Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |
Luke Duke
Yuppie Running vs. Blue Collar Running 10/18/2004 7:06PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
YUPPIE RUNNING vs. BLUE COLLAR RUNNING

TRAINING
YR- Daniels.
BCR- Lydiard.

SHOES
YR- Nike Shox.
BCR- Minimalist shoes.

GLOVES
YR- Pearl Izumi.
BCR- Wells Lamont.

PANTS
YR- Tights.
BCR- Long Johns under shorts/old pants over shorts.

HEART RATE MONITOR
YR- Polar HRM.
BCR- Two fingers on neck.

MASSAGE
YR- Twice a week.
BCR- Twice in a lifetime usu. with sex.

SPORTS DRINK
YR- Gatorade.
BCR- Coke/beer.

SPORTS BAR
YR- PowerBar/Clif Bar.
BCR- Little Debbie/Snickers.

SPORTS GEL
YR- GU/PowerGel.
BCR- Snot.

LD
Surprise!
RE: Yuppie Running vs. Blue Collar Running 10/18/2004 7:10PM - in reply to Luke Duke Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
HEART RATE MONITOR
YR- Polar HRM.
BCR- Two fingers on neck

classic
a little bit of both
RE: Yuppie Running vs. Blue Collar Running 10/18/2004 7:15PM - in reply to Luke Duke Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Very nice, Luke. One of the better threads I have seen in a while. I think you hit the nail on the head.
Surprise!
RE: Yuppie Running vs. Blue Collar Running 10/18/2004 7:23PM - in reply to a little bit of both Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
TRAINING GROUP
YR- John from accounting.
BCR- Me, myself and I.
ryanfrolic
RE: Yuppie Running vs. Blue Collar Running 10/18/2004 7:27PM - in reply to Surprise! Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Magazine subscription

YR - Runner's World
BCR - club international
B. Real
RE: Yuppie Running vs. Blue Collar Running 10/18/2004 7:27PM - in reply to Luke Duke Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Wells Lamont? If those aren't some variation on the little black cotton ones that get holes really quick, I'd say switch that. Plus the Nike Shox vs. minimalist really isn't a distinction between yuppie and blue collar. Yes shox are expensive, but who runs in those that's fast anyways? Zoom Elites are minimalist and they also aren't that cheap. Worth it to me anyways. The H Streets really aren't very cheap for how much is built into them.

Interesting though, not trying to knock you. Let's hear more.
Surprise!
RE: Yuppie Running vs. Blue Collar Running 10/18/2004 7:33PM - in reply to B. Real Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
CROSS TRAINING

YR: Kayaking
BCR: 20 beers at the sports bar
Surprise!
RE: Yuppie Running vs. Blue Collar Running 10/18/2004 7:37PM - in reply to Surprise! Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
COLLEGE:

YR: Stanford
BCR: New England Tractor Trailer Training School
Surprise!
RE: Yuppie Running vs. Blue Collar Running 10/18/2004 8:41PM - in reply to Surprise! Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Little help?
dc449
RE: Yuppie Running vs. Blue Collar Running 10/18/2004 8:44PM - in reply to Surprise! Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Mid run shit stop

YR - gas station bathroom

BCR - behind a tree
Surprise!
RE: Yuppie Running vs. Blue Collar Running 10/18/2004 8:46PM - in reply to dc449 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
FAVORITE BEER

YR: Aspen Edge
BCR: Schlitz
Mountain Man
RE: Yuppie Running vs. Blue Collar Running 10/18/2004 8:49PM - in reply to Surprise! Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Surprise! wrote:

FAVORITE BEER

YR: Aspen Edge
BCR: Schlitz

There's a difference between blue collar and white trash.
Surprise!
RE: Yuppie Running vs. Blue Collar Running 10/18/2004 8:50PM - in reply to Mountain Man Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Is Bud better?
gbs
RE: Yuppie Running vs. Blue Collar Running 10/18/2004 8:53PM - in reply to Mountain Man Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Running attire for 5K race on 50 degree day:

YR: UnderArmor parents bought you the night before

BCR: old t-Shirt from favorite saloon
Hrm
RE: Yuppie Running vs. Blue Collar Running 10/18/2004 8:56PM - in reply to gbs Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

gbs wrote:

Running attire for 5K race on 50 degree day:

YR: UnderArmor parents bought you the night before

BCR: old t-Shirt from favorite saloon

Girls' coach at my old HS was a weekend warrior on the roads: 2:4x marathon type.

His cold-weather attire: your old white tube socks with holes for the thumbs already provided by your toes. Worn on forearms.
Surprise!
RE: Yuppie Running vs. Blue Collar Running 10/18/2004 9:01PM - in reply to Hrm Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
GPS DEVICE

YR: Forerunner
BCR: Sun
bertha
RE: Yuppie Running vs. Blue Collar Running 10/18/2004 9:12PM - in reply to Surprise! Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You young f*ckers will eventually turn into yuppies. Don't denegrate it since you will soon be there.
Surprise!
RE: Yuppie Running vs. Blue Collar Running 10/18/2004 9:17PM - in reply to bertha Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Actually, I hate both groups. Hate. Hate. Hate.

Plus, I'm not young.
dyh
RE: Yuppie Running vs. Blue Collar Running 10/19/2004 12:47AM - in reply to Surprise! Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
what was that line from SLC punk? "i didn't sell out son, i bought in."
nuff said
RE: Yuppie Running vs. Blue Collar Running 1/1/2005 1:01AM - in reply to dyh Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Course of choice:

YR: Little traffic, get on the sidewalks
BCR: Little traffic. Run right on the line and if some f***er pulls out in front of you? Run over his hood!
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |
You Can't Go Wrong Buying Garmin 210/220 or 610/620 from LRC's Partner Amazon
Last Year's
Model

This Year's
Model

Last Year
Top of Line

This Year
Top of Line