Early October Road Action
- Sunday: Geoffrey Mutai Headlines BMW Berlin Marathon *MB: Mutai WR attempt?
- Oct. 6th: AJ Acosta, Peter van der Westhuizen, Ben Bruce & Christian Hesch Highlight Field For Inaugural Solvang Mile
- Oct. 14th: 2:06:18 Kenyan Gilbert Yegon Looking To Hit A Big Payday At The Toronto Waterfront Marathon By Breaking The 2:07 CR And 2:06 He'll get $20k for winning and a $25k bonus for breaking the CR which is bumped to $50k if he goes sub-2:06.
The NYC Marathon Return to Live Television
ESPN Going All Out on Coverage of ING NYC Marathon It's a fact sporting events of signifance are shown on live national tv (or tape delay prime time in case of the Olympics). The ING NYC Marathon is back on ESPN2 this year and ESPN2 is going all out on its coverage announcing today that Sports Center anchors John Anderson and Hannah Storm will lead the broadcast. With the way ESPN works this also means you'll likely see some pre-race and post-race coverage. Tim Hutchings and others on the broadcast as well. Unfortunately no Toni Reavis.
NCAA News: Save Richmond Track *Petition
- Video: University Of Richmond AD Unable Or Unwilling To Articulate Why The Track Teams Are Being Cut He basically comes out and says it wasn't a budget issue and it wasn't a Title IX issue.
*Sign Petition To Save Richmond Track
- D1 National Rankings: Washington Women, Wisconsin Men Still On Top
*DII Rankings *DIII
US Marathon News
- 2:13 Man And Former World XC/Marathon Team Member Matt Gabrielson Decides To Retire He just finished a late night run in August at his front porch where his wife and baby daughter were waiting for him and said, "I have this feeling I don't want to do this anymore."
- RW Q&A With Master Runner Pete Magill Who Has Delayed His Marathon Debut After Losing Training Time Trying To Become The First 50+ Guy Sub-15 For 5k "I don’t run races just to run them. I run them to do well. ... just finishing a marathon is meaningless to me. Heck, I ran 19 miles for my run Sunday, and I could have easily added 7 miles and called it a marathon. Whoopee."
- US Trials 13th Placer Patrick Rizzo: "The Best Way To Get Better At Running Is Running" *2nd Interview talking about racing Chicago
- Are You A Heel Striker? You're Not Alone: Study Found That 93.7 Percent Of Marathoners Heel Strike The study only looked at data from one marathon, but found at mile 5 93.7 were heel striking, but by mile 19 it'd gone up to 96%.
US Distance News
No Excuses: Ritz Says He's Ready For Chicago Ritz's PR is only 2:09:46.
Webb Confirms He's Moving Back To Portland - Says He Hasn't Picked A Coach Yet
Olympians Abdi, Kara, Bawcom And Culley All Running US 10 Miler Next Weekend
Garry Hill: Death To Rabbits - Track & Field News Editor Would Rather See A Slow 1,500 Than A Rabbited One And We Agree
Random But True
- It's Not April Fools: E. coli Outbreak Results In Cancellation Of National Road Relays In England
- We Wish This Was April Fools: South Korean Boccia Player With Cerebal Palsy Says Coach Beat Him With Light Stand And Stole 1 Million From Him At Paralympics
- Going To Spain In Oct./Nov.? Go To The Greatest-Ever Collection Of Athletics Memorabilia - IAAF Centenary Historic Exhibition *2nd Article On Exhibit
- Fukushima Prefecture Considering Bidding For 2014 National Track & Field Champs In Japan
- Nike Sues Adidas & Gets Injunction Halting Sales - Says adidas Is Copying Its Flyknit Upper
Olympic 400m Hurdles Gold Medallist Natalya Antyukh Wants The World Record Next Year "I've already won everything,"
A Slow News Day - News From The UK
- Apparently A Community College Isn't The Same In The UK As It Is In The US, As These Kids Are Little Mo Farah Visits His Old Community College
- Adam Gemili: "I never expected to run that quickly." He only quit playing soccer in January. Now he's run 10.05.
- Scottish Hammer Thrower Almost Quit After Getting Olympic Snub To Focus On Rugby
Incredible: 6 Days After Running A 2:11 Marathon, Yuki Kawauchi Runs 6-Second 1,500 PR And Then Comes Back Next Day And PRs At 5,000 Oh yeah, and he ran another marathon 3 weeks before the 2:11. Next goal? He wants to run the 1,500 at the Japanese champs.
Incredible II: Jason McElwain, The Autistic HSer Who Scored 20 Points In 4 Minutes In His Only B-Ball Game And Got LRC QOD Status Back In 2006, Runs 3:01 Marathon And Qualifies For Boston
Hard To Believe: Jordan Hasay Is A Senior & She Really Wants To Have Outdoor Track Success In Her Final Year Galen Rupp had zero NCAA titles prior to his senior year and he won six. Hasay has two indoors and is due for a cross title after finishing third in 2010 and second last year. Will she become a collegiate legend this year?
- Cyclist David Millar Confronts UCI Head At Press Conference When He Says UCI Has Nothing To Be Sorry For "The UCI don't seem to accept any responsibility for the last 15 years," said Millar after his showdown with McQuaid. "We need them to show leadership and acceptance for us to move forward." ... "If it is apparent there was a black period, I think it's time for the UCI to say, 'Maybe we didn't do everything we could have done, and we're sorry for that.' Now they're just saying, 'Oh, we did everything we could, we have no regrets.'"
- We 100% Agree: David Millar: Lance Armstrong Affair The "Best Thing To Happen" To Modern Day Cycling
- Millar Not For Granting Amnesty
- Owners Of Tour de France To Purchase Competitor Group & Rock 'N' Roll Series Of Races
The World's Track And Field Athletes Unite
- Usain Bolt Joins Movement In Opposition To Rule 40
- Track & Field Athletes From US And Abroad Unionizing To Fight Rule 40 And Other Rules That Hurt Athlete Opportunities Khadevis Robinson: "We're really just trying to move the sport forward in a professional way. That's all we're trying to do and our hopes are that the USOC and IOC don't see it as something negative because we don't. But it's time, it really is."
- Track & Field Athletes Association (TFAA) Goes Global, Now Including Athletes From Around The World Usain Bolt, Yohan Blake, David Rudisha, Imane Merga, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce and Felix Sanchez are just some of the athletes who have joined.
NCAA XC Is Here *All Weekend Results
Lou Onesty Men: OU Beats Arkansas, Virginia, Michigan, Duke
Toledo Inter-Regional Women: Butler Wins
LRC Preseason Polls: Wisconsin Men, Oregon* Women #1 Mick Byrne's Wisconsin men will be going for their second straight NCAA title and are a strong #1. The Oregon women didn't get the most number of first place votes, but their name recognition made them #1 on the women's side. Got a problem with that? Vote in the next set of polls.
News On The Roads
- Wesley Korir's Professional Life As A Marathoner First Started At The 2008 Chicago Marathon Chicago race director Carey Pinkowski: "Five years ago I won't let him run with the elite runners, and now I am picking him up at the airport."
- IAAF Thinking Abolishing The World Half Marathon Championships And Putting Them At The Same Time As The Track World Champs The half would take place on "the same day as the marathon to minimize road closures" ... aka save money.
- Want To Run An Overnight Relay With Nick Symmonds? Ragnar Relay Series Launches Contest To Have Symmonds Run On Your Relay Team In The Las Vegas Race It's a 200-mile 12-man relay race over two days in November. Best video wins Symmonds as their teammate.
- For Midwest Marathon Race Directors, Train Track Crossings Can Be A Major Issue An Illinois/Iowa race would have been interupted in the 23rd mile if the race director didn't park his pickup truck on the train tracks and play chicken the freight train ... which eventually stopped.
- Toronto Waterfront Marathon On October 14th Will Be A Kenyan-Ethiopian Showdown Between Agnes Kiprop (2:23:54) & Netsanet Achamo (2:24:12) IAAF Both will compete for the 2:22:43 CR and the $25,000 prize that comes along with it.
- Not Very Funny: Vandals Move Course Markers And Add 3 Miles To Trail Marathon In Montana
- Stephen Mokoka (60:57) And Rene Kalmer To Lead SA Team For Half Marathon World Championships
- Top Russian Says She Will Retire From Walking Before Rio 2016 At that point she will have to run, skip, or crawl everywhere she goes.
- Article/Picture Of 13-Year-Old Who Ran 33:50 For 10k *MB: 13yr old runs 33:50 for 10k
EatRunSwag: Running In Groups With iPods? Stop The Madness "It's like going to the movies with somebody and bringing your laptop so you can watch a different movie on it."
You Begged For It, And We Give It To You
LRC The Week That Was Is Back After an Olympic-sized vacation, our beloved weekly recap is back. We start by taking a look back at the Olympics and comment on how it was surprising the US men outperformed the US women, how it was surprising so many gold medallists were asked drug-related questions, and talk about finding the right running/life balance. Along the way we talk about Nick Willis, Lisa Uhl, Lukas Verzbicas and Christophe Lemaitre.
One We Missed: Yuki Kawauchi Ran 2:11:52 To Win The Sydney Marathon And Break The CR By Almost 3 Minutes This was just three weeks after winning the hot and humid Hokkaido Marathon in 2:18:38.
Random But Interesting
- Pretty Funny: Chris Derrick And Kyle Merber Sit Around And Talk About How They Met, And Craig Mottram's Balls
- Weird: Spooky New Pics Show Group Of Schoolgirls Pulling Mo Farah And Usain Bolt Poses 70 Years Ago
- 15:04 Guy Sets WR 5k For Running In A Bear Costume: Matt Blume Ran 18:25 In Race That Awards Everyone Who "Beats The Bear" With A Free Pair Of Shoes After hearing horror stories of past bears passing out mid-race from heatstroke, he remembers thinking, "Great. I'm going to die on a street corner dressed as a bear."
- Steve Gathje Has A 40-Year Streak Of Running At Least A Mile A Day "My wife's water broke at 6 in the morning and we got up and got dressed, but she (Laurie) actually said, 'maybe you should go out and run before we go to the hospital.'''
- 86-Year-Old Woman Is Set To Complete Syracuse 5k Road Race For 20th Consecutive Year It's the USA Masters 5 km Championship and she's the only one over 85, so if she finishes, she automatically wins her age group.
- Gallery: List Of The Best, Worst And Downright Absurd Sporting Mascots 2012's Wenlock and Mandeville make the list, but definitely not for being one of the "best."
- Watch Out, Jamaica: Safaricom Company Is Committed To Helping Fund Kenyan Sprinters David Rudisha is a big proponent of this as he started his career as a 200/400 runner, but moved up to the 800 because he was "discouraged by so many people about the fate of sprinters in Kenya."
- Kenya's Paralympics 1,500m (T46) WR Holder Abraham Tarbei Wants To Compete Alongside Able-Bodied Athletes In The Steeplechase T46 is for athletes with both legs, but are missing an upper limb.
- The Chandaria-Rudisha Running Track To Be Build In Area In Kenya Of David Rudisha's Choosing
- Coach Glen Mills Already Looking To The Future Beyond Bolt & Blake The two superstars won't be around forever and Mills is already looking at developing the youngsters who might be able to replace them.
- Yohan Blake Admits To Being Extremely Nervous At The Olympics "I was really nervous. If you touch me I would have fallen. That’s how nervous I was but I covered it up pretty well."
Another Scientific Study That States What We Already Knew: Study Shows 10% Mileage Rule Is Too Conservative We always knew it shouldn't take 17 weeks to go from 20 to 100.
News From Down Under
*Valerie Adams Gets Her Gold Medal
*Valerie Adams: "I do this for you."
*Adams Will Compete On Home Soil Next Year
*Sally Pearson Is 3rd Most Admired Olympian In Australian History - Might Be Worth $2 Million Per Year "If Sally plays her cards right she will be a household name right into her 70s."
Ethiopia's Mamitu Daska Will Return To Frankfurt Next Month To Defend Her Title And Try To Break 2:20 She set the course record last year at 2:21:59 and will face Bezunesh Bekele.
- From Japan: Toyo University In Training Camp Getting Ready For Japanese Ekiden Season
- Oregon St. Still Needs To Raise $9 Million For Track Program $4 million to finish the stadium and $5 million to endow the team.
ING NYC Marathon Fields
LRC Olympic Champion Tiki Gelana To Face Edna Kiplagat, Sharon Cherop; Mary Keitany Out With Injury Tiki Gelana is hottest marathoner on the planet and she'll be on the streets
of New York in November trying to prevent Sharon Cherop or Edna Kiplagat from winning the $500,000 World Marathon Majors prize. On the men's side, London champ and Olympic bronze medallist Wilson Kipsang will face Moses Mosop.
LRC Wilson Kipsang Vs. Moses Mosop (And Meb) Wilson Kipsang did not win the Olympics (bronze after a crazy early surge) but he may be the best marathoner on the planet. He'll have his hands full with 2:03 guy Moses Mosop in New York. Course record holder and defending NYC champ Geoffrey Mutai will be in Berlin (see below).
US Action: US 5k Champs RnR Philly Half *RnR Philly Live Results (Full Results Here) *US 5k Champs *Philly Photos *CVS Photos
Philly Half: Stanley Biwott Wins, Ritz Takes 3rd In 1:00:56, Wants To Run 2:06 In Chicago Biwott is a 2:05 guy who won in Paris. On the women's side, Sharon Cherop ran the second fastest time on US soil to win in 1:07:21.
Next up for both winners: 2012 ING NYC Marathon.
*Philly Inquirer Recap Of Rock N Roll Philly
*Video Interview Of Ritz
CVS 5k: Ben True Outleans Andrew Bumbalough, Molly Huddle Over Neely Spence At US 5k Championships The mens race was close with only 2 seconds separating the top 3 as Andrew Bumbalough and Robert Cheseret went 2-3. Neely Spence was second woman in 15:34.
On The Boards: Alan Webb - 14:14, 12th place at CVS
Cow Harbor 10k: Mo Trafeh Beats Sean Quigley At Cow Harbor Run, Alisha Williams Defeats Stephanie Rothstein
Ultra: Karl Meltzer Wins Rabbit Run 100-Mile Ultra And $10,000 *Results
- Chicago Tribune Piece With A Ton More Info And Insight Into Lukas Verzbicas' Bike Accident And Rehab/Recovery Process His stepfather, who is also his coach, seems critical of Verzbicas overdoing things in practice and said, "I think God just said, 'Slow down.'"
- USATF Profiles 400 Runner Manteo Mitchell; The Guy Who Ran On A Broken Leg In The Prelims Of The 4 X 4 In a lot of ways Mitchell is better off for having broken the leg as he's a media star instead of a no-name.
- In Austin, Texas? Jog-A-Dog: Austin Club Starts Run-With-Shelter-Dog Program The dogs benefit from the exercise and runners who participate enough eventually earn a $25 gift certificate to the local running store. Win-win.
LRC Does Politics
LRC Meet The Man Who
Changed American Politics Started The Paul Ryan Marathon Controversy LRC Poster and 2:29 marathoner Bill Walker started the thread that made Paul Ryan's marathon time a matter of national discussion. Until now, Mr. Walker has received no
credit for his contribution to the American political landscape. Meet the man behind it all. Plus learn who he's voting for.
Brussels: The Last Diamond League Meet Of The Year Was Friday *Results *LRC Photos
LRC Aries Merritt Runs 12.80 To Destroy World Record Prior to Friday, the world record had come down .06 seconds in 21 years. On Friday, Aries Merritt lowered it .07 seconds. We look at the race and his amazing year. Video and post-race press conference.
Merritt: "This answers all the people who said I should pack it in and get a real job."
*Recommended Read: Phil Hersh Looks At Aries Merritt's Special Year Merritt: "This is a dream season for me, a dream season for anyone. I don't think anyone has ever done what I have done this year. Ever." We agree. From 13.09 to 12.80 in a single year. Well Done.
*Aries Merritt World Record Press Conference Highlights
*Aries Merritt World Record National Media Teleconference Excerpts
Thursday: The Track Season Is Winding Down, But We Hope You Saved Something For Zürich *Results *Yahoo Photos
2012 Weltklasse Recap: Rudisha Loses, Bolt And Blake Win, Drama In Women's Steeple, And Americans Fizzle In 5,000m It's the best one-day track meet in the world for a reason - it gets the stars. This year was no different and there were a few shockers. In the men's 5,000, Bernard Lagat broke 13:00 for the first time this year but his AR survived as Galen Rupp finished ninth in 13:09.
LRC David Rudisha Gets Beaten Mohammed Aman ruined David Rudisha's perfect season for the second straight year.
*Other Recaps: *IAAF *Athletics Weekly *Reuters Recap
*Rudisha Is Lucky The Weather Was Great For The Olympics: "I never feel good when the track is wet and it is raining." www.independent.co.uk
800 Video (US Visitors)
*US Men With Gay & Bailey Beat Jamaican "B" Team In 4 X 100
*Grabarz Wins The Diamond League HJ Title & Now Wants To Buy A Porsche A Year After Losing Lottery Funding
Pleads Guilty Gives Up
USADA To Ban Lance Armstrong For Life And Strip Him Of All 7 Tour de France Titles USADA chief exec Travis Tygart: "It is a sad day for all of us who love sport and athletes. It's a heartbreaking example of win at all costs overtaking the fair and safe option. There's no success in cheating to win." *ESPN
*MB: BREAKING Report: Lance Abandoning Fight vs Doping Charges, TDF Titles Gone
*Lance Armstrong's Full Statement On USADA Refers to USADA's investigation as an "unconstitutional witch hunt."
Getting High Praise In The Email Inbox:
Mediocre Great Britain: You Lived Up To Your Name "For a country where pessimism is now part of the national consciousness, the Olympics were a resounding success. Not okay, not pretty good, but truly Great ..."
*IAAF's 12 Highlights Of London 2012
*London Athletes Face Post-Olympic Blues It now even has an official name: Post-Olympic Stress Disorder, or POSD.
LRC The Incredible Meb Keflezighi Reacts On Just Missing A Medal, Ryan Hall & Abdi Talk About Dropping Out Post-race reaction from the Americans and the medallists. Meb used the fact he was slighted and not introduced to the worldwide audience at the start, even though he was the only Olympic medallist in the field, to fuel him. Ryan Hall reacts to his first
non-top-10 result and Wilson Kipsang says he has no regrets about the 14:11 3rd 5k.
Olympic Marathon: LRC The Unheralded Stephen Kiprotich Of Uganda Stuns The Field And Wins The 2012 Olympic Men's Marathon Uganda's only Olympic medal of the 2012 Games has a great color to it and it came in a historic event, as after getting dropped at the 35km mark (21.7 m), Kiprotich stormed back to the lead at the 23-mile mark and stunned the world and Kenyans Wilson Kipsang and Abel Kirui as the US's Meb Keflezighi was a surprise 4th. Kipsang tried to do his best Sammy Wanjiru impersonation with a crazy 14:11 5k early in the race, but that 5km segment at 1:59 marathon pace may have done him in later.
*USA Today: Kiprotich: "Now, I am known and I am happy that I am known."
*RRW Recap *AP Recap
LRC Mo Farah Completes The Double As The British Fans Go Wild The British fans got what they wanted on the final day of Olympic track competition (marathon tomorrow is on the roads and doesn't end in the stadium) as Farah won a tactical 5,000. Bernard Lagat came up just short in his quest for his first Olympic medal for the US as he was 4th, Rupp 7th and Lomong 10th.
*Picture: Mo Farah And Usain Bolt Swap Victory Poses
*Mo Farah Says He Wants To Move To The Marathon Eventually, But Not Yet
*MB: Official men's 5000m thread *That was the worst 5000m final in an Olympics ever
W 1,500: LRC Disaster Strikes Twice As Morgan Uceny Gets Tripped Again And A Former Doper Wins Gold Disaster struck twice in the 1,500 final. First at the bell when, unbelievably, Morgan Uceny was sent sprawling for the second straight year. It struck again a lap later when a former doper won gold and her compatriot, who has gone from 4:18 to 4:01 this year, nabbed silver.
*Pat Forde: "Saddest sight of the Games"
*Woods: "Half a lifetime of preparation, of dreaming, shattered in an instant."
*Battaglia: Uceny's medal hopes fall - again
*MB: *I am crying for Morgan Uceny *Uceny goes down! *US should protest - Let's re-run the 1,500
*UK 1,500 Runner Lisa Dobriskey Voices Concerns Over Turkey's Asli Çakir Alptekin Being Clean Dobriskey said: "I'll probably get into trouble for saying this, but I don't believe I'm competing on a level playing field.
Bolt Wins 200 To Become A "Legend" Bolt became the first man to win the 100 and 200 at back-to-back Olympics and become a legend in his own words. We thought he was already a legend. After leading the Jamaica 1-2-3 sweep, Bolt trashed Carl Lewis, saying he has "no respect for him" as a result of Carl's thinly-veiled drug allegations at Bolt.
More Bolt-Lewis: *Bolt Rips Lewis
Ashton Eaton, Trey Hardee Go 1-2 In Decathlon Hardee: "It's safe to say my reign is over. I still think my best decathlon is ahead of me, but Ashton's are too."
*Ashton Eaton: "20 years on you will have people saying 'I was sitting on my couch, watching Hardee and Eaton win.'"
*USATF Release On 1-2 Finishes In Decathlon And TJ Includes athlete quotes.
Allyson Felix Wins 200 Gold As USA Crushes It With 7 Medals & 3 Golds Brittney Reese also won gold as did Aries Merritt.
The meet was "was
slipping away" from the US when everything got turned around with a ton of medals. Lashinda Demus had to settle for silver despite running 52.77. *USATF
Release On Historic Day
*Layden: Allyson Felix finally strikes gold on banner night for US track and field
*After Coming Up Short 4 Years Ago, Allyson Felix And Brittney Reese Come Through For Gold In 200 And LJ In 2012
110H: Aries Merritt Is On Fire - PRs At 12.92 As US Goes 1-2 Jason Richardson was a little disappointed he got silver.
Epstein: Merritt quest perfectionism pays off with gold medal in 110m hurdles
Reuters: After showing great promises as jr. world champ, Merritt arrives on center stage
A Great Read: LRC Men's 1,500m Reaction, Leo Manzano Talks About His Medal, Matt Centrowitz His Near Miss, Makhloufi, Kiprop, Willis, More LRC gives you all the athlete reaction from the crazy men's 1,500m, which saw Leo Manzano take home the first US Olympic 1,500m medal since 1968. Leo says he felt awful but his prayer was answered; Centrowitz says he was running for gold and wouldn't change a thing; Asbel Kiprop praises Leo; Nick Willlis is amazed by Makhloufi's recovery but embarrassed by his own showing. What happened to the Kenyans? What about Nick Willis? What about Makhloufi's injury? *LRC Leo Photo Gallery
Race Recap: LRC 1,500 Final: Taoufik Makhloufi Dominates As Leo Manzano Surprises With Silver (updated) Makhloufi's last 300 was just way better than everyone else's, as anyone that tried to go with him paid a big price. Leo Manzano had the next-best last lap as he went from 10th to 2nd as Matt Centrowitz just missed a medal by .04. *IAAF Recap
- Athletics Kenya Confirms Allegations Made By German Journalist That Kenyan Doctors Have Been Doping Some Kenyan Runners
*MB: Doping widespread in Kenya? Fresh allegations by German journalist
- Unacceptable: Some Olympic Athletes Missed Their Appointments For Drug Testing In London Without Facing Any Consequences Doping expert Professor Carsten Lundby is quoted as saying that the athlete biological pasport's "ability to reveal EPO doping is virtually zero".
- Edwin Moses Voted Chair Of USADA Board Of Directors
LRC Non-Running Running Photo of the Week
LRC LetsRun License Plate Spotted in Texas: What Does it Mean? A car (Porsche?) in Texas has been spotted with a 26.2 sticker and a LTS RUN license plate. We assume the owner has run a marathon, but more importantly do they come to LetsRun.com? Of course they should, but we want your help in unraveling this mystery.
News From Down Under
- Usain Bolt Takes A Holiday In Sydney, Australia And Uses Quick Manuevers And Tactics To Avoid The Paparazzi
- Athletics Australia Investigating Complaint Made By 400 Runner John Steffensen That Racism Caused Him To Be Overlooked For An Individual Olympic Spot
*Using The "Straddle Technique", 56 Year Old Willie Banks Sets Record For Oldest American To Clear 6 Feet In The HJ When the former TJ WR holder was asked if he trained for this he said, "I haven't been jumping, but I've been losing weight for this."
*Sanya Richards-Ross Has Toe Surgery To Alleviate Pain That Has Been Bothering Her For Years sports.espn.go.com
*AK Chairman Isaiah Kiplagat Pleads With Government To Not Tax Kenyan Athletes For Their Prize Money Winnings
*National Olympic Committe Of Kenya Assistant Secretary Stephen Arap Soi Suspended For Possible Misappropriation Of Funds
News From Kenya
- Women In Ezekiel Kemboi Case Ask Prosecutor To Make Charges More Serious "We want the charges reviewed towards enhancing the gravity of the offence to include sexual assault and grievous harm that are not currently reflected."
- Kemboi's Court Case Is Delayed 1 Month So Prosecutor Can Decide What He Wants To Do
- 2003 World 5,000 Champ Eliud Kipchoge Named To Kenya's World Half Team As A Replacement Kipchoge, who ran a ridiculous 59:25 in his half marathon debut earlier this month, will replace Philly half winner Stanley Biwott.
- Kipchoge Is Humbled By His Inclusion In Kenya's World Half Marathon (WHM) Team
- Kenyans Are Worried World Half Championship May Get Cancelled In Future Years
- Athletics Kenya Raising Road Race Registration Fees And Making Doping Control Mandatory
- A Must Read USADA Head Travis Tygart Talks To L'Equipe About Lance Armstrong Case - Says Report To UCI Is Imminent & It Will Be Devastating To Armstrong "Yes, absolutely. It's major proof, confirmation of his guilt," says Tygart, who revealed he's received 3 death threats.
- We 100% Agree WADA Urges IOC To Not Do More Tests But Do "More Intelligent Testing" They need to target tests on people suspected of doping and those coming from countries with "less robust anti-doping programs."
- We Love The Headline: Lance Armstrong Looks Even More Screwed This Morning Tyler Hamilton is telling all and a newspaper points out that Lance climbed a ridiculous 1:30 faster than Miguel Indurain. *Guardian Article
- If You Think Doping In Track Is Bad, Then Read This, As It's Way Worse In Cycling And The UCI Head Is Suing People Who Say As Much
- 2nd Good Cycling Doping Article
Jenn Suhr Victory Tour: Jenn Suhr Vaults World-Leading 4.83 At Street Meet In Upstate New York She's on an Olympic victory tour vaulting in New York and her final stop will be at the Bills Game on Sunday. More info on her tour here.
Recommended Read After 27 Years At Minnesota, Women's Coach Gary Wilson Is Calling It A Career After This Year "(The coaching) game, when he retires, is going to lose a real legend, a
real giant." Wilson is beloved by many and is a class act. He let the equipment manager who was dying of cancer live in his house and started a
scholarship in his honor.
*Updated D1 Regional XC Rankings
*Former Texas A&M Star And 10.06 Man Gerald Phiri May Be Zambia's Athlete Of Year
Centro Jr. Was Very Impressed By Taoufik Makhloufi's Gold Medal Burst "It's ridiculous how impressive he was, how big of a gap he had."
*UH-OH: Salazar Wants To Change Centro Jr.'s Training And Have Him Work On His Speed Salazar gets the benefit of the doubt, but why mess with Centro? He's so, so good.
From Over The Weekend: Reid Coolsaet (30:25) And Meghan Brown (33:24) Win Canadian 10k Road Titles
10 Miles In 44:48 & He's Not Happy
Leonard Komon Wins Dam To Dam 10-Miler In 44:48 As Sylvia Kibet Wins Women's Title In 51:42 Komon was upset that he didn't get the world's best time as he was 26 seconds short of the record.
*Komon Post-Race Press Conference
*Article Translated From Dutch
2:10:37 is New Danish All-Comers Marathon Record Thanks To Kenya's Luka Chelimo
1993 And 1994 World Jr. XC Champ Philip Mosima Still Competing - Wins XC Meet In Kenya
- Glen Mills Gives A Rare Interview & Gives Thanks To Univ. Of West Indies And adidas He's most proud of the 200-meter sweep he coached in London.
- HSer Jazeel Murphy Skips Final Year Of HS To Go Pro Early - Joins Glen Mills Group
The Fifth Avenue Mile *Results *Video Highlights
Centro And Brenda Martinez Win 5th Avenue Miles (Recap - Link Fixed) Centro and Brenda Martinez ran well to start the year and ran well to end it as they both won in NYC. Bernard Lagat and Leo Manzano
were second and third.
*Results *Video Highlights Also embedded on right.
On The Boards: Centro runs 3:52 to win the NEW YORK MILE
- RW Brief Chat With Jenny Simpson On Her Season And Her Thoughts Going Into The Fifth Ave Mile
- Heather Kampf And Craig Miller Talk About The Differences In Strategy Between Road And Track Miles
- RR: WSJ: Bernard Lagat Says He's Not Afraid Of Getting Out Of Shape And Will Take 5 Weeks Off & Gain 8 Pounds After This Weekend's 5th Avenue Mile Lagat says many other runners are obsessive about not taking time off because of "the fear of how they're going to feel on that first day back." *MB Thread
- Good Read: Lagat: Retirement "Scares" Him, But He's Planning For It, Saying He Wants To Redeem Himself At 2013 Worlds And Move To The Road In 2014 "I remember a Kenyan runner who was well respected running late into his 40s and he stopped being successful. People would talk about why was he still doing this and why didn't he get out sooner, and I didn't like that. I don't want to be that guy. I am afraid of how people will remember me."
- GR#2: Matt Centrowitz Talks About Being Upset Over His Olympic 1,500 And Seeing Fellow 4th Placer Lolo Jones In Drug Testing Afterwards "I saw Lolo back there and I know we were probably feeling the same thing. There really isn't much to say in that kind of situation. No one wants to hear one of those things like, 'Hey, you were so close,' or, 'Hey, you did a good job.'"
- GR#3: Hannah England And Jenny Simpson Hoping To End Their Seasons On A High Note After Disappointing Olympics For England, the biggest challenge aside from healing physically has been coming to grips with having an opportunity lost through no fault of her own.
- Manzano Says Schedule Has Been Very Hectic Since Coming Back From Europe
*Home Town Festivities To Honor Leo Manzano
- Also This Weekend: Max King Chasing Fifth Consecutive XTERRA National Championship On Sunday After he tries to defend his US 50K Trail Championship on Saturday.
- Interview With Max King Talking About How He Manages To Be Able To Race Well At Such A Large Range Of Distances "It's tough, but these special skill sets take years to develop, but once they are there developed they come back pretty quickly after a few specific workouts. Seems like it's just like riding a bike."
- Two-Time Race Champion Marilson Gomes dos Santos And 3-Time Olympian Kayoko Fukush Added To Already Stacked NYC Marathon Fields
- "The Trailer" Podcast Featuring Guest Co-Host Andrew Calrson, Who Ran 2:11:24 In His Marathon Debut For 6th At The Trials & Is Racing NYC Carlson talks about working at a running shop, Lisa Uhl, World XC and NYC.
- Celebrity Field For NYC Marathon Released
- Several Employees Of Rio de Janeiro's 2016 Committee Caught Stealing Files From British Organizers During London Games According to one reporter, 9 Rio employees have been fired for taking files on "strategic planning and security" ... which would have been provided to them anyway had they asked.
- Olympic Steeplechase Bronze Medallist Abel Mutai Says He Wants To Win The Gold In Rio Even though he doesn't actually believe Ezekiel Kemboi (who has said he will only race on the roads now) is really done with track.
- London 2012 Olympic Games To Only Break Even This is bad news for the BOA who could have used the cash and Madrid who are bidding for the 2020 Games to try and make money.
- USOC Trying To Build Consensus For A 2024 Or 2026 Olympic Bid
- British Olympic Association In Turmoil Over Election As Seb Coe Competes For Top Job
- Existence Of The Shanghai Marathon In Jeopardy Due To Political Crisis Between China And Japan Over Uninhabited Group Of Islands
- UCI President And His Predecessor Hein Verbruggen Pursuing Legal Action Against Irish Journalist Who First Exposed How Widespread Doping Is In Cycling
- Japanese Federation Critical Of Olympic Track Perfromances And Say Athletes Aren't Running Enough Mileage
#1 Wisconsin's Star Mohammed Ahmed May Redshirt The 10k Olympian also says he might have been in 27-flat shape at the Olympics, where he ran 28:13.
David Rudisha In The News
- Wilson Kipketer: A 1:38 800 Is Possible Within 4 Years
- Rudisha Downplays Loss To Aman - Blames Weather
- Rudisha: The 800 Final Was Special For Everyone - Not Just Me "I don't think something like that is going to happen soon, I can guarantee that. Everybody in that race was fit on that day and it is very difficult to get everyone in that form."
- LetsRunners Can Always Dream: David Rudisha: "The 1,500m remains a possibility in future."
- David Rudisha Will Be Global Ambassador At $210,000 Delhi Half Marathon On Sept 30th
Some Good Marathon Articles: Ritz Going For Place, Not Time, In Chicago
- Alberto Salazar Says Dathan Ritzenhein's Quote Was Taken Out Of Context When He Said He Wanted To Run 2:06 In Chicago Salazar: "They took out the second half of his quote. He said he'd love to run 2:06, but what he wanted to do in Chicago is be competitive." He also says that to stay healthy, Ritz now runs a max of 110 miles/week.
- Running Times: 12 Marathons And 12 PRs For Former D2 Runner Jeannette Faber She started with 3:28 in 2004 and has cut 52 minutes to run 2:36:50 for 21st place at the Olympic Trials.
- Paul Ryan Episode Explained: NY Times' Gina Kolata Looks At Why Some Lie About Their Times, And Why We Get Pissed At Them When They Do Kolata: "Most people who are not runners do not know the difference between one pace and another - and don't care. The last thing they want to hear is a rehashing of your race. But runners care almost too much, eviscerating those who dissemble."
- Ed Whitlock Runs 80+ Half Marathon World Record Of 1:38:59 That's 7:33 mile pace despite only resuming training recently due to an injury (his 80+ marathon WR is 3:15:54 [7:28 pace]).
- USADA Behind In Their Paperwork: Despite Announcing Their Lifetime Ban On Lance Armstrong A Month Ago, They've Yet To Send Out The Official Documents They say they "will be sending a reasoned decision to WADA, UCI and WTC (World Triathlon Corporation) ... in the coming weeks."
- A Detail To Note: Chicago Had No Choice But To Not Let Armstrong Run; They Had To In Order To Be Sanctioned By USATF The article explains what USATF sanctioning gets you.
Top US Women In The News
- Kara Goucher Blogs About What's Next She's doing Boston in April, but taking the fall to drop the mileage (from 120s to 90s) and focus on her "neglected" speed.
- Allyson Felix Named USOC Sportswoman Of The Year Michael Phelps was chosen SportsMan of the Year.
- Dawn Harper Serves As "Honorary Team Captain" For Coin Toss At Rams-Redskins Game On taking a break, she said, "I'm on break now, and I'm kicking back. I told myself, 'I am not running anywhere. I'm not running across the street. I'm not jogging anywhere. I'm on break.'"
- Mary Wittenberg Talks To RW On Baggage Issues, Galen Rupp, Lance Armstrong, And Many Other Things "If Lance were to call me and ask for an entry, I would have to check with USADA, USATF, and IAAF, but it seems very likely the answer would be no, and we would follow that."
- Good RW Interview With Renee Metivier Baillie, Who Won The US 20k Champs At New Haven And Will Make Her Marathon Debut At Chicago "I have a degree in mathematics. I could be making more money doing something else, but this is what I love. And I'm happier doing this. Even struggling through the years of injuries, I'm still happy. Because I love it. And I don't want to give up. I believe I have places to go."
International Action: Great North Run & Great North City Games *Results *Great North Run Results *Photos Great North Run
Great North Run: Tirunesh Dibaba Wins In Debut As London Marathon Champ Wilson Kipsang Comes From Behind In Last 50m To Take Win In 59:06 Over Micah Kogo 59:07 Wilson Kipsang loves running in the UK
as the Olympic bronze medallist
came from behind to edge Kogo. Dibaba bided her time and did not run away from Edna Kiplagat until the final quarter. Ryan Vail was 8th in 1:02:04.
*Brit Chris Thompson Is "Over The Moon" Happy With His 61:00 - 3rd Fastest Ever In British History
*Brit Jo Pavey Pleased With 5th Place (69:20)
*Dibaba: "I am thinking of running a marathon maybe next year."
Great City Games:
The US Wins Over The UK At The Great North City Games: Mo Farah Ends His Season Winning The 2-Mile Over Bobby Curtis, Collis Birmingham & Ryan Gregson In the men's mile, Bernard Lagat won over UK's James Brewer and Jordan Macnamara. For the women, Brenda Martinez beat Hanah England and Anna Pierce; Jenny Simpson was only 4th. Other event winners include Dwain Chambers/Jeneba Tarmoh (100), Wallace Spearmon (150m ... Ryan Bailey dropped out with injury), and Jason Richardson (110H). The LJ was a good competition with an upset in Chris Tomlinson beating out Olympic Champ Greg Rutherford, TJ champ Christian Taylor, and LJ bronze medalist Will Claye.
*Farah Says He'll Enjoy Not Thinking About Running For The Next 2 Weeks On his 2-mile win: "I still had to work for it. It wasn't as easy as I thought." Good job, Bobby Curtis.
*Farah: "I'm in control when I'm training. But the twins can wake up at any time of the day or night, they can poo at any time of the day or night ..."
Australia: 39,000 Run Sunday Mail City-Bay Run In Australia And Craig Mottram Is 4th
Kenya: African 10,000m Champ Kenneth Kipkemoi Wins Kenyan XC Event In Eldoret And Says, "I can run and win the cross-country world title."
2012 Bank Of America Chicago Marathon Field Is Released
LRC Kebede And 4 More Sub-2:06/10 Sub-2:07 Guys Will Battle Ritz At 2012 Bank Of America Chicago Marathon Carey Pinkowski's full 2012 field was released early Wednesday. The women's field features two sub-2:20 performers and eight sub-2:25s. *Discuss
Ryan Hall Out Of NYC
Ryan Hall Withdraws From ING NYC Marathon His nagging injuries are not behind him. Hall's year ends with a second place at the Olympic Trials and a DNF a the Olympics.
Discuss: Ryan Hall Out of NYC
*Video Message From Ryan Hall To Fans (also embedded on right) He says he's more motivated than ever to make amends in 2013.
Paula Won't Quit
Paula Radcliffe Ignores Those Who Tell Her She'll Never Run Again, Has Foot Surgery & Is Now Targeting 2012 London Marathon LetsRun friend Amol Saxena apparently did the surgery again.
More News From The UK: Adam Gemili Runs 20.38 - Fastest UK Time In 3 Years
Brussels: The Last Diamond League Meet Of The Year Was Friday *Results *LRC Photos
Brussels Diamond League Recap The 2012 DL season came to an end with some great action. The men's 1,500 was worth a watch as Silas Kiplagat got the win over Olympic Champ
Makhloufi as Centrowitz mixed it up. In the women's 800, Francine Niyonsaba arrived as a star as two Americans did well. Plus redemption for Brimin Kipruto and Vivian Cheruiyot.
*Athletics Weekly Full Meet Recap *IAAF Recap
Labor Day Action - New Haven 20km - *Race Website/Videos/Interviews
LRC Matt Tegenkamp Does The 20k - Wins 2012 USA 20km Title In American Course Record Time Of 58:30 For years, it was said Teg doesn't run the 10k, but he does do that and now even the 20k!! Former Oregon
Duck Luke Puskedra ran a gutsy race, but Teg blew him away at the end to get the win in a new American course record time of 58:30 - the second-fastest
20 km road race ever run by
an American - in a race where the top 5 ran 60:00 or faster. In the women' race, Renee Metivier Baillie (67:08) won as four broke 69:00. *RRW Article
*Tegenkamp On Puskedra: "He made me work for it. I ran that race in the hardest way possible. I didn't know what I was doing out there."
Mo Farah/Usain Bolt News
Olympic 5,000m Final Was So Loud That Finish Line Camera Shook And The Official Finish Photo Was Blurry For The First Time Ever It
didn't happen in any other
race in London. Farah mania > Bolt mania in London.
Mo Farah's Wife Gives Birth To Twin Girls
Lausanne DL *Full Results
LRC: Matt Centrowitz Runs 3:31.96 For Third The twenty-two-year-old American continued to roll as in his first race post-London, he skipped the 3:32s and 3:33s to run 3:31.96 and come close to the win in Lausanne.
*Video Of Centro's Race
*MB: CENTRO 3:31!! *What the hell happened? Centro 3:31, Rupp DNF, Manzano/Willis 3:34
Results: Yohan Blake 9.69, Usain Bolt 19.58, Pamela Jelimo Over Mariya Savinova, Matt Centrowitz 3:31, Leo Manzano 3:34, Galen Rupp DNF The two Jamaican sprint stars came to play in Lausanne. But the mid-d and distance action left you wondering how the Olympic results were as they were. In the 1,500, the American silver medallists didn't really show up as Leo Manzano was 10th and Galen Rupp didn't finish, as Silas Kiplagat got the win and Matt Centrowitz showed why he's the best American miler when healthy. In the women's 800, Pamela Jelimo got the win over the 2012 Olympic champion, and in the 3,000, Jenny Simpson was dead last - proving in our minds that her problems in 2012 aren't a matter of confidence or tactics, but rather of fitness.
*IAAF Recap *AP *BBC
*MB: The Good: CENTRO 3:31!! *9.69 - My head just exploded
The Bad: What the hell happened? Centro 3:31, Rupp DNF, Manzano/Willis 3:34
The Ugly: JennyB needs a new coach fast
Monday/More Weekend Track Action
- Monday In Linz, Austria: Kirani James, Felix Sanchez Impress Overall recap.
- *Men's 1,000m: Seurei Wins, Nate Brannen 2:16.52, Over Nick Willis (Missed NZ Record By .01), Wheating, Torrence Willis for some reason was getting top billing earlier. Brannen deserves it. He is in fabulous shape and fell in London. Kirani James won the 400 (44.46) as Oscar P was 6th (46.91). In the 800, Hannah England ran 1:59.66 to beat Anna Pierce and Molly Beckwith. Felix Sanchez won the 400H; Michael Tinsley was 3rd. Other action included a poor steeple showing by Bridget Franek (9:52.90) and bronze medallist Kellie Wells losing to US runners Ginnie Crawford and Queen Harrison in the 100H. *Full Results *Cory Martin Wins City Shot *MB: Brannen 2:16:52 1000m
Olympic Track & Field *Daily Schedule/Results *Complete T&F Schedule *LRC Check Prediction Contest Scores/Change Picks
Saturday: W800: LRC The World Champion Is Now The Olympic Champion As Mariya Savinova Wins Comfortably Over Caster Semenya (updated) Russia's Mariya Savinova came from way back to win the gold comfortably in 1:56.19 and retain her global superiority. Caster Semenya had a blazing last
100 to grab the silver, but waited
way too long to kick to challenge for gold. Defending champ Pamela Jelimo led with 200 to go, but faded badly and was the first outside the medals.
*David Epstein: "Silver Medal in 800 meters Offers Little Clarity in Semenya Speculation" Talks about speculation as to how Semenya came out of nowhere again to get silver and points out how those who objected to her in the past (such as Savinova) seem to be fine with her now that she's losing.
Saturday Relay Action:
- Bolt Is 6-For-6: Usain Bolt And Jamaica Make History With A New 4 X 1 World Reocrd (36.84) Bolt gets his back-to-back triple crowns. The US was second, actually equalling the old WR, but still well beaten by Jamaica. *IAAF Event Report
- Tim Layden: "In a Games filled with memorable moments, few resonate like Bolt"
- It Was A Disappointing Games For "White Lightning" Christophe Lemaitre This article was from before the 4 x 1 final, but we doubt he's any happier, as France just missed a medal.
- men Win 4 X 4 Relay With Fastest Time In 19 Years on Felix gets her 3rd gold medal of the games, Richards-Ross her 2nd. Richards-Ross said, "By the time I got the stick, it was basically a victory lap." *MB: ALLYSON FELIX JUST SPLIT 48.8
W 5,000: LRC Meseret Defar Stunningly Stops The Coronation Of Tiruneh Dibaba The script was all set. Tirunesh Dibaba was to complete the "Double Double" and become the first women track athlete with four individual golds. Only thing was, the person making history ended up being Meseret Defar.
*Reuters Defar's golden focus pays dividends Defar said she's had great health and says she changed training to prepare for a tactical race. The religious Defar says she feels "born again."
*Defar Says She Will Now Move Up To The Marathon She's ran one half before in 67:45. Dibaba has said she's making the same move, so their rivalry isn't over yet.
Could Be Was Epic:
LRC David Rudisha Becomes A Legend By Winning Gold With A World Record In The Greatest 800 Race In History updated David Rudisha went after in London and delivered, as he became the first person to break 1:41 in the 800. The rest of the field went after Rudisha and delivered as well as 7 of 8 runners PRed in a truly epic race where places 1-8 set new all-time best time-for-place marks. Duane Solomon and Nick Symmonds became the 2nd and 3rd Americans to break 1:43 and amazingly neither medalled.
*MB: Rudisha 1:40.91 WORLD RECORD!!
*Epstein: How low can Rudisha go in 800?
*Science Of The Sport Analyzes The Olympic 800 Final And Rudisha's Race Strategy
LRC Duane Solomon And Nick Symmonds React To Their Historic Olympic 800s That Leave Them Short Of The Medals The sub-1:43 club has two more Americans. Unbelievably both of them will leave London without medals. Nick Symmonds ran faster in the final than he thought was humanly possible for him.
*IAAF Article On Rudisha's WR 17-year-old Kenyan Timothy Kitum, who got bronze, said, "[Rudisha] told me he was going to go fast for the line. He advised me not to follow him and to go for silver. That's why (Mohammed) Aman failed. That was our plan."
*Usain Bolt & David Rudisha: Olympic Stars United In Greatness The 800 was crazy; British runner Andrew Osagie's 1:43.77 was enough to get him 4th all-time UK and would have won any of the past three Olympic finals ... but here it got him last.
*Ultimate Track Showdown: Bolt Vs. Rudisha Over 400 Both have hinted they'd be up for it. Props to whatever meet organizer makes this happen. *MB: More Dominant: Bolt or Rudisha?
LRC Column/Editorial: Sarah Attar Makes Olympic Track And Field History For Saudi Arabia In 800m, But Is It Enough? Imagine the outrage if the South African delegation made its black athletes walk behind the whites and told them to not give interviews or mingle with whites."It's time for the IOC to stop supporting sexism. Gender discrimination should be treated no differently than racial discrimination. ... How about for a start, the Saudi women come out first at the closing ceremonies? Come out before anyone else enters the stadium, that would be a step in the right direction."
400 Final: 19-Year-Old Kirani James Wins Grenada's First Olympic Gold In The 400 Luguelin Santos took silver and Lalonde Gordon bronze. Kirani James is Mr. Clutch at age 19. Incredible.
*Grenada Prime Minister Declares National Holiday To Celebrate Kirani James' 400 Win
SI: US 400m Dynasty Comes To An End
*MB: Kirani James 43.94!!!!
International And Olympic News
- Writing About Running: So The Athletes Have Unionized, What Should Be Next? Number 1 on the list is make joining the union a necessity; it won't work if no one joins. Having Usain Bolt on there definitely helps.
- Rio 2016 Employee Who Was Sacked For "Stealing" Files From London 2012 Organizers, Says She Was Only Doing What She Was Told She said, none of the information was "confidential" or "commercial".
- IAAF Recap Of Chinese Track Championships
- UK Toy Company Hit Hard By Poor Sales With Their London 2012 Merchandise
We Won't Let Him Be Silenced
- Ridiculous: Cycling Head Suing Sunday Times Journalist For Saying UCI Head Covered Up Lance Armstrong Positives
- Supporters Rally To His Defense - So Far $34,000+, Including $50 From LetsRun.com, Has Been Raised - Donate Here
- Velonews Article
2012 5th Avenue Mile Highlights
- Desiree Davila Talks About 5:15AM Runs With Amy Hastings Back When They Were Teammates At Arizona State And Ran Most Runs In Complete Silence This Running Times article includes entries from other well knowns (such as Chris Lear) talking about their favorite training partners.
- Phil Knight And 1971,1973 & 1974 OU NCAA Champion Cross-Country Teams Are Being Inducted Into The Oregon Hall Of Fame One committee member said, "As a track athlete [Knight] probably wasn't in the top 10 in the country. But what he has done for the whole university, not just athletics - I think it's time we recognize that."
- 3:25 Video Looking At The Life Of Louis Zamperini, A USC Miler Who Became A POW In WWII
Some Other US News
- Dyestat Is Reborn As dyetrack.com
- Got A Lot Of Extra Cash? Rock 'N' Roll Race Series Up For Sale
- SI's Twitter 100 Includes Ato Boldon, Lolo Jones
$200,012 LetsRun.com Prediction Contest Results
LRC 2012 LetsRun.com London Prediction Contest Winners Announced The London Olympics are in the rear view mirror and the gold medals awarded. The real winners, the winners of our $200,012 LetsRun.com Prediction Contest, have not been given the accolades they deserve.
USTFCCCA Rankings And More Scholastic News
- Wisconsin Men And Washington Women Dominate The Voting In The First Regular Season DI Coaches' Poll
*DII Regional Rankings *DIII
- Cornell University Has Cut Ties With adidas Because Of The Comapny's Overseas Labor Practices
- High School: XC Nation's Top 50 National HS Team Rankings CBA Lincroft boys and Grosse Pointe South girls top the lists.
LetsRun.com T-Shirts Hit The
LRC High School Team Dominates In LetsRun.com T-Shirts If you're going to run fast, you should also look good doing it. That's what the Blue Valley Northwest XC team did in Topeka, Kansas as they sported their new LRC T-Shirts and swept four of the top 10 places last
With Wejo no longer competing, maybe we should sponsor them.
LetsRun.com T-Shirts Are Here Labor Day Special, 4 Different Shirts $50
LRC The Wait Is Over: Buy Your LetsRun.com Shirts Today The Empire State Building was built in 2 years, the US put a man on the moon in 8 years, and 12 years later the LetsRun.com T-Shirts are here. 4 designs coming from you. We've got a Labor Day Special: All 4 shirts, $50 with free shipping.
Brussels Diamond League Photos: Aries Merritt 12.80 And More
LRC Guest Columnist: Lactic Acid - Is It All That Bad?
LRC From Time Magazine To NBC Commentators: Why is everyone still so confused about lactate (and exercise physiology)? LRC guest scientific contributor, PhD Matthew Goodwin, takes a look at some common exercise physiology misconceptions. His #1 target: The idea that lactic acid causes muscle soreness.
Nick Symmonds' Beer Mile AR
Lausanne 1,500: Centro 3:31.96
Saturday Photo Gallery: Usain And Mo
Goodbye London 2012 - Closing Ceremony Photos Gallery
LRC Asks Carmelita Jeter & Jason Richardson About Mark Block
Latest: Britain's Sunday Herald Picks Up Block Story & USADA Says "There is an investigation going on."
*Pat Forde Of Yahoo Sports Picks Up On Controversy
LRC Carmelita Jeter And Jason Richardson Answer Questions About Banned Agent Mark Block LRC's Weldon Johnson asked Jeter and Richardson about their association with banned agent Mark Block. Jeter and Richardson, to their credit, didn't dodge the questions. To say there was tension in the air is an understatement. *Discuss
*Associated Press Picks Up Story: US sprinter Carmelita Jeter defends friendship with suspended agent Mark Block
*The Guardian Picks Up Story: "A wonderful night for the USA's athletics team turned sour when Carmelita Jeter was questioned about her links with the controversial former coach, Mark Block."
*NY Daily News *Daily Mail *San Diego Tribune
Day 8 Olympic Photo Gallery: Women's 4 X 100 WR, Uceny Falls, Women's 5,000m Final
Day 7 Olympic Photo Gallery: Rudisha And Bolt
Day 6 Photo Gallery: Allsyon Felix, Aries Merritt, Brittney Reese, Women's 1,500m Semis
Day 5 Photo Gallery: Leo 1,500m Silver, Men's High Jump, Men's 800m Semis, Men's Discus Final
Day 4 Photo Gallery: King James, Felix Sanchez, Jenn Suhr, Women's Steeple
Day 3 Photo Gallery: Men's 100, Men's Steeple, Women's 400, More
Women's Olympic Marathon Photo Gallery
Day 2 Photo Gallery: Olympic 10,000m Final Photo Gallery
Help Out A LRCer Who Has Terminal Cancer: Help Cancer Guy
A Legend Passes Too Young
LRC Eight-Time US Cross-Country Champion Pat Porter Dies In Plane Crash Updated: We've added a great photo of Porter with 3-time World XC Champ Lynn Jennings.
*Authorities: "There are no indications as to what may have caused this accident." Porter and his 15-year-old son and a neighbohood friend have perished.