Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 |
dimwit
RE: You might be a runner if... 5/25/2004 3:58PM - in reply to night_runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
How can you possibly expect me to run two miles in 540? Geesh!
E-Wrecked
RE: You might be a runner if... 5/25/2004 4:08PM - in reply to kartelite Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Right on! I live on the stuff. It is amazing how balanced a diet you can have with cereal for breakfast and dinner.
Regarding the 3 steps between breaths, for those of us lucky to have (or have had) a significant other or at least a one-night stand, have you noticed how they take two or more breaths to your one?
I balance my despondence of break-ups by thinking of the free time I will have for training.

kartelite wrote:

You buy a box of cereal for each day of the week

On trips you gauge distance left by how many "long runs" it equals

4 minutes is a sacred duration of time

When you walk you take 3 steps as you exhale, 3 as you inhale...
chuddery
RE: You might be a runner if... 5/25/2004 5:31PM - in reply to LCXC Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Most of these I laughed at but couldn't relate, this one is definitely mine.
gav800
RE: You might be a runner if... 5/26/2004 3:13AM - in reply to chuddery Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
love these, how about this one:

You are sad enough to copy them into a word document and have a life ambition to complete every single task (eventhough some contradict each other).
psychorunnergirl
RE: You might be a runner if... 8/18/2004 6:38PM - in reply to gav800 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
you might be a runner if...
you ran 9 miles before prom and then wore your running shoes with your formal dress
you got bored during the prom so you did running drills in the hallway in that same dress and running shoes
your coaches have to force you not to run
you have scars all over your legs and you know which trails you were running when you got them
all week you look forward to running 10 miles
you have ever woken up at 2 am to run, just to know what it feels like
when teachers ask you to say something you like about yourself, you use the word masochistic
you do more pushups than the football players
after you have ran 6 miles, the football players challenge you to a mile race, and then they are mad when they are lapped by a girl
you feel like you are lazy if you only run once a day
you cheer when you find out you are doing hill repeats at cross country practice
you dream about running
you have contests with all the guys to see who has the most blisters on their feet
you scare doctors because your normal heart rate is so low
Hrm
RE: You might be a runner if... 8/18/2004 9:42PM - in reply to yoshida64 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

yoshida64 wrote:

"...people think it's a winter sport."
sorry to be stupid but I don't get this one, could someone explain it?

Long overdue...but my high school was lacrosse crazy. Between girls and boys we've won four state titles (I think) in one of the deeper lacrosse states in the country (New York). The JV lacrosse coach is the football coach, so if you want to play lacrosse you have to play football. Consequently, to stay in shape, we get 30 lacrosse players every winter for indoor track (some of whom play key roles on the 4x2 and 4x4 squads, but most of whom just dick around and take up hallway space).
RE: You might be a runner if... 9/3/2004 4:17PM - in reply to yoshida64 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
um actually i think they're talking about xc skiing

when i signed up for cross country i thought it was skiing.
sausage and cheese
RE: You might be a runner if... 9/3/2004 4:47PM - in reply to ... Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
flagpolewilly has pissed you off
Oregon East
RE: You might be a runner if... 9/3/2004 6:37PM - in reply to sausage and cheese Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
These are awesome. I can't wait to share them with my team!

OE
Sarah
RE: You might be a runner if... 9/5/2004 10:11PM - in reply to night_runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You might be a runner if your dog's name is Lasse Viren :O)
big guy
RE: You might be a runner if... 9/6/2004 6:24AM - in reply to night_runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

night_runner wrote:

Your 2 mile time is the same as your SAT score

Actually, I can break 16:00 pretty easily.
md
RE: You might be a runner if... 9/6/2004 9:53AM - in reply to big guy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
here's some for girls:

-you think your becoming fat when you can no longer fit into pants you wore in 7th grade
-you consider girls who where a bra with a b-cup to have very large boobs.
CUmiler
RE: You might be a runner if... 9/6/2004 7:06PM - in reply to md Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You've run in the airport while waiting for your flight
run'em into the ground!
RE: You might be a cross country runner if... (I stole most of these from the web) 9/6/2004 7:13PM - in reply to Steeplechase2000 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Way to be creative moron!
JEH
RE: You might be a runner if... 9/6/2004 7:13PM - in reply to CUmiler Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You could beat everyone at the mall at any distance... after a warm-up. However, when it's raining cats and dogs and everyone is sprinting to the car in the parking lot (ie. no warm-up), you get dusted by 300lb heavies.
jman
RE: You might be a runner if... 9/6/2004 7:26PM - in reply to JEH Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
When someone says, "Will you be able to help us (insert task here) on (insert date here) at (insert time here)." and your first thought to yourself is, "What time will I be running on this day and what kind of workout will it be." Then your answer to the party is dependent upon your running.

Also, when planning a vacation, the first thing you think about is when and where you will run.
If...
RE: You might be a runner if... 9/6/2004 7:35PM - in reply to jman Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
you like running and do it quite frequently
kipper2
RE: You might be a runner if... 9/24/2004 8:19PM - in reply to night_runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
you have the IMMENSE urge to punch your boss when she asks you how "track practice" is going after you've already told her at least 5 times already that it's cross country season and NOT track season, that's in the spring

DAMMIT I THAT!
kingofthehalf
RE: You might be a runner if... 9/25/2004 2:40AM - in reply to kipper2 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
...you know exactly where in the one health club in a 10 mile radius the 4 treadmills with a 15mph top speed are. and you can max them out during a workout on a particularly shitty day.
gav800
RE: You might be a runner if... 9/26/2004 12:14AM - in reply to kingofthehalf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
all your friends call you scrawny
you wear your cross trainers to parties
while at parties all you can think about is running
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 |