Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
Speedfirst
Gatlin to dethrone Bolt in Moscow 7/31/2013 11:34AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
After reading the Gatlin thread last night, and speaking to some serious people in the know on this forum via email, I'm 100% certain Gatlin will win in Moscow.

I don't know who "Thesource" was, but I have also been told, that Gatlin has clocked 9.5/9.6 in training numerous times in training within the last 5 days.

I believe that even if Bolt Turns up 100% race ready, he will still have no answer to Gatlin.

I'm calling it now

Gatlin 9.54
Bolt 9.78
dasloulu 9.89
Sprintgeezer
RE: Gatlin to dethrone Bolt in Moscow 7/31/2013 11:37AM - in reply to Speedfirst Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering what has happened to everybody else, there is at least an even possibility that Gatlin "goes down" before the Moscow final.
Frogger
RE: Gatlin to dethrone Bolt in Moscow 7/31/2013 11:43AM - in reply to Speedfirst Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If Gatlin runs 9.54 he will fail a drug test very shortly afterwards
Speedfirst
RE: Gatlin to dethrone Bolt in Moscow 7/31/2013 11:47AM - in reply to Sprintgeezer Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Gat is innocent until proven guilty. Only he and God knows whether he's guilty or not.

He doesn't have to answer to your accusations, he only has to answer to god.

Again. he's innocent until proven guilty, so if and when he does run the sort of times he's been running in training, they will be viewed as clean times.

Gat 9.54
Bolt 9.78
Dasoulou 9.89
Sprintgeezer
RE: Gatlin to dethrone Bolt in Moscow 7/31/2013 11:53AM - in reply to Speedfirst Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hilarious!
greatstufy
RE: Gatlin to dethrone Bolt in Moscow 7/31/2013 12:03PM - in reply to Sprintgeezer Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Never liked Gatlin...however would not mind him out leaning the GOD of the universe.
Raptured
RE: Gatlin to dethrone Bolt in Moscow 7/31/2013 12:07PM - in reply to greatstufy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Not a chance. Hahahahaha.
Putter in place
RE: Gatlin to dethrone Bolt in Moscow 7/31/2013 12:07PM - in reply to greatstufy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Knucklehead, God is already at the start and finish lines.
Sprintgeezer
RE: Gatlin to dethrone Bolt in Moscow 7/31/2013 12:10PM - in reply to greatstufy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
There is nothing, NOTHING I would like to see more than some a-hole other than Bolt come along and break the 100m WR, especially since the IAAF house-cleaning that has occurred.

It doesn't even have to be Gatlin, it could be anybody.

I can just hear all the IAAF cellphones ringing all over the world, and imagine the dry cleaning bills that would result.

But, maybe sadly, there is no chance.

I might prefer the absurdity--after all, if track is a farce, at least it should be maximally farcical!
reed
RE: Gatlin to dethrone Bolt in Moscow 7/31/2013 12:11PM - in reply to Speedfirst Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
nobody but bolt will run faster than 9.80
Thesource
RE: Gatlin to dethrone Bolt in Moscow 7/31/2013 12:19PM - in reply to Speedfirst Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i made a thread about this last night. i was actually told by people working with justin and the coach. i was only told 9.6 though. who are you sources? we mightn no the same people
justin wont get caught. after the recent busts his handlers changed his programme and is now on a coctail of undected new desinger steroids purchased form the houston hub.
yyy
RE: Gatlin to dethrone Bolt in Moscow 7/31/2013 1:03PM - in reply to Speedfirst Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Agree entirely!!
had to be said
RE: Gatlin to dethrone Bolt in Moscow 7/31/2013 1:22PM - in reply to Speedfirst Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Speedfirst wrote:

After reading the Gatlin thread last night, and speaking to some serious people in the know on this forum via email, I'm 100% certain Gatlin will win in Moscow.

I don't know who "Thesource" was, but I have also been told, that Gatlin has clocked 9.5/9.6 in training numerous times in training within the last 5 days.

I believe that even if Bolt Turns up 100% race ready, he will still have no answer to Gatlin.

I'm calling it now

Gatlin 9.54
Bolt 9.78
dasloulu 9.89

Was he wearing trainers?
Did he look relaxed?
coach d
RE: Gatlin to dethrone Bolt in Moscow 7/31/2013 1:30PM - in reply to Sprintgeezer Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What I'm wondering is if Gatlin will run "clean" faster than the 9.77 he ran "dirty."

Yes, I'm implying what you think I'm implying.
Hear me out bro
RE: Gatlin to dethrone Bolt in Moscow 7/31/2013 1:53PM - in reply to coach d Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Gatlin was always clean. Brutha was framed.
coach d
RE: Gatlin to dethrone Bolt in Moscow 7/31/2013 1:58PM - in reply to Hear me out bro Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
That IS a possibility. We know that he was tested at the Kansas Relays with tightened t/e ratios, and whatever happened to that rubbing cream is still suspicious. We know that USADA needed testimony from Gatlin to nail Trevor Graham.

To state nthe obvious, Gatlin running "clean" faster than he ran "dirty" would not look good for the testers.
RunWild
RE: Gatlin to dethrone Bolt in Moscow 7/31/2013 2:03PM - in reply to Speedfirst Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Agreed with some of the other posters, Gaitlin WILL test positive if he even sniffs 9.58

On the other hand, Bolt will 'remain clean' if he breaks 9.40, something he has shown absolutely no sign of doing this year.

Having said that, I hope Gaitlin beats Bolt after Lamane Diack's statements a few days ago about Bolt being TnF.
Top star?
RE: Gatlin to dethrone Bolt in Moscow 7/31/2013 2:44PM - in reply to Hear me out bro Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Hear me out bro wrote:

Gatlin was always clean. Brutha was framed.

was he now...
Thesource
RE: Gatlin to dethrone Bolt in Moscow 7/31/2013 3:05PM - in reply to Hear me out bro Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
you fools. Gatlin hasnt been clean since december 2010. dennis put him on a mild course from dec to feb for part of his base didnt quite work out for him in 2011 due to injury. boosted the dosage in off season 2012 and has now changed his coctail of drugs 3/4 weeks before moscow to the new strain of undetectable designer steroids created at the houston lab. justin is apparently the only athletes on these drugs at the moment. moscow will be the pitch if you like for the houston hub.
TrackCoach
RE: Gatlin to dethrone Bolt in Moscow 7/31/2013 3:06PM - in reply to coach d Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

coach d wrote:

What I'm wondering is if Gatlin will run "clean" faster than the 9.77 he ran "dirty."

Yes, I'm implying what you think I'm implying.

I highly doubt a man of sane mind would have the 4 most productive years of his career and his good name taken away because of drugs and go right back to taking drugs. Gatlin paid a heavy price and through the grace of God, pure luck, sheer determination or whatever you want to call it, he manage to get his career & life back. Would he risk destroying it again? When Gatlin was doing drugs he was not under a microscope and got caught and so did most of his cohorts, now he is definitely under a microscope...is it remotely possible that anyone could be that in adverse to risk, that deceptive, deceitful and that stupid enough to still be on PEDs again. (Is Gatlin clean...do pigs love slop?) Gatlin like Marion Jones and Usain Bolt, did not or do not need drugs to run fast, they were always fast and we always knew they were going to be great. Perhaps not as dominate as they became, but they had the superior talent to do great things.

Unless Bolt can get back down to the crazy times of old-Bolt, Gatlin is going to give him a run for his money. USATFís was not a 100% effort for Gatlin; he had an injury and just wanted to make the team. Look at the USATF Champ video, he got out of the blocks well, ran somewhat cautiously during his drive phase and when he felt Tyson come up on him, he accepted defeat. If Bolt comes into the WCs looking anything like old-Bolt and even if he gets a less than good start, he will walk Gatlin down like Tyson did at USATFs and with a good start, it will look like a man against boys. After all, Bolt has a PR that thatís almost 2/10th faster than anyone else in the field and for you distance types that would be like a 3:28 1500m runners against a field of 3:35 guys. A lot of things would have to go wrong for that type advantage to be overcome.

Now, with all of that said, there are only 3 athletes who have shown the capability to beat the new-Bolt, 2 of those athletes will not be competing and Gatlin is the third. A few things, if you go back as far as high school and peruse Gatlinís resume, you will see that he has always been a great competitor and has shown consistency and the ability to run fast when it really counts. Gatlin is technically very good in all phases of the 100m; he is always fit because he is a training fanatic; Gatlin knows how to manage rounds; he almost never false starts or fail to make a finalÖGatlin simply needs to be healthy and get the type of Bolt thatís only slightly better than what we saw last week and he will be your 100m WC champion. A final note, if you look at all of the top sprinters who are around Gatlinís age, Collins, Powell, Gay, Frater and Carter, etc., Gatlin use to beat all of them before he was associated with PEDs. When the 8 athletes line up in Moscow for the 100m final, I will have more confidence that Gatlin clean than any of them.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |