Original Message
Author
jaminjamin
Subject
RE: Any one else wish they never joined Strava?
Strava remorse wrote:

Glad Im not alone. Sometimes I feel like it's a race that never ends. I get that it's supposed to be fun and friendly. However, when people start eyeballing every run you do or try to critique, or just have to comment about it, it becomes taxing. I have a few good friends on Strava, but sometimes I feel like it's becoming a competition on any run that gets uploaded. Another thing is I feel like I have too much info put out, people all know my training paces and it kills the vibebon race day when we're all in the same race. The more I think about it the more I feel like leaving it. Sometimes even during workouts I feel like I have to push harder because I know I have others staring at it including my HR and pace relation.

Honestly, anybody who feels this way is guilty of jealously comparing oneself with others - the same competitive instinct that he or she claims to despise. Just do what you want to do for fun, and race against yourself.
Spam Control

To combat message board spam by non runners, we are making people answer a brief question before they can post on a thread that is over 20 days old.

If you answer this question you will be able to post.

Who of the following is not an American runner?