Pages: | 1 | 2 |
Middle Distance Coach
Cain will be back and will be a force to content with in RIO 2016 8/15/2013 7:32PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
She will only improve. Reminds me very much of where Jim Ryun was in '64. By '67 he completely dominated the world. Don't know if Cain will be world dominant in three years, but she'll be damned competitive (think Jenny S.).
zac
RE: Cain will be back and will be a force to content with in RIO 2016 8/15/2013 7:37PM - in reply to Middle Distance Coach Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Who?
what?!
RE: Cain will be back and will be a force to content with in RIO 2016 8/15/2013 7:42PM - in reply to Middle Distance Coach Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Middle Distance Coach wrote:

She will only improve. Reminds me very much of where Jim Ryun was in '64. By '67 he completely dominated the world. Don't know if Cain will be world dominant in three years, but she'll be damned competitive (think Jenny S.).


You don't say?

Thanks for pointing out the obvious.
75f@^(
RE: Cain will be back and will be a force to content with in RIO 2016 8/15/2013 7:46PM - in reply to zac Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Like letting a very good high school pitcher pitch against the Boston Red Sox. Nice show, but what's the deal with rushing the kid into the big time?
*
RE: Cain will be back and will be a force to content with in RIO 2016 8/15/2013 7:52PM - in reply to 75f@^( Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I don't think she was rushed to the big time.
She just ran to the level of competition that her abilities took her to.
Track is objective. You can clearly see what level a runner is at in comparison to others.
burnt out already
RE: Cain will be back and will be a force to content with in RIO 2016 8/15/2013 8:12PM - in reply to * Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I predict she will never break 4:04 in the 1500 or 2 mins in the 800 again.
ritzy635
RE: Cain will be back and will be a force to content with in RIO 2016 8/15/2013 8:17PM - in reply to Middle Distance Coach Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
will she win an ncaa cross title?
obummer
RE: Cain will be back and will be a force to content with in RIO 2016 8/15/2013 8:30PM - in reply to Middle Distance Coach Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
she will be content with waiting 3 years for rio?
800 dude
RE: Cain will be back and will be a force to content with in RIO 2016 8/15/2013 8:50PM - in reply to * Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

* wrote:

I don't think she was rushed to the big time.
She just ran to the level of competition that her abilities took her to.
Track is objective. You can clearly see what level a runner is at in comparison to others.


Thank you.

I honestly think that the people who talk about pushing her too far ahead are just misapplying their experience with team sports, where it is indeed possible to put a young phenom in a situation that's too much for them.

Cain just kept running races and organically finding herself at a higher and higher level. What was she supposed to do? Not run USAs even though she had qualified? Was she supposed to turn down the trip to Moscow after she made the team? Should she have scratched before the final because she wasn't ready yet?
Basic_English
RE: Cain will be back and will be a force to content with in RIO 2016 8/15/2013 10:22PM - in reply to Middle Distance Coach Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
How about a force to CONTEND with? Jeeez.....
Damn the English
RE: Cain will be back and will be a force to content with in RIO 2016 8/15/2013 10:30PM - in reply to Basic_English Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Basic_English wrote:

How about a force to CONTEND with? Jeeez.....


What he's saying is Cain will be content to be a force to contend with in Rio. I thought that was pretty clear.
SMJO
RE: Cain will be back and will be a force to content with in RIO 2016 8/15/2013 10:39PM - in reply to Damn the English Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Nobody is going to be content, that's for sure.
RuppNation
RE: Cain will be back and will be a force to content with in RIO 2016 8/15/2013 10:47PM - in reply to burnt out already Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

burnt out already wrote:

I predict she will never break 4:04 in the 1500 or 2 mins in the 800 again.


You mad that she's faster than you?
NCAA?
RE: Cain will be back and will be a force to content with in RIO 2016 8/15/2013 11:10PM - in reply to ritzy635 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
"Will she even run in the NCAA?" is a better question. Honestly, the debate of whether she will win an NCAA cross title should not really be much of a debate IF she runs in the NCAA. Honestly, in my opinion, it would be dumb for her not to go pro soon and make the most of her running career while she can start young. She will be able to be making a career out of running for a longer period of her life. At a certain point her body will simply not be capable of performing at a level that is high enough for her to be sponsored. Does anyone have an idea of whether she is most likely to go pro or not? She still sticks with Salazar if she goes pro, which is another huge pro to her not joining the NCAA.
Middle Distance Analyst
RE: Cain will be back and will be a force to content with in RIO 2016 8/15/2013 11:44PM - in reply to NCAA? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

NCAA? wrote:

"Will she even run in the NCAA?" is a better question. Honestly, the debate of whether she will win an NCAA cross title should not really be much of a debate IF she runs in the NCAA. Honestly, in my opinion, it would be dumb for her not to go pro soon and make the most of her running career while she can start young. She will be able to be making a career out of running for a longer period of her life. At a certain point her body will simply not be capable of performing at a level that is high enough for her to be sponsored. Does anyone have an idea of whether she is most likely to go pro or not? She still sticks with Salazar if she goes pro, which is another huge pro to her not joining the NCAA.


If Cain continues to improve next year, I think you can safely conclude she will not run in the NCAA. She's already hooked up with AlSal, and she's certainly not going to end that relationship anytime soon, if ever. I would say 85%+ chance she goes pro. And that's what some very good sources have told me as well.
obummer
RE: Cain will be back and will be a force to content with in RIO 2016 8/15/2013 11:46PM - in reply to Middle Distance Analyst Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i want to see her dip under 3:59.9 and break the ncaa record while still in high school.
Oh boy.....
RE: Cain will be back and will be a force to content with in RIO 2016 8/16/2013 12:00AM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

kgpremed12 wrote:

I predict she will be like Hasay, everyone was SURE Hasay was the future phenom of the sport. Hasay went to college and performed mediocrely, and is pretty much mediocre now. Cain probably wants the college experience and to w'h'ore around a bit and run after boys but who can blame her.


There's absolutely no comparison to HS Hasay v. HS Cain. Cain is in a whole other league, light years ahead of where Hasay was in HS.
Your Worst Nightmare
RE: Cain will be back and will be a force to content with in RIO 2016 8/16/2013 12:01AM - in reply to obummer Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

obummer wrote:

she will be content with waiting 3 years for rio?


Ummm, along with enrolling at Princeton and becoming an NCAA Division 1 phenom at the Ivy League, Regional and National Level. For four years!
Former NAIA All American
RE: Cain will be back and will be a force to content with in RIO 2016 8/16/2013 12:08AM - in reply to Your Worst Nightmare Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Your Worst Nightmare wrote:


obummer wrote:

she will be content with waiting 3 years for rio?


Ummm, along with enrolling at Princeton and becoming an NCAA Division 1 phenom at the Ivy League, Regional and National Level. For four years!


Forget it about guys. Zero chance Cain is going to leave Salazar for some bush league NCAA coach.
DedicatedRunner
RE: Cain will be back and will be a force to content with in RIO 2016 8/16/2013 12:46AM - in reply to Middle Distance Coach Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If she does go to college to compete, I hope it is not for a program who is vying for national indoor/outdoor championships. That will burn her out the it almost did for Hasay. Hasay was good-natured about it because she did have team spirit. But to compete for that many months did not do her any good.
Pages: | 1 | 2 |