|Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 ||
...you watch the millrose games instead of the superbowl on feburary 5th
...you own every single book/movie ever made about running
...people ask you if cross country is when you ride horses
...you are attracted to girls who can break 5 in the mile
...you curse-off people who make fun of you while running because you know you can easily escape if they challenge you to something other than a race
...you've run with a hangover
...you have a poster of pre hanging on your ceiling that you look at in bed, even if your with a girl
...you dont ejaculate for a week before a big race because you convinced yourself it will somehow help
...your name in this forum is quentin cassidy
for the girls:
*Don't mind receiving or giving sweaty hugs to or from guys
*Have crushed on only hot track stars
* Wish you were as fast as nicole blood or any runner that makes FLs or the fastest runner in your section.
*Wish you could make nationals, but know you're kidding yourself.
*When you get injured go through major running withdrawal, and always bitch, moan and cry about how much you miss it and all your hard training for you "supposed to be breakout season" is down the drain.
*You aren't grossed out when guys from your team puke near or in front of you.
*Wished you were a twig but will never be
*Take more dumps than anyone in your house, even your brother or dad
* Wish that in teen magazines in the "traumarama" section some running horror stories get in, but never ever do :(
*Track meets take up your friday nights or saturdays and you're fine with that, that's your way to party
*Track meets are even better than slumber parties and you look forward to each track meet
*Wonder how your tight uniform makes your butt and chest look
*If a guy runs, he's AoK in your book
*Hate the sweaty bra stains while in the summer
*It doesn't matter how shitty your day was, when you get a PR that just made your day
*Some guy runners on your team or on another are cooler than your non-running bf
*Wondered for fun what runner you would date if you didn't have a bf
*When playing "M.A.S.H." with the girls on long bus rides, most of the "husbands" are track guys or track stars
* Wonder which runner you would marry to produce the fastest babies
*Laugh when girls in P.E. cry when you're told to run a mile
* Lap the preppy girls while jogging the mile while they decide which lap to walk
* People always say to you during school when they saw you run
* When younger girls on your team ask your mile time and after begrudgingly telling them, they say you're really fast even though you know you're nowhere close
oh, forgot some other stuff
* When girls don't run at or better than their PR, they get very pissed and sometimes throw hissy fits
* When we have our periods, running sucks, no matter how much we love it or how great of a runner we are. We don't want to deal with feeling cranky and sluggy and exhausted.
* We drool over guy runners with abs and the guys on the front page of Runner's World who are hot and have abs :)
* We think of dieting at one point to go faster, but say screw it and eat that ice cream.
* We do think that we are fat at one point when comparing ourselves to the twigs of amazing runners in our section or county, yes so cliche but so true.
* We wish all cocky b*tches who we have to run against should die by a trampede of runners with spikes
* There is at least one girl runner in our area taht every girl knows and hates her guts for their own reason.
* Girls can be real nasty to run against. Some talk trash off the track, some play dirty on it.
* We dislike outkicking our teammates unless we hate them.
* We loves gossip at track meets and on the buses.
* When we daydream we envision winning states and nationals and beasting the mile or w/e event we run.
****if you are talking to your girlfriend around 9:30 at night and say, "Hey I gotta get to sleep; got 2 miles before school in the morning."
****you wish you could just throw up and get it over with, because you know you will anyway.
****the banner on the screen of your cell phone has the word "mile" in it somewhere
****your car's license plate has the word "mile" in it somewhere
****you're sick with some really nasty cold and in bed and STILL consider running for a little while
Hey, and whoever said something about watching the Millrose games instead of the SuperBowl, HAHA i really did that too.
-Always wonder how good you'd be in sports like speed skating, rollerblade racing, and cycling.
-Think people on diets are idiots (just run)
-Never use a brand name when talking about shoes (ie: kennedy's, 2110s, Peg's...)
-Always leave out the two zeros when discussing your events and confuse your friends (ya i run the 16 and the 8)
-Instead of fighting, you challenge your friends to a "run to the death"
-You and your teammates compare definition of your quads instead of size of bicepts
- When you are looking to buy a house, the first thing you do is check it out on gmaps-pedometer to make sure there are some solid running routes around.
- Whenever you see a skinny dude (or gal) you wonder if they run and what their PR's are.
- When your coworkers come to you for advice on how to get faster/thinner by running, their eyes glaze over after about 2 minutes of your suggestions on how to improve (ie, miles, miles, and more miles).
You go through a box of Band-Aids without getting a single cut.
Your physical therapist or massage therapist is on speed dial.
You are constantly washing running clothes but have to go through piles of clothes on the floor to find work clothes each morning.
You think a black Timex Ironman watch goes with black tie dress.
You balk at the cost of everyday shoes and then spend $75 - $100 on a pair of running shoes that will only last 3 months and think you're getting a fabulous deal.
You have two eggs, two pieces of toast, a slice of cheese, a glass of juice, and a yogurt for breakfast and are still hungry by 11 AM.
An exciting date for you is going with your spouse to drive your 20 mile route for the next morning and plant sports drinks along the way.
Your family or friends sign up for "bike duty", to bike beside you during long runs so you don't have to carry anything you wouldn't carry during a race.
"Your family or friends sign up for "bike duty", to bike beside you during long runs so you don't have to carry anything you wouldn't carry during a race."
Here's where you lost us, "friends and family sign up for, "bike duty" ",, A control freak like you doesn't have friends or family, Mr. Koresh.