Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 |
pittman
RE: You might be a runner if... 1/6/2008 5:18PM - in reply to allen Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

allen wrote:

if you have less hair on your legs then your girlfriend's legs

Dude, that's triathletes. They are egotistical a-holes that only talk about one thing; themselves. None, and I repeat no triathlete ever has been heard to utter the following: "so how was your race?"
Crwnikeboy
RE: You might be a runner if... 1/12/2008 12:19PM - in reply to pittman Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
not true.... I've run 2 Ironman triathlons and in both I've seen better sportsmanship than in any running race. In the first, I saw a group refuse to leave a member when he said for them to go on because he didn't think he was going to make it. They told him:"We've come this far together, we're going to finish together" In the second, I was tired and started walking. Many people asked if I was ok, and one guy offered me his enervit gel. After both races I was asked several times about my race, and I also asked many others how their races went.
akljdaf9ljafkdsj
RE: You might be a runner if... 1/12/2008 12:34PM - in reply to canuck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
...you'd pass up a good date to finish that 15 miler for the day
Crwnikeboy
RE: You might be a runner if... 1/12/2008 1:43PM - in reply to akljdaf9ljafkdsj Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
the prom and the state meet are the same day and it's no contest which one you'd go to.
home from college
RE: You might be a runner if... 1/12/2008 2:17PM - in reply to Crwnikeboy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
--when you run home from parties all the way across town...and tack on an extra 10 miles for the hell of it.

--when your penis has frozen from running for 2 hours at 2am
easily amused
RE: You might be a runner if... 1/17/2008 2:00PM - in reply to home from college Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
...you've run a workout alone on the track while the varsity football team stood and watched.

it was pretty badass. it was snowing with 30 mph gust in the dark. for the last part of the workout i had no shirt either! ...i won the workout for the day, despite my teammates running it an hour before hand when it was 10 degrees warmer and with considerably less wind. Oh btw for the rest of the year the football team hasn't messed with a runner since.
Crwnikeboy
RE: You might be a runner if... 1/17/2008 9:18PM - in reply to easily amused Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
you hate the word jogging
speck
RE: You might be a runner if... 2/2/2008 11:48PM - in reply to Crwnikeboy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
if, at 10PM you say "I'm running to the store" and your family has to ask "on foot or by car?"
sc runner
RE: You might be a runner if... 2/4/2008 11:48AM - in reply to speck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You've ever run over 16 miles just for the heck of it.
coyoterunner
RE: You might be a runner if... 2/20/2008 12:26PM - in reply to sc runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
...you ever sat in a chair with a cup of tea on the arm and realize that your pulse is causing ripples.

...you're favorite fable is the "Tortoise and the Hare". (Especially if you run distance)

...anytime you need to make a big decision, you go for a long run and mull it over.

...you never worry about getting mugged.

...dogs on your route are seen as incentives.

...you see a movie with really rough terrain and think "I want to run there".

...you can "read" the tread on another's shoes and tell what kind of runner they are.

...you have no qualms about correcting other people's forms.

...you have ever spent considerable time calculating the miles you've run in your entire life.

...you chuck your spent shoes up a tree along a course.

...you weren't alarmed when you lost feeling below your waist during a race.

...you argue about the pros/cons of i-running with other runners.

...you got your best time ever in a minimarathon and feel disappointed because *one* guy passed you in the last mile.

...it's getting tougher and tougher to get that same high from running.

...you've ever said "I'm gonna be sore tomorrow" with a feeling of happy anticipation.

...seeing someone else running when you're not makes you feel like a scumbag, even if you already ran that day.

...you've run with broken toes.

...you've seen running with the bulls and thought "What's the big deal?".
;lirftygjiertfkeoagoi
RE: You might be a runner if... 3/30/2008 5:57PM - in reply to x2z Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Everyone go join saverun.org its a great site.
RE: You might be a runner if... 3/30/2008 9:02PM - in reply to coyoterunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
... as you drive by open fields out on the highway you picture yourself running or think what a great cross country course it would make
or...
RE: You might be a runner if... 3/30/2008 9:07PM - in reply to ....... Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
...your wardrobe is increasingly becoming just running clothes.

I'm slowly watching my casual, regular wadrobe decreasing in size and i'm finding myself always in running clothes and i just don't care !! :)
coreys ghost
RE: You might be a runner if... 3/30/2008 9:12PM - in reply to or... Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You've had shit running down your legs and you think, only five more miles to go.
Le jeem
RE: You might be a runner if... 3/31/2008 8:22AM - in reply to coreys ghost Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You think the biggest problem facing society today is chronic dehydration.

If it takes longer than 43 seconds to have a bowel movement, you worry for the rest of the day about your recent onset of "constipation."
i remember that kid
RE: You might be a runner if... 6/13/2008 8:53AM - in reply to Le jeem Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
-if you've revived a dead thread on letsrun
-if you've ever kept a training log
-if you have more than 10 race t-shirts that you wear regularly
-if someone has to force you off the trails when your hurt
-if you've cried when the doctor told you that you had a stress fracture
-if you think that you are out of shape when you can't do 6 miles "easy"
-if you don't ever drink Coke (except after that big race)
-if you've had bad dreams about drinking a Coke and ruining your training
blind eye
RE: You might be a runner if... 6/13/2008 12:46PM - in reply to i remember that kid Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
...You have to ask LetsRun readers whether sex will hurt your running.
silly willy
RE: You might be a runner if... 6/13/2008 3:15PM - in reply to rin run ran? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
-when someone says "colorado" you think immediately of boulder, not denver
-"running with the buffaloes" sounds appealing to you, you have some questions for them
-anytime you have a multiple-choice question and one of the answers is "tim culpepper", its your instinct to choose him
explain
RE: You might be a runner if... 6/13/2008 4:13PM - in reply to i remember that kid Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

i remember that kid wrote:

-if you don't ever drink Coke (except after that big race)
-if you've had bad dreams about drinking a Coke and ruining your training

Uhmm, I drink a can or two a day. I'm sure it's not super healthy and all, but how can coke really ruin your training?
djgylend
RE: You might be a runner if... 6/13/2008 4:19PM - in reply to explain Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You've been fired from a job for taking too many bathroom breaks

Your toes resemble a package of ground beef
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 |