Where Your Dreams Become Reality
You are reporting the following post to the moderators for review and possible removal from the forum|
Poster: Impossible Dream
Subject: RE: Soup to Nuts - Letsrun Train Me
Thanks for asking about the circuit. I think I did it right, because it was hard !! :)
I did 2 sets of the following -
- Bosu Ball Pushups 15 reps
- Front Squat to a press, 12 reps first set, 10 reps second set. I was particularly surprised at how hard these were, even with light weight
- Swiss Ball substitute for leg raise. I realized after my question the other day that you weren't necessarily stressing lower back so much as you were hip flexors with this movement, so I did the Swiss ball thing rather than the dead lifts
- Bent dumbbell rows, 10 reps each side. I'll need to get creative or purchase equipment for the inverted rows.
- One leg step ups, 15 reps for each leg. Used a sturdy folding chair.
- Swiss ball hamstring curls... MUCH harder than anticipated and I need to work on my form on these.
- Mountain climbers
- Lateral hops over a 2x4 (felt a bit silly at first, then really tired)
Once I get the hang of this, you are right I'm going to be sweating something fierce with these. I warmed up with a shortened (fewer reps) version of my core routine and finished the evening with 4 miles on the treadmill.
I could definitely feel some extra fatigue in my quads and hamstrings this morning during my easy 8.
SORRY to hear about your hip. I would try and get some cross training in if possible during your holiday and then have an easy mileage week on the comeback, what ever you feel comfortable with and then the 2nd week you could possibly be back to normal with the option of dropping the second hard session if you feel like you're pushing it to hard. Just my take.
BTW - Shoebacca, if you're reading this, I reconfigured the cords this morning. Could I have broken the cord curse? Stay tuned..... B-WAAAA HA HA HA!!
PM - I'm interested to hear about your golfing.... Mini tours? You obviously have some game. Any practice tips for a guy looking to gain some consistency with ball striking and break 80?
Hit the submit button below if you want us to review the post. If you feel this is urgent or want a reply, email us at email@example.com about the post and please include a link to the thread the post is on and what page number/post on that page it is