rojo
co-founder
Ben True's new training partner is....... Sam Chelanga 8/2/2013 10:01PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Via twitter from Ben True:

Ben True ‏@bentrue

The first of many miles run, new training partners unite. Hanover just got faster. Welcome @SamChelanga pic.twitter.com/2hYJtWZ11Z

Let's hope they don't stay in NH in the winter. Has Chelanga ever experienced a New England winter?
J.R.
RE: Ben True's new training partner is....... Sam Chelanga 8/2/2013 10:05PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
That's great.
The Waterboy
RE: Ben True's new training partner is....... Sam Chelanga 8/2/2013 10:06PM - in reply to J.R. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What's up with Chelenga? I know he was injured this year, but even before that: the dude runs 27:06 while still in College (same race as Solinsky's 26:59), then hasn't run anything even close to that kind of fitness in recent years.
reed
RE: Ben True's new training partner is....... Sam Chelanga 8/2/2013 11:33PM - in reply to The Waterboy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
didnt he run 13:09 in 2011
Bubbadeeboo
RE: Ben True's new training partner is....... Sam Chelanga 8/2/2013 11:43PM - in reply to The Waterboy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I believe he ran a couple 61:xx HMs... And I think he's was in the backeound in the Mo v Geb (sans shoe) 3k, and I think I recall a tweet about him becomig a father.
Y
RE: Ben True's new training partner is....... Sam Chelanga 8/3/2013 10:18AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Sam is awesome. Great for Ben to have such a great training partner. By the way, does anyone remember sam's YouTube channel Kiprengeng? Had some funny stuff on it.
ignorant turd
RE: Ben True's new training partner is....... Sam Chelanga 8/3/2013 10:48AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
So Sam is NOT with the OTC anymore? Is he still with Nike? Ben is coached by Coogan iirc, and is Saucony sponsored. Interesting pairing.
Kenyano
RE: Ben True's new training partner is....... Sam Chelanga 8/3/2013 9:14PM - in reply to Y Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Y wrote:

Sam is awesome. Great for Ben to have such a great training partner. By the way, does anyone remember sam's YouTube channel Kiprengeng? Had some funny stuff on it.

Hi Y,
Can you provide the link to Sam's YouTube channel?
RuppNation
RE: Ben True's new training partner is....... Sam Chelanga 8/3/2013 9:37PM - in reply to reed Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

reed wrote:

didnt he run 13:09 in 2011

2012 Pre Classic
Dudas McGrudas
RE: Ben True's new training partner is....... Sam Chelanga 8/3/2013 11:30PM - in reply to Kenyano Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Kenyano wrote:

Y wrote:

Hi Y,
Can you provide the link to Sam's YouTube channel?

Can you stop being so lazy and type "Kiprengeng" into youtube?
table
RE: Ben True's new training partner is....... Sam Chelanga 8/4/2013 5:48AM - in reply to Dudas McGrudas Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Chelenga is a husband and a father now, for the person who wasn't sure. Ben true trained in Florida last winter so I am guessing he and Sam will do something similar. You can train in a new England winter, but it isn't nearly as productive as heading to more tempid weather in the south.