By entering these forums you agree to our Rules
on the logo to return to our homepage
[ Return to Index ] [ Original Message ]Original Message
|Subject: ||Other End of Year/New Year's Day Action of Note That No One Wrote An Article About (Kogo, Soi, Lalli, Kipsiro etc) |
It seems that each week there is a decent amount of good race action that doesn't get any English language press. In 2013, we'll hopefully provide you some of the highlights by checking our results databases to find news of note.
There were a few races from last week that we can't find any English language recaps for. Highlights include:
In France, at the 41st Corrida Pedestre Internationale de Houilles, some big names raced at 10k including 2008 Olympic 10k bronze medallist Micah Kogo and 12:52 5ker Edwin Soi. The winner however was Ethiopian teen Berhanu Legesse who just edged Kogo. Legesee is a new-comer who finished 2nd to Hagos Gebrhiwet at the CBE Great Ethiopian Run (http://www.iaaf.org/news/report/gebrhiwet-and-kebede-take-addis-ababa-10-k-wi).
Top 10 Men-
1. Berhanu Legesse, U20, ETH, 28:23
2. Micah Kogo, KEN, 28:23
3. Moleta Baisa, ETH, 28:24
4. Ayalew Kinde Atanaw, U20, ETH, 28:25
5. Abrar Osmam Adem, U20, ETH, 28:27
6. Edwin Soi, KEN, 28:42
7. Milton Rotich Kiplagat, KEN, 28:42
8. Youssef Elkalai, FRA, 28:42
9. Isaac Mukundi Mwangi, KEN, 28:48
10. El Hassane Ben Lkhainouch, FRA, 28:55
At Italy's We Run Rome 10-K, Italy's top two distance runners clashed. 27:32 man Daniele Meucci got the win over recent European xc champ Andrea Lalli.
Top 5 Men
1. Daniele Meucci, C.S. Esercito, 28:45
2. Nicholas Togom, KEN, 28:51
3. Andrea Lalli, G.A. Fiamme Gialle, 28:57
4. Koen Naert, BEL, 29:38
5. Rui Silva, POR, 30:11
In Germmany, 2007 WC 5k bronze medalist, Moses Kipsiro, earned his 4th victory at the 8km Bitburger-Silvesterlauf in Trier.
Top 5 Men -
1. Moses Kipsiro, UGA 22:41.8
2. Dickson Kimutai, Tyron-Team (KEN) 22:43.5
3. Alex Kibet, KEN 22:45.1
4. Patrick Ereng, KEN 22:54.0 PB
5. Bernard Kiplagat, Tyron-Team (KEN) 23:00.1
To combat message board spam (by non runners). We are making people answer a brief question before they can post on a thread that is over 20 days old.
If you answer this question you should be able to post.