Kippy gone mad wrote:
[quote]CONGRATS KIP wrote:
TOP 10 HOBBYJOGGER CHEATERS IN THE HISTORY OF OUR SPORT?
what are your TOP 10?
10. "Jane's Marines" @ Marine Corps Marathon
9. Christina Noble - DQ'ed at Sarasota Marathon
8. 2010 Xiamen Marathon Runners - China (30% of top 100 runners were found to have cheated)
6. Martin Franklin
5. Anthony Gaskell
3. Rob Sloan http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2047816/Rob-Sloan-Kielder-Marathon-runner-shaved-6-miles-catching-spectator-bus.html
2. Dr. David Kip Litton, DDS http://kiplitton.blogspot.com/
1. Rosie Ruiz
I'm good w/Kip coming in @ #2. Although the entire spectacle of Kip's deceit dwarfs Rosie's, she did it on Earth's biggest stage w/a fake win.
Ah, Christina Noble, Brighton, MI. A fine tri/duathlete & runner who cheated in several races a few years ago and got DQ'd in Sarasota. I heard about it several weeks after it all happened and since she represented a club I admire, took a longer look at the details. I did because her club was protesting her guilt as she claimed she was innocent. I called the Sarasota RD and we talked for 30 minutes. I'd already done some homework to learn what I could about her DQ and it seemed there was ample reason to do so.
The Sarasota RD confirmed everythng I'd read about the DQ, providing other damning info also. Following that I wrote the head of the club to tell him Noble was guilty as charged. He didn't like hearing this, feeling deceived by Noble. But he knew I was right as I layed out the details and how the DQ was arrived at. I next contacted Noble who denied the whole thing, saying she was innocent. I told her that her story didn't wash and the Sarasota people were right to DQ her. I also asked her about missing & uneven split times at the Detroit Free Press Marathon held prior to Sarasota & she gave bad answers to explain herself.