You are reporting the following post to the moderators for review and possible removal from the forum
RE: Just ran Berlin, 10 minutes slower than PR. Please help with a post-mortem
OP - not sure why post got cut off
1) Poor sleep - got ~ 5 hrs for the previous two nights
2) Poor (?) taper? - didn't run much at all except for a 9 mile easy jog two days before
3) Poor nutrition? I doubt this once, because I did take a GU every 5 miles, which worked out before
4) Poor hydration? Prior to the race, I made 3 bathroom stops emptying the bladder, and didn't take any liquids to replenish.
5) Lack of long runs in the training cycle - for the past 3 months, I only did two 18 mile runs ~ MP - not sure if this had anything to do with endurance.
The bottom line is this: Is it possible that I run 2:58, then run a 3:07 just three months after, with a decent training cycle? Is there that much variable in marathon performance?
Hit the submit button below if you want us to review the post.