Where Your Dreams Become Reality
You are reporting the following post to the moderators for review and possible removal from the forum|
Poster: another canuck
Subject: RE: sub 3.45 1500m training advice
Read the other threads, including "sub 1:50". It may have been the most comprehensive one of all.
I post on these questions regularly. I know there are lots of good guys like yourself that get caught in between coaches or graduated without a good group to run with, and can truly benefit from some outside advice.
My beliefs are very similar to the Canova principles that are set out many places herein and debated regularly.
Here's a brief summary of my views for you personally;
1) yes, you need to get a bit stronger, so increase tempo work. Aim at 8k in 26:30.
2) Short intervals are not enough. Run4x1000m@ @2:45-50 with 3-4 min rest.
3) For specific speed, do 3x800@2:02 aiming at reducing to 2:00.
4) I personally like 3-4 x600 @1:30 more than 8x400@60.
5) Time trial at 2k 2-3 weeks before your goal races.
Hit the submit button below if you want us to review the post. If you feel this is urgent or want a reply, email us at email@example.com about the post and please include a link to the thread the post is on and what page number/post on that page it is