Men Of 2012 List James Bond was #1.
The Media Reacts To Suzy Favor Hamilton
Definitely Not Politcally Correct: Chicago Sun-Times Columnist: SFH isn't alone - lots of female distance runners are total nut jobs SFH had "a glint of ferocity in her eyes, of suppressed danger. I saw the look in many of the Wisconsin middle-distance and long-distance female runners. In my book, I made special note of them, of their lapses
into near insanity, of their successes and crashes and eating disorders
and dependence on their controlling German head coach, Peter Tegen."
*Foot Locker Midwest Head Says Hamilton Can't Even Work As Volunteer At Its Event - Doubts She'll Keep Any Running Jobs "There is not a person in my opinion who has given more back to the sport of distance running than she has. That's why it's so tragic. We're losing Suzy." The UW-Madison School of Education, and the Wisconsin Potato and Vegetable Growers Association also are re-considering.
*FBI Might Be Interested
*The Daily Beast Examines How Escort Services Work (link fixed)
*Suzy Favor Hamilton Loses Another Sponsor In The Wisconsin Potato And Vegetable Growers Association Disney was one thing, but losing the Potato and Vegetable Growers Association has gotta hurt
.*Husband Reacts With Compassion "Yes, I knew. We were essentially separated the past year. We are trying, with help, to see if we can make it work. Suzy is a good person who went down the wrong path, obviously."
*AP Knocks On Hamilton Door Gets No Answer, Finds Psychologist Who's Not Surprised "She needed to have some way to express some other side of herself that didn't feel as clean or wonderful or upstanding as she appeared to be."
*Seduction Author Not Surprised Either "I believe at least fifty to sixty percent of all single women are Wholesome Pretenders. ... The vast majority of women are taught and brainwashed to behave as 'innocent, wholesome good girls.' For most women, that is not the reality of their inner sexuality."
*Fox Sports.com: Sex scandal not funny, just sad.
*Colin Cowherd (Chris Lear And Rojo's Favorite Sports Radio Guy) Leads ESPN Show With SFH Talk - *Listen As He Says Her Actions Probably Aren't As Rare As You Think
*SFH Lands On Cover Of Daily News
*SFH Banned From All Disney Sporting Events
*runDisney Drops SFH As Event Speaker
*Competitor Group Drops Her As Well
*Bleacher Report: Former Olympian Deserves Privacy To Handle Personal Issues
The Smoking Gun.com: Suzy Favor Hamilton Has Been Working As $600/Hour Escort For Last Year SFH, the 3-time Olympian, has
been one of the hottest commodities in the escort business over the last year as she jumped up to a #3 ranking and got rave reviews for her runner's body and for providing
the "full GFE (girlfriend experience)." One client raved, "I would do anything to protect her. ... She is worth every penny. I will go bankrupt before I stop seeing her. I hope no one else goes to see her, because I want her all to myself. ... I never thought I would find anyone in this hobby like her."
*Suzy Favor Hamilton Issues A Statement
*MB: Suzy Favor-Hamilton: Vegas Escort
Reaction From Across The Globe:
*NY Times: 1,176 Words On SFH: Former Olympian Cites Depression For Taking Job As Escort
*NY Daily News On Hamilton
*RRW: Suzy Favor Hamilton Admits To Double Life As $600 Per Hour Escort (link fixed)
*Hometown Reaction: Wisconsin State Journal: Suzy Favor Hamilton cites depression as reason she led "double life" as high-priced prostitute
*Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel: Olympian Suzy Favor Hamilton admits she worked as escort
*Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Profile On Hamilton In July Where She Talked About Battling Depression
Suzy Favor Hamilton TV Report In Chicago
A MUST Read - One Of The Greatest Races Ever Run - The US Women's Version Of The Billy Mills 10,000 Win
RWorld Reintroduces The World To Debbie Heald, Who 40 Years Ago Incredibly Ran The US HS Indoor Mile Record Of 4:38.5 Steve Friedman's piece on Heald is moving to say the least. Heald, whose father had committed suicide,
who had been molested and who was always battling injury (13 different running-related surgeries), somehow
at the US vs. USSR meet at age 16 in 1972 beat the greatest runners in the world, including the indoor 1,500 record holder and that year's eventual Olympic 1,500 champion, by running an a 8.5-second PR of 4:38.5. She came from way back to win thanks to a ferocious kick and she was known for having no kick. Her life since then has been full of struggles with schizophrenia but her HS indoor record still stands.
MB: Debbie Heald article in RW
Heald's Incredible 1972 Race
More On Heald:
*2002 LA Times Feature
*1972 Sports Illustrated
*1967 Faces In The Crowd At Age 11
From The MB:
*16-year-old Debbie Heald takes down the Russians, sets AR in 1972
*No Wikipedia entry for Debbie Heald ...
*1972 USA vs. USSR: 16-year-old wins the women's mile in a national record. (still standing)
*1972 Video Of Debbie Heald
Foot Locker Finals *Results *Boys Photo Gallery *Legends Pre-Race Photo Gallery
Boys: Edward Cheserek Repeats After Battle With Sean McGorty McGorty, the South champ, and Jake Leingang, the Midwest champ, didn't make it easy for Cheserek, but there is a reason Cheserek
doesn't lose - he's
the best in the US high school ranks. The four Regional winners went 1-2-3-4. *Results *Milesplit Recap *Edward Cheserek Interview
Girls: Anna Rohrer Overcomes Fall To Win Rohrer pulled away for the win after falling after the start. Her Midwest teammates dominated the race with 6 in the top 10. Catarina Rocha of the Northeast was the runner-up, with both runner-ups having a least one Foot Locker finalist parent. *Results *Steve U's Recap *Anna Rohrer Interview
*OTB: Sarah Baxter 2016 Olympics? *wow footlocker, get your cameras fixed. learn how to cover a national race *Has Foot Locker gone too far?
- This Saturday: Mary Cain Going For The National High School Mile Record At The New Balance Games At The Armory She'll chase the 4:38.5 record set by Debbie Heald which at over 40 years old, is the oldest remaining girls' hs record indoor or out. The field also includes pros Sarah Bowman and Aussie steeplechase Olympian Genevieve LaCaze. Robby Andrews highlights the men's mile field which includes Craig Miller, Jack Bolas and Liam Boylan-Pett. There will also be an indoor steeple with Ashley Higginson and Stephanie Garcia leading the women's field. That is the oldest remaining national high school girls' record, indoor or outdoor. Gerry Lindgren's indoor two-mile mark — established in 1964 — is the only older indoor standard.
- Also On Saturday: UK's 2011 400H Champ Dai Greene Joins Field For Glasgow 600 Against Duane Solomon And London Games 800 8th Placer Andrew Osagi
- Feb 3rd: Mohammed Aman (The Only Man To Have Beated David Rudisha In The Past 2-Years) Added To Russian Indoor 600 Field The World indoor record (1:15.12) could be under threat as the field includes Olympic 8000 silver/bronze medallists Nijel Amos and Timothy Kitum and 2004 Olympic champ Yuriy Borzakovskiy. The women's PV is also competititve with Olympic medallists Yarisley Silva, Fabiana Murer and Holly Bleasdale.
- April 14th: Haile Gebreselassie Going For His Third Straight Vienna City Half-Marathon Victory Last year he ran 60:52 and the year before a CR 60:18.
- Olympic Marathon Champ Stephen Kiprotich Says He's Focus On Moscow 2013 And Hates Missing Training Days For Travel He'll either compete in the Boston or London Marathon this spring.
- Interesting Chart Displaying Caster Semenya's 800 "Rivalry With Russians" wAccording to this, since 2009 Caster is 2 and 7 (not counting semi-finals) with Olympic champ Mariya Savinova.
- In His Retirement, 15k WR Holder Felix Limo Focusing On Real Estate, Dairy Farming And Tea Plantations
- Lornah Kiplagat, Haile Gebrselassie And Kenenisa Bekele Among Top Runners To Use Earnings To Built Sports Facilities And Give Back To Younger Athlete
More Post-Oprah Armstrong News/Reactions
- Embarrassing: Lance's Cancer Docs Still Defending Him At least they were the day before the interview. We guess this isn't a surprise as one of them either didn't remember or seemingly perjured himself in contradicting Betsy Andreu. Why? We have no idea. Perhaps they are star struck? Remember, docs got indicted for trying to help cover up Plaxico Burress.
- Ben Johnson: "American people will forgive (Lance)." He also thinks Lance will easily make $$$. We hope not. Madoff also stole and gave to charity.
- Perfect: Australian Library Moves Lance Armstrong's Books To The Fiction Section It was announced that director J.J. Abrams and Paramount are working on a movie about Armstrong, based on New York Times reporter Juliet Macur's book Cycle of Lies: The Fall of Lance Armstrong.
- Good Read: In Oprah Interview, Armstrong Gives Vague Answers Without Revealing Anything But His "Hollow Core"
- Aussie Cycling President: "It was the most phoney, half-hearted, appalling confession from a bloke who has been so reprehensible in his conduct." Former head of UCI antidoping unit Anne Gripper: "(He's) not a single, one-off liar, he's a pathological liar. I don't want those people in our sport."
- Major League Soccer Team Sporting Kansas City Have Terminated Partnership With Livestrong Charity Due To "Aggressive Tactics"
- Sunday Times Reporter David Wash: "Lance needed to look remorseful and repentant and you would see a flicker of a smirk crossing his face." "Intellectually he had to be remorseful, but emotionally he couldn’t do it. Basically, Armstrong knew what he had to do but he wasn’t capable of doing it because obviously he’s got serious personality issues."
- Irish Independent: "If Armstrong was a man with a drinking problem rather than a man with a lying problem, he would now be at the stage where he is trying to control it."
- The Telegraph: Many unanswered Lance questions remain
LRC Lukas Verzbicas' Comeback Continues With 21:02 4-Mile Win We're calling this kid "The Real Lance" as he is a comeback-from-near-death athlete you can believe in.
Aaron Braun Talks About Training In Flagstaff And Spending A Lifetime At Altitude He grew up in Fort Collins, CO, went to school in Alamosa, CO and trains in Flagstaff, so he's never not been at altitude.
Japan Olympic Marathoner Naoko Sakamoto Retires At Age 32 She was 7th at the 2004 Athens Olympics.
Random But Interesting
- 2011 World Jr. XC Champ Geoffrey Kipsang Destroys Geoffrey Mutai By 54 Seconds At Kenya Police Champs Lucy Kabuu edged Edna Kiplagat for the women's titles. Leonard Oloitiptip and Gladys Cherono won the Defense titles. MB: Geoff Kipsang a threat to 10k WR ???
- Former Alabama Runner Julius Bor Beats Stephen Pifer To Win KPMG Bermuda Invitational Mile $10,000 was on the line if you broke four - they didn't.
- Lucky #20 Yuki Kawauchi Knocks 10 + Minutes Off Egypt Marathon Course Record And Wins In 2:12 - Will Race Again In 2 Weeks "This was the 20th anniversary of this race and my 20th marathon. It felt like fate."
- France's Renaud Lavillinie Scaled A World-Leading 5.86m And Brazil's Fabiana Murer Won The Women's Competition With 4.60m At The PV Summit
Two Amazing Post Oprah/Lance Articles
- An Absolute Must Read: Selena Roberts - Lance's own mom was worried he didn't care about anyone but himself way back in 1994 Roberts also points out how Runners World author Kristin Armstrong allowed Lance to destroy Greg LeMond's by not answering questions in a deposition. Apparently the truth isn't important enough to her if it's going to cost her millions. Also Lance insulted an over-the-hill Greg LeMond by offering to rent his house.
- Frankie Andreu Reacts
Lance Lied At Least Twice
- Lie #1: Former USADA Head Terry Madden Confirms That Lance Did Offer To Make A Donation
- Lie #2: WADA Head John Fahey Is "Absolutely Certain" Armstrong Doped During Comeback We imagine he doesn't want to have his sponsors come back after the money as the more recent ones probably had anti-dopoing clauses in them.
- The Telegraph: Many unanswered Lance questions remain
A Strange Coincidence? Week After Dayron Robles Says He's Sitting Out 2013 In Protest, Robles' Coach Says He's Retiring (article translated from Spanish) It looks like he'll be advising coaches from here on out. He also coached
2000 Olympic champ Anier García.
*2nd Article Translated From Spanish
Running Website News
- MB: Flotrack starting to charge for races You can watch Rupp race or Robby Andrews run at the Armory next week for $150 per year or $20 per month.
- Oregonian Article On PAC-12 Not Allowing Runnerspace/Flotrack Video Podcasts If people are charging for video, why would they?
- Canadian Sites Track And Field North & Athletics Illustrated Merging
Oprah & Lance Part I *Partial Transcript From Day 1 *MB: Official Lance/Oprah Interview Thread
Excellent NY Times Recap Of Oprah/Lance Day I: For Armstrong, A Confession Without Explanation The Times correctly points out that Lance was combative and couldn't hold back his natural inclination to fight and that he failed to once say, "I'm sorry." They also fail to mention he claimed he didn't dope during his comeback.
Rojo Oprah & Lance Part I: 4 General Thoughts, 3 Unanswered Questions And 1 Place Where Oprah Came Up Short
Great Read: NY Daily News Exclusive: Inside the secret whistleblower case against Lance Armstrong This is a FABULOUS READ. It tells you all about the case and makes you wonder, "Are politicians protecting Lance still today?"
*Dallas Lawyer May Be First To Sue Lance Armstrong After Oprah Interview The SCA lawyer watched Oprah and then said, "Apologies are nice, but when Mr. Armstrong sends us his apologies, he needs to include a check giving us back the $12 million."
Two Recommended Reads From Sports Illustrated, & Two From Canada With One From Ben Johnson:
RR #1: EPSTEIN: Former assistant cannot forgive Armstrong He's so mad he didn't even watch the interview.
RR #2: MURPHY: Wife of former teammate fought for truth Betsy Andreu emailed Lance in 1999 way before drug case and told him he treats people "like s---."
RR #3: National Post: Lance Armstrong unable to master the road in his interview with Oprah Winfrey
RR #4: Former Sprint King Ben Johnson Has Words Of Advice For Lance "It's only cheating if you're the only one doing it."
*Another Great Piece From ESPN's Bonnie Ford
More: *Jason Gay: Armstrong Begins His End
*Apology Expert On Why Lance Failed: "An effective apology means giving up your argument with history. It means letting the victims have the last word."
*Alan Abrahmson: Like air in the tires or water in the bottles
*Paul Kimmage Didn't Like InterviewAt All - "by the end of it I just wanted to put my boot through the television."
*Nike Has No Shame: Phil Knight On Nike Reuniting With Armstrong: "Never say never."
*Without Doping, Lance Would Be Nobody
*Prominent San Francisco Financier Thomas Weisel Has Been Subpoenaed In Connection With Armstrong
*The Independent's Simon Turnbull Remembers The Oprah/Marion Jones Interview
Modern Day Journalism/This Is Why Lance Never Got Unearthed By A Journalist: Alysia Montano Had Oatmeal For Breakfast And Yoghurt With Peanut Butter And Nuts
Previous Lance-Oprah News
A Must Read
If You Thought Lance Was Arrogant Before, This Will Put You Over The Top Behind Lance Armstrong's Decision To Talk The WSJ has exclusive insight into why Lance is going on Oprah. He is doing so because he had a secret meeting with USADA head Travis Tygart last month in Denver where Lance pathetically grovelled and made excuses in attempt to get Tygart to let him do triathlons - which Lance feels is his only way to make money. Tygart was having none of it and Lance threw a hissy and stormed out after yelling the QOD.
*Justice Department Takes Aim At Armstrong Justice Department officials have recommended joining a federal whistleblower lawsuit aimed at clawing back sponsorship money from former professional cyclist Lance Armstrong.
Who Says It's Just January? *Full UW Results
LRC Mary Cain Runs 9:02.10 For 3,000 - Arguably The Greatest Distance Performance In High School History
MB: *Cain 9:02!!!
*Mary Cain 9:02!!!
*How many boys state 3200/2 mile can mary cain win?
*NOW what do you think about a Baxter-Cain face-off at 3200 / 2-mile? Hmmmm?
Olympic Silver Medallist Galen Rupp Opens Up With 3:57 Mile Rupp tied up big time over the last 400.
Upset About Treatment On A "Human, Personal Level" By Cuban Officials, Dayron Robles Will Sit Out All Of 2013 In Protest Last week, we heard he was lacking motivation.
- Groundbreaking Takes Place For Lornah Kiplagat Sports Academy In Iten
- It's Official - Bobsleigh Is A Joke - Jana Pittman Switches From Athletics To Bobsleigh
Olympic 100m Bottle Thrower Convicted
Guilty: Men's 100m Bottle Thrower Is Convicted Sounds like due to his mental illness, he'll get a slap on the wrist, but the judge's reasoning was sound: "The video, in my view, quite clearly shows Mr Gill-Webb checking to see if he is under observation before taking the risk of throwing the bottle. I am sure that he was at that point weighing up the chances of being caught before throwing
in an effort to disrupt the start of the race and put off Usain Bolt. I am sure, therefore, that he was at that point acting rationally and wrongly."
*MB: OJ Simpson may have gotten off but the Olympic bottle thrower is convicted!!
Recommended Read On Why We Run: 42-Year-Old Mechanic, One Of Few Runners In Haiti, Keeps Running After Earthquake "Running is a continuation of life."
This 2:42 marathoner should have been in the Olympic marathon in our minds as he represents the Olympic ideal.
AP Video Story On Mechanic
Video: Kenyan Runner Edwin Kipsang Rotich Was Attacked During Brazil's New Year's Eve Kings Run 10k, But Still Went On To Win Police said the attacker has a history of mental problems and doing stunts like this. Rotich was unfazed at the finish as he didn't even mention the attack in his post-race interview. *Longer Video
US Pro And Collegiate News: Clemson Head Coach Resigns
- Lawrence Johnson Resigns As Clemson University Head Coach Flotrack reported that there were unofficial rumors saying it may be due to a compliance issue.
- Recommended Watch: Very Well Done Documentary On Ryan Vail On The Life Of A Professional Runner "This is my job. It's not about, 'I don't feel like running today' because everyone doesn't feel like going to work today. So I just say, 'This is better than a 9 to 5. Get out there and do your work today. This is going to work. Just get out there and do it.'"
- MB: Robby Andrews coaching at Princeton
- David Torrence Talks About Trying To Develop His Sprint Speed In 2013 This winter, he and his teammates attended a speed camp in Florida for 3 weeks.
Weekend Action - 2013 BUPA XC Was Saturday *Full Results *Discuss *Start Lists *Race Website
- Men's 8km: LRC American Bobby Mack Wins The Men's 8km Race At The 2013 Bupa Great Edinburgh Cross-Country Tom Humphries made a "pretty honorable" break for a solo victory, but
Spain's 13:17 man and last year's champ Ayad Lamdassem reeled in him with just over 200
meters to go before Mack turned the tables on Lamdassem and got the win in a thrilling race. *MB: Discuss
*Recap Of Whole Meet: Dibaba Over Defar Dibaba over Defar has happened in the past, but this time it was younger sister Genzebe Dibaba who defeated Meseret Defar in the women's 3k. In the women's 6k, Fionnuala Britton won as American Mattie Suver was 3rd. *IAAF Recap
- Irish Top XC Runner Fionnuala Britton Says She Was Embarassed She Fell On Her "Arse" During Bupa Great Edinburgh XC Race Since It Was On Live TV She still managed to win by 16 seconds.
- EA Recap With Team Score Breakdown US senior men won their team race, but in the overall composite (and the women's senior race), the US was last behind Europe and GB.
Good Read: CNN Piece On Tirunesh Dibaba, Who Says Her Main Focus In The Coming Years Will Be On The Marathon "I want to do something special, that is historic and unforgettable. Especially in the Olympic marathon, I want to compete there. I believe that is what is left for me to achieve."
LRC Other End-Of-Year / New Year's Day Action Of Note That No One Wrote An Article About (Kogo, Soi, Lalli, Kipsiro, Etc.)
Random US News: Lauren Fleshman Responds To You
- Lauren Fleshman Responds To LRC MB Posters: "Why I'm No Longer With Nike" Fleshman responds directly to LRC message board posters who came up with "several interesting speculations" as to why and how she left Nike.
- Watch Out, Usain Bolt? Minnesota Vikings Running Back Adrian Peterson Says He Wants To Qualify For The 2016 Olympics In The 200 Or 400 And Thinks He Could Beat Usain Bolt Peterson: "I know a lot of people laugh and be like 'come on, let's be real with yourself.' It's Usain Bolt, but I feel like you can accomplish anything you put your mind to." Well, according to Wikipedia, Peterson ran a wind-aided 10.33 in high school.
- 2011 World HJ Champ Jesse Williams Almost Ended Up Competing For New Zealand Instead Of The United States His parents were NZ-born. Williams said, "I was thinking about competing for New Zealand for a little while. It was in 2005 when I was trying to get the A standard. It was in the back of my head and I said to myself, if I don't get the A standard, maybe I should try and compete for New Zealand. It would be easier making the team."
The Christmas Holiday Wasn't Real Kind To Mo Farah
- Mo Farah Gets Detained By US Customs Officials For Terrorism Questioning, So He Shows Them Gold Medals To No Avail "I couldn't believe it. Because of my Somali origin I get detained every time I come through US Customs. This time I even got my medals out to show who I am, but they wouldn't have it." *MB: Mo Farah - a terrorist?
- Muslim Mo Farah Gets Asked On Radio Twice About His Christmas Celebrations
- MB: Mo Farah only runs 12.9 for 100m time on BBC Superstars Show That's barely 52 seconds for a 400 for a guy who closes races almost that fast.
- Mo Farah Is Disappointed He Didn't Get Knighthood Like Bradley Wiggins If we were the Brits, having learned from the Lance Armstrong case, we wouldn't touch knighthood for any endurance athletes like Wiggins until 10 years after their careers were over.
Ridiculous Claim: 37-Year-Old 2:14 Marathoner Luke Kipkosgei Says He Would Have Won Olympic Gold Had He Not Been Injured Kipkosgei, who did win a world indoor 3k bronze in 2003, is hoping to run the Moscow WCs. Good luck with that.
Stop Complaining: NYC Marathon Announced Cancellation Policy And You Can Get A Refund Get a refund or pay again for next year and run next year (while paying for this year as well).
On The Boards: NYC Marathon Resolution
*WSJ: NYRR Reach Multi-Million Dollar Settlment With Insurance Company After Cancellation Of NYC Marathon
Good Read: Brett Larner Explains "How I Learned To Love The Ekiden And Why You Should Too" "When you put on that soaking wet, stinking piece of cloth and your own sweat mingles with it there is a physical bond formed between your life and theirs, your own years of work becoming part of something bigger, and others are waiting to join you. Giving anything less than your best is not sacrificing your gift, it is sacrificing everybody else's gifts."
Sports Science: Viagra Improves Performance In More Ways Than One
Athletics Illustrated Q&A With Steve Magness Apparently Viagra when combined with high altitude training has the potential to improve athletic performance.
- WSJ Continues Its Campaign To Discourage People From Exercising: Study Says Playing A Round Of Golf Is Just As Beneficial As A 100-Mile Bike Ride For Aiding Longevity We stopped reading after the second paragraph, when we saw the study is based on data taken from Olympian mortality records between 1896 and 1936.
- On The Other Hand ... Study Finds Olympic Medalists Live On Average 2.8 Years Longer Than Average Population This study looked at Olympic athletes between 1896 and 2010.
US News: Adam Nelson On His Way To Becoming An Olympic Champion
- Good News: 4 Throwers From 2004 Athens Olympics Officially Stripped Of Their Medals After Doping Retests *2nd Article
- Which Means ... Q&A With Adam Nelson, Who Stands To Be Upgraded To Gold After Official IOC Announcement Stripping Yuriy Bilonog Of His Medal "To be honest, it feels really strange and it's a weird feeling. I've heard the rumors before and have not given the rumors much credit until an official ruling. Now that it's happened I'm excited. It is all just sinking in. You know, I feel I excited as I did to not lose that event [in 2004]; I was second on a tie-breaker. I feel good that I will always be the person who threw farthest on that day."
Lolo Jones Has Survived Her First Bobsled Crash And she even jokes about it: "God is real. I saw him today and he said come back later."
Track And Field's Male Fans Are Thankful For This
Fit Again & Recovered From Achilles Surgery & Bacterial Infection, Blanka Vlasic Is Ready To Compete Again
The Running Event Is In The Books *Photos
LRC The 2012 Running Event Is In The Books: Five Takeaways On The Industry Shark Tank's Daymond John Speaks The trade show for specialty running shops was last week in Austin, Texas and LRC's Wejo was there plus Ryan Hall,
Meb Keflezighi, and most of Saucony's top athletes. The running industry should be renamed the "how to not get injured" industry. Some take-aways from the convention.
*Press Release: The Running Event 2012 Attracts 2,100 To Austin
More Armstrong Stuff
- Oprah Says She Thinks People Will Forgive Lance Armstrong And He Can Even "Be A Real Hero" Again We sincerely hope not.
- Irish Independent: Pat McQuaid’s Position As Head Of The UCI Increasingly Under The Microscope
- 1960 Olympic Pole Vault Champ Don Bragg Thinks Armstrong Should Be Allowed To Compete Again Before you take him too seriously though, know he also said, "I'm a guy who wants to legalize everything. You get tested by doctors, and if you have any liver or kidney problems, you get shut down for a while."
- UCI Independent Commission Procedural Hearing Also Postponed Due To Snow
Oprah & Lance Part II *Highlights Of Oprah/Lance (Video Or Text Your Choice) *MB: Official Lance/Oprah Thread
- NY Times Day 2 Recap: Amid Tears, Armstrong Leaves Unanswered Questions
- Rojo 6 Thoughts About Part II Of The Lance Armstrong And Oprah Winfrey Interview
- Betsy Andreu Isn't Satisfied: "Would you forgive Bernie Madoff?"
- Recommended Read: Catching Up With Kathy LeMond, Who Says Lance Had Them Followed And Claimed He Could Hack Into Phones And Emails
- George Vecsey: Lance said, "I can get into your emails, I can get into your phones."
Good Sportsman Of The Year: Spanish Runner Ivan Fernandez Anaya Lets Abel Mutai Win After Mutai Accidentally Stops Before The Finish Line Rather than take advantage of Mutai's (the Olympic steeplechase bronze medalist) mistake and take a cheap victory, Anaya let Mutai win since he was clearly well ahead, but just stopped right before the line.
Webb Back In Portland
Confirmed: Alan Webb Has Returned To Portland, Joined Jerry Schumacher's Group And Is Focused On 5/10k Flotrack's Ryan Fenton caught up with the American mile record holder on his 30th B-Day, as a more mature Webb
talked about his recent struggles and the decision to switch to his 4th coach in the last 3.5 years. We give you the highlights as we know most of you don't have 22 minutes to spare. A great read (or watch) depending on how much time you have.
MB: Webb Training in Schumaker's Group, to Focus on 5k/10k in 2013, eventually the Marathon
MB: Happy Belated 30th Bday Alan Webb
The Weekly Review: The Week That Was In Running: January 7 - 13, 2013
LRC Zola Budd & Mary Cain, Rudisha & Farah, Lance & Oprah, And Running Fast But Never Winning This week we try to put Mary Cain's 9:02 in perspective, praise Mark McGwire and rip Lance as we get ready for Oprah, catch up with Mo Farah & David Rudisha hanging out in Kenya, talk about the fastest marathoners that have never won in history and get words of wisdom from Sheila Reid and Ryan Vail and Andrew Wheating. Plus we wonder why more pros don't do X-Country.
Random US News: Bobby Curtis Dropped By Reebok
- Bobby Curtis And Kim Smith Both Dropped By Longtime Sponsor Reebok Curtis has now joined Hason-Brooks and said on twitter, "Finally running clothes that fit properly! (spoiler alert: I'm no longer with Reebok)."
A Great Guest Column
PJ Browne A Woman I Used To Know - Suzy Favor Hamilton Guest columnist PJ Browne reflects on Suzy Favor Hamilton and depression in a Recommended Read. "What I can now say about depression is that the irrational and the bizarre become the norm. There is no blueprint in a hit and miss mixture of drugs, incarceration and therapy. In my case, Zoloft turned me into a daring, brazen individual much to the embarrassment of my family."
Ryan Hall Speaks
LRC Ryan Hall Talks About Cam Levins' 190-Mile Weeks And Is Impressed Hall: "It's working for him. My hat's off to him. He inspires me. That's why I started following him on Twitter. I feel like I'm training hard and I'm not doing nearly that kind of training."
LRC Ryan Hall Talks About His Running Shoes Hall says he has different shoes for every speed he runs and that he has an "unhealthy attachment" to the Asics Gel Hyper Speed.
LetsRun.com's 2012 Year In Review
LRC We Say To You The Visitor, "Thanks A Million" For Making 2012 A Record Year For Us Now that the college football bowl season is over, the year is over in our mind and
it's time to recap the special
year we had in 2012. No matter how you look at it, 2012 was a record year for LetsRun. Unique visitors were up 38.55% and for the first time we surpassed a million unique visitors in a given month. Read the article to find out what our 5 busiest days were, what our 5 least busy days were, our most popular articles, most popular threads and more. Guess what day generated the most page views. Hint: it wasn't even a day during the Olympics or
US Olympic Trials.
The Weekly Recap Of Last Week's Action
LRC Overcoming A Mid-Race Tackle, Runners Are Weird, Ashton Eaton, Jacob Hernandez, Lance Armstrong And The "Future Of Ethiopian Distance Running" This week we start off with three things that should prove to you that runners are officially
eccentric as we try to make a Flotrack video go viral. We then introduce you to "the future of Ethiopian distance running" before introducing you to Edwan Rotich - who got tackled mid-race and still won $25,000 + a car last week. Plus our hatred for Lance Armstrong continues and we wonder if Ashton Eaton would be nothing more than a D3 football star had he stuck with the gridiron. And Jacob Hernandez calls
Clemson's Brianna Rollins Breaks Collegiate 60 Hurdles Record She ran 7.78, which beat Ginnie Powell's 2006 record of 7.84 (Powell is the wife of 2004 Olympic gold medalist Shawn Crawford).
A Former Star Retires
Felix Limo Hangs 'Em Up Limo, who famously ran 41:29 for 15km (4:27 pace) to set the WR and beat Haile G in 2001 and then went on to win the Rotterdam (2004), Berlin (2004), Chicago
(2005) and London (2006) marathons, is calling it quits at 32 due to back problems. His 2:06:14 was the fastest marathon in 2004. He'll now focus on his farms and business interests.
*Interesting: Toni Reavis Remembers Having Dinner With A 20-Year-Old Limo And Limo Telling Him What He'd Do When He Retired "When I retire, I will open Felix Limo's House of Ugali."
2013 Boston - The Americans Will Be There
BAA: Meb, Ryan Hall And Abdi Added To 2013 Boston Field - A Slew Of Americans Will Take On The World At The 2013 Boston Marathon Shalane and Kara were already
announced, so all five of the healthy US Olympians from 2012 will be there. Lots of other Americans will be there as well. The international elite field will be announced mid-Feb.
RRW: The Three 2012 US Men's Olympians - Meb, Ryan Hall And Abdi Abdirahman - Will Race The 2013 Boston Marathon
*MB: Hall, Meb and Abdi to run 2013 Boston Marathon
After Resignation, Bev Kearney Lashes Out, Goes On CNN Seeking Justice & Hints At Lawsuit
Conspiracy Theory Or Crazy Enough To Be True? Bev Kearney's Lawyer Suggests That Her Affair Was Exposed In Order To Block Her Pay Raise "We can't say what evidence there is of that. But we can say it seems remarkable, let's say coincidental, the exact timing this report came out of the blue [was] when the athletic council was recommending that Bev be promoted, and offered a raise."
Texas Coach And USATFCCCA Half Of Famer Bev Kearney Resigns
- University Of Texas Head Women's Track Coach Bev Kearney Resigns After Admitting She Had An Intimate Relationship With A Student-Athlete Back In 2002 "You destroy yourself. You start questioning how could you make such a judgment," she said. "How could you make such an error after all the years? You can get consumed (by it) ... I didn't commit a crime, but I displayed poor judgment."
- AP Article On Bev Kearney's Resignation
LRC Aussie 1,500 Record Holder Ryan Gregson Enters 2013 Having "Never Been This Aerobically Fit Before" The man who ran 3:31-flat two years ago as a 20-year-old is feeling good after a high altitude training stint in Fall Creek.
LRC Predictions For 2013 - Bolt & RudishaAre Done? The Muslim Mo Farah's 1st Xmas, The Case For Aries Merritt For AOY & Paralympic Whining We kick off the New Year by wondering if Aries Merritt should have been Athlete of the Year before wondering if 2013 will be the beginning of the end for both of the men who dominated 2012 - Usain Bolt and David Rudisha. We then dare to tell you that in reality, the Paralympics and wheelchair racing are over-publicized (not under-publicized as many claim) and tell you about the most insensitive interview ever involving Mo Farah. Plus crazy races in Alaska and yet another gratuitous slam of Lance Armstrong.
A Review Of Duncan Larkin's "Run Simple"
LRC Review By A LRCer Of Duncan Larkin's Book, "Run Simple: A Minimalist Approach To Fitness And Well Being" Has running become too complicated and gotten away from it's blue collar roots? Larkin seems to think so and gives advice to try and make things simpler.
Last Week's Weekly Recap
LRC Biomechanics Are The Key? 2012 The Year Of The 800? Mo Farah The GOAT? SFH > Galen Rupp & Leo? Usain Bolt's Love Life, Wisdom From Pfaff & Salazar, And More This week we spend a lot of time wondering, "Was Mo Farah's double win really by far the greatest Olympic distance double" as Alberto Salazar claimed? (No). We also wonder if biomechanics are the key to success in T&F, wonder if this was the greatest year ever in the men's 800, compare the amount of pub generated by Suzy Favor Hamilton as compared to Galen Rupp, give you great coaching insight from Dan Pfaff (and Salazar), tell you how some coaches are never satisfied, and remind you to yawn before your next race. Plus Usain Bolt's ex-girlfriend kisses and tells, and why the best thing about altitude training may have nothing to do with altitude.
Run, Recover, Run More
LRC Runners Recover Better And Hopefully Stay Injury Free With These Two Products From The 2012 Running Event Wejo talks about some of the injury prevention products he saw at the The Running Event, which include better methods for massage, icing, and compression.
Meb And The Mental Side Of Running
LRC Meb Keflezighi Talks About Getting His Start In Running, The Mental/Physical Breakdown Of The Sport Meb: "I really believe during preparation it's 90% physical, 10% mental. When the gun goes off it's 90% mental and 10% being healthy."
Maggie Vessey Tests Positive And Gets A Warning
Maggie Vessey Tests Positive For Diuretic And Accepts Public Warning
The American 800m star was taking a prescription medicine that had a banned substance. She won't have to serve a suspension of any kind.
On The Boards: Maggie Vessey tests positive
The Week That Was In Running: December 10 - December 16, 2012
LRC Jenny Simpson's About Face, Sally Jenkins' Embarrassing Defense Of Lance, Fast Rugby Players, A Mea Culpa And More Not a lot happened last week on the track but there is A TON to talk about. We break down world champion Jenny Simpson's about face and return to Mark Wetmore by comparing her positively to Charles Barkely and Dan Marino, but remind people that a return home didn't resurrect the career of Jeremy Wariner. We absolutely rip Sally Jenkins for defending Lance Armstrong and for using the "rape card" to support her argument as we compare Lance to Bernie Madoff. Along the way, we tell you why legalized PED use = the end of women's sports and introduce you to the fastest rugby player in the world. Plus we fess up to a rare, rare mistake.
TodaysMiles.com Launches On LetsRun.com
Today's Miles Launches The running world has got 3.1*, 13.1 and 26.2 stickers. Todaymiles.com takes that concept to running apparel. Want to celebrate that 26.2 you did? Do it. Want to run 20 minutes and wear a 20 mile shirt? You can do that, too. More info here.
Wetmore-Simpson Round II
LRC Jenny Simpson Coaching Switch Update Former CU Buff Stephen Kasica has some details on Simpson training in Boulder last week. Plus there is a cool multimedia timeline on Simpson's career and some perspective. Simpson won Worlds under Juli Benson, yet never ran within 3.5 seconds of her 1,500m PR. Fascinating.
2012 Foot Locker Boys Photo Gallery (Updated)
2012 Foot Locker Legends Pre-Race Photo Gallery
IAAF Gala Photos: The Stars Of Track And Field Are Beautiful People
NCAA Cross Photo Galleries (Captions Now Added)
Beautiful People: NCAA Banquet Photos (Click On Photo)
Back To Top18-Yr Old Ethiopian Muktar Edris Gets The Win Over A Deep Field In Campaccio XC Race As Kim Conley Gets 4th For The Women He beat out John Kipkoech (12:49 5000) and sub-27 man Geoffrey Kirui by less than a second
as Moses Kipsiro was 4th, Leonard Komon 8th, Euro XC Champ Andrea Lalli 9th and Scott Bauhs 10th. Debele Degefa won the women's race in a
close sprint with Afera Godfay as Conley was 4th and two-time World steeplechase bronze medallist Milcah Chemos 6th.