Pages: | 1 | 2 |
bloody bob
Reasons for peeing blood? 7/8/2005 8:04PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This happened to me last year but I was pretty sure it was just dehydration. Anyways, for the past 3 runs now I've been pissing blood. It doesn't hurt at all and the first time I thought it was just because I was dehydrated but I know for a fact that the past two times I was quite well hydrated. Anyone got some suggestions what it could be for a college age male. I'll probably be making an appointment monday to see my doc.
GBaby842
RE: Reasons for peeing blood? 7/8/2005 8:39PM - in reply to bloody bob Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
theres a good chance that something iswrong with your kidneys. im not trying to freak you out or anything but seeing a doctor would be your best choice.
wineturtle
RE: Reasons for peeing blood? 7/8/2005 10:10PM - in reply to bloody bob Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
topher the track
RE: Reasons for peeing blood? 7/9/2005 12:18AM - in reply to wineturtle Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Ah you must be the famous "WineColouredUrineTurtle"?
Po the Red One
RE: Reasons for peeing blood? 7/9/2005 4:38AM - in reply to bloody bob Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
kidney stones
another source
RE: Reasons for peeing blood? 7/9/2005 7:54AM - in reply to Po the Red One Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
hope this isn't the source of anyone's problem:

in a wrestling meet junior year of high school i took a kid down, but my "package" landed on his knee. i held on, screaming, until the ref gave me an injury timeout, also known as "blood time." and that's precisely what it was. i pissed blood for the next day and a half. however, i won the match after getting used to the pain. it was terrible but figured i was going to be dying regardless, so finished the match. luckily the kid sucked, and i had been going for a technical fall. weighed my options and pinned the kid and ran to the bathroom. took about 5 minutes for anything to come out, and when it did, it was a bright red-orange stream.

yeah, getting cracked in the balls sucks.
doc applebee
RE: Reasons for peeing blood? 7/9/2005 7:55AM - in reply to bloody bob Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
none of the reasons are ones that would let you avoid seeing a doctor. go see a doctor, pronto tonto.
nobody
RE: Reasons for peeing blood? 7/9/2005 8:05AM - in reply to bloody bob Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Is it really blood. Once I started peeing blood and it turned out to be ultra high concentrations of CPK. Although you noted you were well hydrated and high concentrations of CPK in the blood are associated with low hydration. Redefine your personal defninition well hydrated between now and the time you see your doc. If you can get a blood test before seeing a doctor, (I know sometimes its easier to get an appointment at a lab than with a doctor where I live in Europe) get the normal blood count and have them look for CPK (>????) in case I am getting its name wrong CPK is some kind of toxic element that come from excessive muscle breakdown in the body.
Canadian
RE: Reasons for peeing blood? 7/9/2005 9:24AM - in reply to bloody bob Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I experienced that many years ago, I think it has to do with hydration and hard running.It went away after the first few times.

bloody bob wrote:

This happened to me last year but I was pretty sure it was just dehydration. Anyways, for the past 3 runs now I've been pissing blood. It doesn't hurt at all and the first time I thought it was just because I was dehydrated but I know for a fact that the past two times I was quite well hydrated. Anyone got some suggestions what it could be for a college age male. I'll probably be making an appointment monday to see my doc.
nobody
RE: Reasons for peeing blood? 7/9/2005 10:14AM - in reply to nobody Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I should add that high CPK concentrations create more of a reddish cola color. Like if you mixed cola and grenadine than blood. Think If your pee meets this profile.
bloody bob
RE: Reasons for peeing blood? 7/9/2005 6:50PM - in reply to nobody Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm thinking that it is definately blood, at least it does seem quite like it although it could be CPK, it's not just dehydration because I did a long run when it was 90 and all kinds of runs when it was a really hot week and was fine, now that it's cooler though, this is starting to occur, it has now been 5 runs in a row, and only after my runs do I actually see the color change
skate
RE: Reasons for peeing blood? 7/9/2005 7:07PM - in reply to bloody bob Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Happened many times over the years, and it would be 3 to 8 urinations from pure blood, down to a slight pink shade

Went to the urologist a few times, had a scope inserted and into the bladder. (I think three very painful times) Two separate doctors could give no real explanation, perhaps dehydration? I was downing a ton of coffee and going on hard runs after an hour of heavy weights in the gym.

It has been 2 & 1/2 years now and all is good, I just try and stay more hydrated. Also it never hurt and as far as I know it never had any preceding symptoms.

The doctor did tell me that another runner once had the same issue and they found out he had bladder cancer, not trying to scare you, but unfortunatly you really should see the doc, I was a bit scared myself, but don't just ignore it.
tacer
RE: Reasons for peeing blood? 7/9/2005 9:04PM - in reply to skate Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
60 quarters
Hurricane Ditka
RE: Reasons for peeing blood? 7/9/2005 11:02PM - in reply to skate Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If you're from the Chicagoland area, dont go to the Elmhurst Hospital. Your penis has to fall off from blood loss before they do anything for ya.
Mr. Cheese
RE: Reasons for peeing blood? 7/10/2005 7:06AM - in reply to Hurricane Ditka Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
excessive masturbation
John_big_bad
RE: Reasons for peeing blood? 8/18/2006 5:30PM - in reply to Mr. Cheese Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Heavy exercise. Weights or Running or both.

Either that or you got cancer and you are going to die slowly and painfully.

:)

Mr. Cheese wrote:

excessive masturbation
correct sir
RE: Reasons for peeing blood? 8/18/2006 5:39PM - in reply to tacer Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

tacer wrote:

60 quarters

this is the correct answer, what a badass
jamminbaby
RE: Reasons for peeing blood? 8/18/2006 6:00PM - in reply to correct sir Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I peed blood once. I was playing soccer and the defender and I were both going for the ball. He inadvertently elbowed me to get positioning. I immediately grabbed my side and fell to the ground. I black out and woke up a few seconds later. I walked the sidelines and believe it or not I actually went back into the game. I came home after the game and had to take a piss, and wouldn't you know it I peed straight blood. Scariest thing in my life. I went to the doctors the next morning and found out that the guy ruptured my kidney. I was bleeding internally. I was in IT for a few weeks. Doc said I could've died if I didn't get medical attention.
My suggestion is get it checked out.
mladen
RE: Reasons for peeing blood? 8/23/2006 4:55AM - in reply to bloody bob Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hey i have been having problems, when i pee i get this burning sensation and when i pee its mostly urin but at the end like i see one or 2 drops red.. anyone know maybe what it could be i have been going to the gym a lot lately lifting weights, could that be the problem maybe?
inquisitor
RE: Reasons for peeing blood? 8/23/2006 8:54AM - in reply to mladen Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
torn penis tissue due to prince albert getting caught on boyfriends tongue ring. dont you hate that when it happens?!?!
Pages: | 1 | 2 |