Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
crazy raisin
MARY CAIN - 4:04 FROM LANE 2 THE WHOLE WAY!!!! 8/13/2013 11:45AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Surely through to the final!!!
crazy raisin
RE: MARY CAIN - 4:04 FROM LANE 2 THE WHOLE WAY!!!! 8/13/2013 11:47AM - in reply to crazy raisin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
4:05.21 officially. I didn't see her step into lane 1 once and several times moved even further out. Ventolin was right - she could break 4.
keanu
RE: MARY CAIN - 4:04 FROM LANE 2 THE WHOLE WAY!!!! 8/13/2013 11:48AM - in reply to crazy raisin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
god her tactics are terrible. she needs to learn how to tuck in and run fewer meters
My oh my
RE: MARY CAIN - 4:04 FROM LANE 2 THE WHOLE WAY!!!! 8/13/2013 11:49AM - in reply to crazy raisin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
WOW ! WOW !! WOW !!

She was in lane 2 and 3 throughout the entire race (so many tactical mistakes) and yet she managed to pretty much tie with her personal best of 4:04.

This girl is going to be one hell of a beast in a couple of years !!!!
crazy raisin
RE: MARY CAIN - 4:04 FROM LANE 2 THE WHOLE WAY!!!! 8/13/2013 11:51AM - in reply to keanu Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

keanu wrote:

god her tactics are terrible. she needs to learn how to tuck in and run fewer meters
True - the first lap was a 63 and she was running on the outside right near the lead. She could have tucked in the back and run a 64-65 and saved a lot more energy.
Wow!
RE: MARY CAIN - 4:04 FROM LANE 2 THE WHOLE WAY!!!! 8/13/2013 11:52AM - in reply to My oh my Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

My oh my wrote:

WOW ! WOW !! WOW !!


This. :)
Fear
RE: MARY CAIN - 4:04 FROM LANE 2 THE WHOLE WAY!!!! 8/13/2013 11:55AM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I think there is a lot of jealousy and lack of respect with the other women and the potential for some dirty moves to be made if Cain tries to move into lane 1. So playing it safe and running a few extra steps in lane 2 is not a bad choice on her part.

Wheating Races like this too but that's because he is kind of a big doofus.
113
RE: MARY CAIN - 4:04 FROM LANE 2 THE WHOLE WAY!!!! 8/13/2013 11:57AM - in reply to keanu Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

keanu wrote:

god her tactics are terrible. she needs to learn how to tuck in and run fewer meters


I'm going to go out on a limb and say that her tactics are probably fine. She's in high school and she just qualified for a WC final. Not sure what more you can ask for.
GIS Analyst
RE: MARY CAIN - 4:04 FROM LANE 2 THE WHOLE WAY!!!! 8/13/2013 12:02PM - in reply to 113 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I missed heat 1. Does anyone have video?
Old Man Runner
RE: MARY CAIN - 4:04 FROM LANE 2 THE WHOLE WAY!!!! 8/13/2013 12:03PM - in reply to 113 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

113 wrote:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that her tactics are probably fine. She's in high school and she just qualified for a WC final. Not sure what more you can ask for.


^^^^^This
This sucks
RE: MARY CAIN - 4:04 FROM LANE 2 THE WHOLE WAY!!!! 8/13/2013 12:04PM - in reply to crazy raisin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

crazy raisin wrote:

4:05.21 officially. I didn't see her step into lane 1 once and several times moved even further out. Ventolin was right - she could break 4.



What a genius he is. No s*it she could break 4.
agip
RE: MARY CAIN - 4:04 FROM LANE 2 THE WHOLE WAY!!!! 8/13/2013 12:07PM - in reply to This sucks Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
probably what happened is that MC and Al Sal decided to go to the front this time. BUT they didn't count on a first 200 meters in 31 and first 400 in 63. She didn't want to run a 62 second first 400, but she didn't want to fade back either. So she was stranded out in lane 2/3.

She probably should have moved up when the pace slowed at around 1k, but whatever - it worked.
tell me stories
RE: MARY CAIN - 4:04 FROM LANE 2 THE WHOLE WAY!!!! 8/13/2013 12:12PM - in reply to agip Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Are you people serious? I stay as far away from the inside of lane 1 as possible.

Outside of lane 1/inside of lane 2 is the best place to be.
Added Perspective
RE: MARY CAIN - 4:04 FROM LANE 2 THE WHOLE WAY!!!! 8/13/2013 12:19PM - in reply to crazy raisin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

crazy raisin wrote:

Ventolin was right - she could break 4.


She is a remarkable talent, but that's probably getting carried away. There is a big difference between running 4:05-ish and running 3:59!
No Way
RE: MARY CAIN - 4:04 FROM LANE 2 THE WHOLE WAY!!!! 8/13/2013 12:23PM - in reply to tell me stories Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Especially in a tactical 1500


tell me stories wrote:

Are you people serious? I stay as far away from the inside of lane 1 as possible.

Outside of lane 1/inside of lane 2 is the best place to be.
Glenn Rupp
RE: MARY CAIN - 4:04 FROM LANE 2 THE WHOLE WAY!!!! 8/13/2013 12:30PM - in reply to tell me stories Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Same, otherwise that's an opportunity to get boxed in
Cain OK
RE: MARY CAIN - 4:04 FROM LANE 2 THE WHOLE WAY!!!! 8/13/2013 12:31PM - in reply to agip Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

agip wrote:

probably what happened is that MC and Al Sal decided to go to the front this time. BUT they didn't count on a first 200 meters in 31 and first 400 in 63. She didn't want to run a 62 second first 400, but she didn't want to fade back either. So she was stranded out in lane 2/3.

She probably should have moved up when the pace slowed at around 1k, but whatever - it worked.


Yep. Looked like she was trying to stay among the first five AND get to the rail, but there was No Vacancy there. All in all, her best raced 1500 so far. This heat was more aggressively raced than I expected.
crazy raisin
RE: MARY CAIN - 4:04 FROM LANE 2 THE WHOLE WAY!!!! 8/13/2013 12:32PM - in reply to Added Perspective Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Added Perspective wrote:


crazy raisin wrote:

Ventolin was right - she could break 4.


She is a remarkable talent, but that's probably getting carried away. There is a big difference between running 4:05-ish and running 3:59!
I figure she averaged 1m outside of where she'd be in a time trial. 1m * pi * 7 turns = 22 meters extra, ergo 4 seconds. (I didn't know the official time.) So it's not quite there but it's awfully close. They also went 63 / 69 for the first two laps.
Bill Huntington
RE: MARY CAIN - 4:04 FROM LANE 2 THE WHOLE WAY!!!! 8/13/2013 12:34PM - in reply to Cain OK Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You know that picture LRC loves to show of Cain way behind Kipyegon at Juniors? In other words, she is way behind other countries. Well, she's closed the gap!
crazy raisin
RE: MARY CAIN - 4:04 FROM LANE 2 THE WHOLE WAY!!!! 8/13/2013 12:34PM - in reply to tell me stories Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

tell me stories wrote:

Are you people serious? I stay as far away from the inside of lane 1 as possible.

Outside of lane 1/inside of lane 2 is the best place to be.
And what races did you win?

Mo Farah stays on the inside as much as possible - not the whole time, but he starts out in the very back, on the inside, and when he goes up front he hogs the inside and doesn't let anyone pass, forcing them into lane two.

There are plenty of tactics to win a race but I think Mo's are much better than Cain's.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |