Where Your Dreams Become Reality
You are reporting the following post to the moderators for review and possible removal from the forum|
Poster: twice a runner
Subject: RE: Is running selfish? Why do you run?
There are a lot of reasons. I'm just an average runner, but.
- I am a happier person when I run. It breaks up the day, gets my body working. If I am sedentary too long, I get depressed. If I run, that happens less often.
- I feel better physically.
- Because I feel better physically, I treat my body better. I drink less. I don't smoke cigarettes or pot (even if it was only the occasional cigarette... once a month or so). I don't eat kebab van food every night.
- I am more relaxed and treat my friends better, I think.
- I also have an easier time focusing on my research and keeping up with reading, for whatever reason.
- I don't feel guilty for those nights when I do eat kebab van food and drink 10 beers. Usually I burned that many calories in the last two days anyway just running.
- I like to compete, but this is so far down the lists of important reasons to run now. But it is still what gets me out of the door every day. The competition is largely with myself now, but it's still competition nonetheless.
I've been back in the game for almost a month now and I'm feeling really good. Hopefully I stay healthy. I forgot how enjoyable running is.
Hit the submit button below if you want us to review the post. If you feel this is urgent or want a reply, email us at email@example.com about the post and please include a link to the thread the post is on and what page number/post on that page it is