By entering these forums you agree to our Rules
click on the logo to return to our homepage

[ Return to Index ] [ Original Message ]
Return to original message | Register a login name
Original Message
Author: Querfeldein
Subject: RE: If That Wasn't The Greatest Marathon Ever Run, What Was

I don't know if there ever was a better "performance" - it's hard to compare different courses. It was certainly the best performance in New York, and probably one of the best ever run, though several others could make that claim with equal rights.

It was also a great race to watch. However, this was a long way off being "the greatest marathon in history": Moderate first half, with a group of 10 running together, and then one decisive surge to win by 1:22 minutes.

This year, London was much more exciting, just as Chicago was last year. As for the 2011 New York Marathon, I thought that the women's race had much more drama than the men's.

I don't mind advertising on LRC, in fact, I like the fact that the site remains quite minimalistic, and not inundated with so-called "shoe reviews" etc. However, the clear association with NYRR is getting a bit too much. There used to be disclaimers about affiliations - is it now time you put these under every single post on the topic?

Return to index | Register a login name
No title

To combat message board spam (by non runners). We are making people answer a brief question before they can post on a thread that is over 20 days old.
If you answer this question you should be able to post.

Which of the following is not an American runner?
Dathan Ritzenhein
Billy Mills 
Meb Keflezighi
Alan Webb
Jim Ryun
Frank Shorter
Maurice Greene
Haile Gebrselassie
Bill Rodgers