Where Your Dreams Become Reality
You are reporting the following post to the moderators for review and possible removal from the forum|
Subject: RE: May 2011 to April 2012 warmest 12 months in U.S. history. You can't deny anymore.
I get so tired of seeing these arguments to reduce CO2 as if your effort is going to make any difference.
Here are the facts from the EIA. http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/jan/31/world-carbon-dioxide-emissions-country-data-co2
1. The US has reduced total CO2 emissions two years in a row and our production is essentially flat for the past decade.
2. China is the world's largest CO2 producer.
3. China is increasing CO2 production by 10% per year and has done so for the past decade.
Now... the part everyone seems to be missing. China's CO2 emission was 7.7 billion tons in this study. (It's 8.8 billion now, I think, but let's use 7.7 for this illustration.) Ten percent of 7.7 billion is 770 million. The average US citizen produces 28 tons of CO2. Now, let's do the math. In order to offset JUST THE ANNUAL INCREASE OF CO2 BY CHINA....
- 27.5 million Americans would have to cease to exist, or
- 110 million Americans would have to cease driving competely, or
- The US would have to replace 100% of gas-burning vehicle in the US with electric vehicles in one year.
That would buy ONLY ONE YEAR of reprieve from China's CO2 increases.
The bottom line is that if CO2 causes climate change, you need accept it and move on instead of wasting your time with futile efforts to reduce your carbon footprint.
Hit the submit button below if you want us to review the post. If you feel this is urgent or want a reply, email us at email@example.com about the post and please include a link to the thread the post is on and what page number/post on that page it is