Pages: | 1 | 2 |
East Coast Represent
Holy Crap, NJNYTC is no longer a B-list team 8/23/2013 4:45PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
http://njnytc.com/

Over the course of the summer, they got 4 new uys that will bring the club to the next level. Russell Brown, Robby Andrews, Donn Cabral, and Kyle Merber. Even before these guys, they had Mike Rutt who made the USA outdoor 800 final, and a slew of other guys that made it to USA finals. It's about time East Coast runners had a truly elite training group to join
Really meeley?
RE: Holy Crap, NJNYTC is no longer a B-list team 8/23/2013 4:51PM - in reply to East Coast Represent Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Sounds like the B team to me.
Ranking him accurately
RE: Holy Crap, NJNYTC is no longer a B-list team 8/23/2013 9:11PM - in reply to Really meeley? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
1500 and longer,

Salazar

Schumacher

NY/NJ

Rowlands

Wetmore

Furman Elite

Brooks

Indiana Elite

Zap Fitness

Nobody else.
look out for #3
RE: Holy Crap, NJNYTC is no longer a B-list team 8/23/2013 9:14PM - in reply to Ranking him accurately Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If Schumacher's group keeps under-performing like they did this summer, they might lose that #2 spot
WiT
RE: Holy Crap, NJNYTC is no longer a B-list team 8/23/2013 9:54PM - in reply to Ranking him accurately Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Ranking him accurately wrote:

Salazar

Schumacher

NY/NJ

Rowlands

Wetmore

Furman Elite

Brooks

Indiana Elite

Zap Fitness

Nobody else.

I do not follow the who's where enough nor the depth charts to do it myself so I shamelessly ask---

Want to take a shot at ranking them at
4x1500/mile-
DMR given a generic 45 flat guy if needed-
4x5000.
would a Marathon relay- say 1/8-1/8-1/4-1/2marathon be more telling of overall distance strength?
Not bringing much to the party am I- are there official unofficial marathon relay leg distances?

Maybe a XC guy wants to take a stab at them running 12/8 and 8/6Km as an open team.
72nSunny
RE: Holy Crap, NJNYTC is no longer a B-list team 8/24/2013 12:25AM - in reply to East Coast Represent Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Didn't Gag move back East to retire?
Seems like he is adding to his work load.
hog wash
RE: Holy Crap, NJNYTC is no longer a B-list team 8/24/2013 1:33AM - in reply to Ranking him accurately Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I fixed it for you.

1500 and longer,

Wetmore

Salazar

Vigil

Schumacher

NY/NJ

Rowlands

Furman Elite

Brooks

ASICs Aggies

Zap Fitness

Maybe Indiana Elite, Brad Hudson, and Scott Simmons second tier

Nobody else.
Hardloper
RE: Holy Crap, NJNYTC is no longer a B-list team 8/24/2013 1:37AM - in reply to hog wash Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

hog wash wrote:

I fixed it for you.

In what universe is Wetmore above Salazar?
hog wash
RE: Holy Crap, NJNYTC is no longer a B-list team 8/24/2013 1:56AM - in reply to Hardloper Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
A lot of top people feel that way, A lot more people washed out under Salazar than Wetmore. Salazar is under a cloud of doping suspicion and he uses foreign athletes. Wetmore says altitude tents are cheating and I agree with him, let alone the TUEs and god knows what else NOP is into. I'll add Bob Larson to the list though.

Hardloper wrote:

hog wash wrote:

I fixed it for you.

In what universe is Wetmore above Salazar?
table
RE: Holy Crap, NJNYTC is no longer a B-list team 8/24/2013 5:44AM - in reply to hog wash Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It is awesome to see another club really showing off some great athletes. And this new crop of runners are young with potential.

Finally, Robby Andrews got with a solid mid-D team and training group.
Can you clarify this
RE: Holy Crap, NJNYTC is no longer a B-list team 8/24/2013 6:16AM - in reply to hog wash Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
[quote]hog wash wrote:

... Wetmore says altitude tents are cheating and I agree with him, ...
[quote]

Not to hijack the thread, but what is the background on this? Why does Wetmore consider an altitude tent cheating?
Good to consider
RE: Holy Crap, NJNYTC is no longer a B-list team 8/24/2013 7:40AM - in reply to 72nSunny Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i will try 4 x 1500

Salazar
Mo 328, Rupp 334, Ulrey 335, and Centeo 333
Very long time since Ulrey ran that.

Schumacher
Lamong 333, Jager 336, bumbalough 337, and Heath 338

Rowland's
Wheating 330, Blankenship 336, Tmac 334, and Symonds 334
Been a long time since Wheating ran that.

Ny/nj
Andrews 334, several at 338, can't call Merber 335 until he breaks 338 again.

Furman Elite
Leslie 334, Bolas 335, See 335, not sure who else they've added this summer?

Indiana Elite
Couple at 340. Hear Bayer and Poore are not a part of group.

Looking back, Rowlands ahead of Schumacher in order for sure.

Zap Fitness, Brooks, Hansons, etc don't have sub 340 guys?
Not sure of their rosters.
themanontherun
RE: Holy Crap, NJNYTC is no longer a B-list team 8/24/2013 8:24AM - in reply to hog wash Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

hog wash wrote:

Wetmore says altitude tents are cheating

Pretty easy to make that claim when you coach out of Colorado...
txcrfyv
RE: Holy Crap, NJNYTC is no longer a B-list team 8/24/2013 8:29AM - in reply to Can you clarify this Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Can you clarify this wrote:

[quote]hog wash wrote:

... Wetmore says altitude tents are cheating and I agree with him, ...
[quote]

Not to hijack the thread, but what is the background on this? Why does Wetmore consider an altitude tent cheating?

It's something he said back in '05 when the WADA was considering the legality of altitude tents. Their prohibited practices list for that year banned all means of "Artificially enhancing the uptake, transport or delivery of oxygen, including but not limited to perfluorochemicals, efaproxiral (RSR13) and modified haemoglobin products."

Wetmore was asked about altitude tents and said "Could it be any clearer than that? I don't think it could be. What the chambers are designed to do does not practically exist anywhere in nature. It's an artificial gain."

Now that it's 8 years later and altitude tents and rooms have been given the stamp of approval, I don't know if he would feel exactly the same.
Penry
RE: Holy Crap, NJNYTC is no longer a B-list team 8/24/2013 8:56AM - in reply to 72nSunny Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

72nSunny wrote:

Didn't Gag move back East to retire?
Seems like he is adding to his work load.

Itstead of retiring, it looks like he formed OTC east coast.

Solinsky has run 3:35, and Tegenkamp has run 3:34 to add to the list for Schumacher, but they also ran those times a few years ago and don't seem to be in that type of shape anymore.
abcdefghij
RE: Holy Crap, NJNYTC is no longer a B-list team 8/24/2013 9:09AM - in reply to Penry Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
NYNJ has some pretty fast women too, including USA champ in the 5K last year
george oscar bluth
RE: Holy Crap, NJNYTC is no longer a B-list team 8/24/2013 9:14AM - in reply to Ranking him accurately Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

1500 and longer,

Salazar

Schumacher

NY/NJ

Rowlands

Wetmore

Furman Elite

Brooks

Indiana Elite

Zap Fitness

Nobody else.

Ron Warhurst's group? Willis 3:30,.Brannen 3:34, Clark 3:57, ????
txcrfyv
RE: Holy Crap, NJNYTC is no longer a B-list team 8/24/2013 9:30AM - in reply to george oscar bluth Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

george oscar bluth wrote:

1500 and longer,

Salazar

Schumacher

NY/NJ

Rowlands

Wetmore

Furman Elite

Brooks

Indiana Elite

Zap Fitness

Nobody else.

Ron Warhurst's group? Willis 3:30,.Brannen 3:34, Clark 3:57, ????

Will Leer 3:35, Lee Emmanuel 3:36, 3:39/13:25
txcrfyv
RE: Holy Crap, NJNYTC is no longer a B-list team 8/24/2013 9:30AM - in reply to txcrfyv Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Oops, that third one was supposed to be Brandon Bethke.
Beavus
RE: Holy Crap, NJNYTC is no longer a B-list team 8/24/2013 10:38AM - in reply to Good to consider Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Good to consider wrote:

i will try 4 x 1500

Salazar
Mo 328, Rupp 334, Ulrey 335, and Centeo 333
Very long time since Ulrey ran that.

Schumacher
Lamong 333, Jager 336, bumbalough 337, Heath 338, and ALAN WEBB 3:30!!!!!! HE'S COMING BACK BABY

Rowland's
Wheating 330, Blankenship 336, Tmac 334, and Symonds 334
Been a long time since Wheating ran that.

Ny/nj
Andrews 334, several at 338, can't call Merber 335 until he breaks 338 again.

Furman Elite
Leslie 334, Bolas 335, See 335, not sure who else they've added this summer?

Indiana Elite
Couple at 340. Hear Bayer and Poore are not a part of group.

Looking back, Rowlands ahead of Schumacher in order for sure.

Zap Fitness, Brooks, Hansons, etc don't have sub 340 guys?
Not sure of their rosters.

Fixed it for you.
Pages: | 1 | 2 |