Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 |
ORU fan
RE: You might be a runner if... 12/15/2006 4:36PM - in reply to diggity dank Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
...you plan all your vacations around races or other running related things.

Example: In November I flew to Seattle to visit the Brooks headquarters and drove from OK to Charlotte, NC with a bunch of HS kids for Footlocker regionals. Jan- Driving to Houston for the Houston Marathon. Feb-Driving to Boulder for XC Nationals. April-Driving to Lawrence, KS for the Kansas Relays. May-Driving to Colorado Springs for the Club Marathon Relay national champs.
kiploboti
RE: You might be a runner if... 12/16/2006 5:23AM - in reply to ORU fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
you can be able to define the following.

FLM
PR
WR
SB
CR
DNF
DNS
DSQ
Rk
Fn
IAAF
ASICS
FERTLEK
TEMPO
mcenroe
RE: You might be a runner if... 12/16/2006 6:42AM - in reply to kiploboti Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
[quote]kiploboti wrote:

you can be able to define the following.

(/quote]

I can not be able to define:
FLM, DSQ, Fn, Rk & Fertlek.

Is DSQ- DQ, disqualified?
Is Fertlek- Fartlek?

Also, I can not be able to define what I mean by, I can not be able to define. I can not be able, I can not.
Littlerunnerboy09
RE: You might be a runner if... 12/16/2006 11:15AM - in reply to mcenroe Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You might be a runner if you've ever skipped weightlifting class because you had a meet that afternoon.

-You hate taking two week breaks because you know you'll be cranky by the end and you'll be sore when you run again.

-During the two week break you see a treadmill at the Y and instantly want to cry because you know you can't use it.
distance freak
RE: You might be a runner if... 12/16/2006 11:20AM - in reply to Littlerunnerboy09 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
your more pissed off when you dont run then when you have a bad race.
tempo is a way of life
RE: You might be a runner if... 12/16/2006 11:22AM - in reply to distance freak Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
... your legs hurt more when running 10 minute miles than they would if you were to run 7 minute miles.
you are lame
RE: You might be a runner if... 12/16/2006 11:42AM - in reply to Littlerunnerboy09 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Littlerunnerboy09 wrote:

You might be a runner if you've ever skipped weightlifting class because you had a meet that afternoon.

-You hate taking two week breaks because you know you'll be cranky by the end and you'll be sore when you run again.

-During the two week break you see a treadmill at the Y and instantly want to cry because you know you can't use it.
why the hell would anyone take a two week break
Doodoo84
RE: You might be a runner if... 12/17/2006 4:01PM - in reply to you are lame Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You'd take a two week break so your muscles are fresh for the next season... Your body would break itself down if you didn't.
miles of trials
RE: You might be a runner if... 12/23/2006 12:44PM - in reply to Doodoo84 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You might be a runner if you don't take breaks between seasons, because there is no in between seasons, just time to train on your own and get faster.
page23
RE: You might be a runner if... 12/27/2006 11:14PM - in reply to miles of trials Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Read all 23 pages in one sitting. Good luck.
somewhatfast
RE: You might be a runner if... 12/29/2006 9:00PM - in reply to page23 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I hope this one hasn't been said already. You might be a runner if you think Dean Karnazes sucks even though he ran 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 states.
easily amused
RE: You might be a runner if... 12/29/2006 9:18PM - in reply to somewhatfast Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Nope never said in all 23 pages. Good Job! Something new!
b moen
RE: You might be a runner if... 12/29/2006 9:36PM - in reply to easily amused Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
you watch the nike air commercial when the running shoe says he ran 5 miles and the basketball shoe is shocked and think , thats it?
easily amused
RE: You might be a runner if... 12/29/2006 9:51PM - in reply to b moen Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You like to challenge sprinters to a ladder workout (100-800 and back down)because they'll drop out before you get back to the sprints.
easily amused
RE: You might be a runner if... 12/30/2006 1:11AM - in reply to b moen Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
this is your only source of news.

(may have already been said, i forget and am too lazy to look it up)
echsRoadRunner
RE: You might be a runner if... 1/13/2007 12:21AM - in reply to easily amused Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
...the football team has shut up with insults because you ran three miles while they just ran one.

...you've finished your training run and the baseball team asks you to do a mile with them and you have to hold back b/c your warmdown pace is too fast for their workout.

...you wear white shirts to winter practice so you can win the "muddiest t-shirt" award.

...randomly start doing (sometimes slightly akward) stretches in public places because you feel sore or tight.

...you think nothing of stopping in some starbucks or gorcery store just to relieve yourself so you can run longer.

...you drove several hours to the state xc meet just to watch.

...went (or ran) to ANY running meet just to watch.

...can play the "chariots of fire" theme on your instrument of choice.

...you have been seen running in any weather at all hours of the day (and night)

...know how to run to your job/school/friends houses faster than you can drive.

...tried to convince your school's band director to take the band to a cross country meet.

...your teachers have stopped asking if "you have to race today"; they just let you leave.

...you know what all the colored lines and triangles on a track actually mean.

...rather than swap drinking tales, you prefer to compare funkyest runs to strange team events.

...you get sick of hearing "how far did you run today?" or "how fast can you run the mile?" (i know theses aren't original, but they are extreme pet peeves of mine)
Souf Tejas
RE: You might be a runner if... 1/13/2007 1:49AM - in reply to echsRoadRunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
you get a hard on when you see hills.
Brent
RE: You might be a runner if... 1/14/2007 5:02PM - in reply to somewhatfast Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

somewhatfast wrote:

I hope this one hasn't been said already. You might be a runner if you think Dean Karnazes sucks even though he ran 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 states.

Your're definitely not a runner if you think Dean Sucks.
You are just plain bitter and jeleous not to mention petty. Dean will always ROCK!!
about to snap
RE: You might be a runner if... 1/14/2007 5:21PM - in reply to Brent Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You kill yourself becauase you don't think you'll ever be able to run again.
Bum
RE: You might be a runner if... 1/14/2007 5:25PM - in reply to about to snap Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You take your heart rate after sex, just to see if you hit aerobic. I took it right after one that was so intense I thought I was going to pass out - 96. I was really dissapointed. I'm sure my wife loved that....
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 |