August 7, 2015
In the video, Josh talks about training for the Beer Mile World Classic. We had heard about the event this winter, but hadn’t heard much about it or had anything on it on LetsRun.com since.
We reached out to the organizers to see what the status of their event is and it is definitely on, featuring most of the world’s best beer milers and a team concept (USA vs. Canada vs. Australia) in San Francisco. The Beer Mile World Classic will take place in two weeks on August 22 on San Francisco’s Treasure Island.
The field features four of the top five all-time according to beermile.com.
Field from race director Nick MacFalls below: Notes in () are from LRC, rest are from Nick.
- James Nielsen, USA, 4:57 (official beermile.com world record holder)
- Josh Harris, Australia, 5:01.5 (he’s the guy running 4:56.2 in the video above)
- Lewis Kent, CAN, 5:01.9 He has a very low risk of DQ. Has run 6 beer miles this year. Top 3 fastest times in the world in 2015. This is his PR race.
- Michael Cunningham, USA, 5:07.9….Second to Gallagher at Flotrack…which was his 2nd beer mile ever. Better trained and track sharp for this event.
- Jim Finlayson, CAN, 5:09.0 Former world record holder, 42 years old, has a chance at a podium finish, very consistent, but doesn’t have the speed to win…but will clean up runners who die at the end
- Phil Parrot Migas, CAN, 5:21
- Kevin Craigie, AUS, 5:21
- Brian Anderson, USA, 5:30 Has an unsubmitted 5:10….Will be racing this week, feels like he is sub-5 minute shape
- Charlie Blanch, AUS, 5:30
- Andrea Fisher, USA, 6:28 2nd all-time
- Chris Kimbrough, USA, 6:28 3rd all-time, former WR holder
- Seanna Robinson, CAN Former WR holder, ran 6:43 in 1997…training hard again
- Caitlin Judd, USA
- After that, the field…many haven’t run many beer miles, but have potential to surprise…
Like LetsRun.com on Facebook!