Where Your Dreams Become Reality
You are reporting the following post to the moderators for review and possible removal from the forum|
Subject: RE: Patriot League Indoor 2012
Ok- so after the last few performances from the weekend, I decided to tally up the league's performance list. Keep in mind a lot of athletes probably won't run every event, and every team is far from having put a concentrated effort into every event-especially relays-so this may very well be far from accurate. I found it interesting nonetheless, so it here it goes.
(From last to first)
8. Holy Cross-7. I'm sure they'll get some more points in the relays, but it may end up being negligible.
7. American-18. Deep performances across the league this winter are really going to hurt the distance-specific crew. The 5000 will be their breadwinner.
6. Lafayette-42. A couple of very talented standouts seemingly won't be enough to crack the top 4. Similar to..
5. Colgate-53. Johnson. Tooker. Johnson. Tooker. Like Lafayette, Colgate could do relatively very well for themselves this year. If one guy is off, however, back down they go.
4. Lehigh-62. Fantastic jumpers and good heptathletes will carry this team. Through the running events they only had 8 points. Where has Mr. Kosgei been?
3. Army-95. Somewhat surprising to be this far back from the first two. Their main weakness comes from being a relatively unbalanced team.
2.Bucknell-171. Losing Mr. Sacks hurts. A lot. His absence may be the difference in a league victory at home or not. Amazingly well balanced team, however; They scored in the most events of any team. We will see if the home field advantage can put them past...
1. Navy-198. The team we all have come to know. Amazingly deep in the distances and relays. It is the standout vaulters, however, that may be what give Mr. Cooksey another trophy on the mantle.
Like I said, I know this is far from accurate, so take from it what you will.
On one hand I would love to see the Bison team win at home-but seeing how half the team and select coaches have been known to talk quite a bit, it becomes easy to root against them. With that in mind, I think I'll be cheering for Navy this year; they are going to protect the country anyway, so I'd hope they win. Hard to root against. Generally classy group. Personal opinions aside, best of luck to all. It'll be a great meet. Cheers.
Hit the submit button below if you want us to review the post. If you feel this is urgent or want a reply, email us at email@example.com about the post and please include a link to the thread the post is on and what page number/post on that page it is