[ Return to Index ] [ Original Message ]Original Message
|Subject: ||RE: Discussion: Track & Field News' 2012 World 1,500 Rankings: Kiplagat #1, Makhloufi #4, Centro #5, Manzano #9 |
That list is ridiculous. I know Manzano never ran a fast time, but the Olympic silver medalist should be ranked higher than 9th. Kiplagat 1nd? Not only was he not the fastest in the world, but he didn't horrible in the Olympics. Centro at 5th sounds about right. Here's how I'd rank these 10 people:
1. Kiprop (3:28 1500, unfortunate injury but obviously the best in the world)
2. Makhloufi (3:30 1500, Olympic Champion)
3. Iguider (World Indoor Champion and Olympic Bronze)
4. Kiplagat (3:29 1500, 6th Indoor WC, 7th Olympics)
5. Manzano (Olympic Silver, beat Centrowitz all 3 times they raced)
6. Centrowitz (3:31 1500, 7th Indoor WC, 4th Olympics)
7. Chepseba (3:29 1500, 11th Olympics)
8. Gebremedhin (World Indoor Bronze, 6th Olympics)
9. Birgen (3:31 1500)
10. Ndiku (African 1500 Champion, 3:32 1500)
To combat message board spam (by non runners). We are making people answer a brief question before they can post on a thread that is over 20 days old.
If you answer this question you should be able to post.