LetsRun.com
your benevolent dictator
Meb, Ryan Hall, Kara Goucher + Julie Culley, Amy Hastings, Janet Bawcom, Hartmann and Other All Running NYC 2013 7/30/2013 9:56AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
NYC announced a slew of Americans running this year's marathon led by Meb, Ryan Hall and Kara Goucher.

Full release hee:
http://www.letsrun.com/news/2013/07/americans-meb-keflezighi-ryan-hall-and-kara-goucher-running-2013-ing-new-york-city-marathon/

Americans announced:
Men:
Ryan Hall 2:04:58 @ryanhall3
Meb Keflezighi 2:09:08 @runmeb
Jason Hartmann 2:11:06 @JasonRHartmann
Ryan Vail 2:11:45 @ryanvail
Jeff Eggleston 2:12:03 @jde66leston

Elite Women
Kara Goucher 2:24:52 @karagoucher
Amy Hastings 2:27:03 @HastyHastings
Adriana Nelson 2:28:52 @adi_nelson
Janet Bawcom 2:29:45 @janetruns
Alisha Williams 2:34:58 @alirunnerco
Mattie Suver 2:50:23 @suver2
Julie Culley Debut @julieculley
The Dingo
RE: Meb, Ryan Hall, Kara Goucher + Julie Culley, Amy Hastings, Janet Bawcom, Hartmann and Other All Running NYC 2013 7/30/2013 10:04AM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Good to see Hartmann still going at it. Hell, he should get a headline spot before Hall does at this point (although I understand why Hall gets it).
not on twitter
RE: Meb, Ryan Hall, Kara Goucher + Julie Culley, Amy Hastings, Janet Bawcom, Hartmann and Other All Running NYC 2013 7/30/2013 3:38PM - in reply to The Dingo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It is a requirement to be on twitter to be a professional runner now?
wetoolow
RE: Meb, Ryan Hall, Kara Goucher + Julie Culley, Amy Hastings, Janet Bawcom, Hartmann and Other All Running NYC 2013 7/30/2013 5:02PM - in reply to not on twitter Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It's bad enough you censor posts when you don't agree with them. Now you're telling us what to discuss? I'm not feeling vaklempt, and I really don't care about the nyc marathon right now. Aren't the world championships just a bit more relevant today?
TennesseeMatt
RE: Meb, Ryan Hall, Kara Goucher + Julie Culley, Amy Hastings, Janet Bawcom, Hartmann and Other All Running NYC 2013 7/30/2013 6:04PM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'll take Hartmann for top American.
Halleluja
RE: Meb, Ryan Hall, Kara Goucher + Julie Culley, Amy Hastings, Janet Bawcom, Hartmann and Other All Running NYC 2013 7/31/2013 1:54AM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Should be an easy win for Hall over Meb since his PR is 5 min faster. That's one mile difference between those guys.

Go Ryan!
bubbadeeboo
RE: Meb, Ryan Hall, Kara Goucher + Julie Culley, Amy Hastings, Janet Bawcom, Hartmann and Other All Running NYC 2013 8/2/2013 9:08AM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Why no love for Ryan Vail in the Thread title?

He's been running pr's, broke 28 in the 10, made the World XC team... he's gonna be the top American at NYC this year and the next American under 2:10. Go Ryan!
Precious Roy
RE: Meb, Ryan Hall, Kara Goucher + Julie Culley, Amy Hastings, Janet Bawcom, Hartmann and Other All Running NYC 2013 8/2/2013 10:29AM - in reply to bubbadeeboo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This is going to be a re-debut for Mattie Suver who is currently running a solid 72 min half marathon. Very interested to see how Julie Culley does in the marathon.
typicallrddcelist
RE: Meb, Ryan Hall, Kara Goucher + Julie Culley, Amy Hastings, Janet Bawcom, Hartmann and Other All Running NYC 2013 8/2/2013 10:34AM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
"scheduled to appear"

Lots of time for people to get injured! I mean you, Ry guy.
uphill run
RE: Meb, Ryan Hall, Kara Goucher + Julie Culley, Amy Hastings, Janet Bawcom, Hartmann and Other All Running NYC 2013 8/2/2013 12:34PM - in reply to Precious Roy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Precious Roy wrote:

This is going to be a re-debut for Mattie Suver who is currently running a solid 72 min half marathon. Very interested to see how Julie Culley does in the marathon.

Agree with this and want to add that it'll be fun to watch Alisha Williams, too. These three (Suver, Williams and Culley) are all potential stars at the marathon distance.
EPOpian
RE: Meb, Ryan Hall, Kara Goucher + Julie Culley, Amy Hastings, Janet Bawcom, Hartmann and Other All Running NYC 2013 8/2/2013 12:44PM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I wouldn't put too much stock in this list. Remember how the men 2012 olympians were supposed to run Boston last year?
My guess is that Hall and Meb will drop.
Stats 101
RE: Meb, Ryan Hall, Kara Goucher + Julie Culley, Amy Hastings, Janet Bawcom, Hartmann and Other All Running NYC 2013 8/2/2013 1:33PM - in reply to EPOpian Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This is supposed to be Ryan Hall's 4th marathon since the Trials in January 2012 (19 months ago). He is yet to finish one and yet this board continues to promote his presence in a race.

DNF in Olympics 2012
DNS in NY 2012
DNF in Boston 2013
??? NY 2013
reed
RE: Meb, Ryan Hall, Kara Goucher + Julie Culley, Amy Hastings, Janet Bawcom, Hartmann and Other All Running NYC 2013 8/2/2013 3:12PM - in reply to Stats 101 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
ryan's running a 10k tomorrow. he says he just wants to run faster than 4:40 pace. i don't get how he can be so slow at 10k and expect to run well for a marathon
Really???...
RE: Meb, Ryan Hall, Kara Goucher + Julie Culley, Amy Hastings, Janet Bawcom, Hartmann and Other All Running NYC 2013 8/2/2013 5:48PM - in reply to Stats 101 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Stats 101 wrote:

This is supposed to be Ryan Hall's 4th marathon since the Trials in January 2012 (19 months ago). He is yet to finish one and yet this board continues to promote his presence in a race.

DNF in Olympics 2012
DNS in NY 2012
DNF in Boston 2013
??? NY 2013

Can't believe he didn't start NY in 2012. Must have been the only elite not to start that race...