Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
just a man with a plan
RE: Bolt accepts Farah's challenge! It's ON!!! 7/29/2013 3:06PM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Farah wins. Much easier for him to go down in distance than Bolt to go up.
Hopeful Runner
RE: Bolt accepts Farah's challenge! It's ON!!! 7/29/2013 3:09PM - in reply to just a man with a plan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I think Bolt will stay just close enough to outkick Mo at the finish
wolfishly grinning
RE: Bolt accepts Farah's challenge! It's ON!!! 7/29/2013 3:11PM - in reply to just a man with a plan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It depends on how the race plays out; if it's a slow, sitľandľkick type deal (60 second first 400m or slower) I think that Bolt's superior speed might win the day.
sum of all fleas
RE: Bolt accepts Farah's challenge! It's ON!!! 7/29/2013 3:12PM - in reply to Hopeful Runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Mo in 1:15.67
oatmeal + water
RE: Bolt accepts Farah's challenge! It's ON!!! 7/29/2013 3:13PM - in reply to wolfishly grinning Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
unless bolt is retarded that ain't happenin'
obviously oblivious
RE: Bolt accepts Farah's challenge! It's ON!!! 7/29/2013 3:13PM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Farah wins hands down. It wouldn't even be a competition.
mehh
RE: Bolt accepts Farah's challenge! It's ON!!! 7/29/2013 3:19PM - in reply to oatmeal + water Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
500 would've been a lot better. farah wins this easily.
RE: Bolt accepts Farah's challenge! It's ON!!! 7/29/2013 3:22PM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yes, 600m favors Farah who can obviously run a good 800 and I think any world class 800 runner can beat any 400 runner in a 600.

But they may toy with each other and try and tie.
If they are serious, Bolt would have to build a big lead.
If Mo is close with 100 to go, he's got him.
Bolt will be breathing too hard and feeling too uncomfortable to show his speed in the end.
sanzzz
RE: Bolt accepts Farah's challenge! It's ON!!! 7/29/2013 3:26PM - in reply to * Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Bolt runs a WR. Bet on it.
todd smith
RE: Bolt accepts Farah's challenge! It's ON!!! 7/29/2013 3:30PM - in reply to sanzzz Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm very surprised Bolt is doing this.
Talkin Bout them Durham Bois
RE: Bolt accepts Farah's challenge! It's ON!!! 7/29/2013 3:30PM - in reply to sanzzz Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Johnny Gray's 1:12.81 is probably a little soft. Maybe it's within Bolt's reach with some specific training?
wolfishly grinning
RE: Bolt accepts Farah's challenge! It's ON!!! 7/29/2013 3:35PM - in reply to sanzzz Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
lol
dgsdg
RE: Bolt accepts Farah\'s challenge! It\'s ON!!! 7/29/2013 3:36PM - in reply to wolfishly grinning Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I think Mo wins but there is a high chance that one pulls out with an injury
reed
RE: Bolt accepts Farah's challenge! It's ON!!! 7/29/2013 3:43PM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
IF this happens, which is unlikely, where and when will it be?

The best option would be to tack it onto another track meet to save costs. It doesn't need to be official as neither is going to be threatening any records

after moscow, obviously. hopefully soon after moscow, although farah will likely take a little time off before beginning marathon training. dunno bolt's schedule for post-worlds, but it wouldn't be tough for him to fit in a 600m.
wolfishly grinning
RE: Bolt accepts Farah's challenge! It's ON!!! 7/29/2013 3:47PM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
At the end of the day, it's just not going to be close. End of story. Mo would beat bolt in any distance over 400 if they raced right now, and any distance period given eight weeks to train for it.
Bad Armstong
RE: Bolt accepts Farah's challenge! It's ON!!! 7/29/2013 3:49PM - in reply to wolfishly grinning Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

wolfishly grinning wrote:

At the end of the day, it's just not going to be close. End of story. Mo would beat bolt in any distance over 400 if they raced right now, and any distance period given eight weeks to train for it.

Surely you must be joking, Mr. L?
Bolt is a generational talent who could threaten 3:30i in the 1500 if he trained.
The King
RE: Bolt accepts Farah's challenge! It's ON!!! 7/29/2013 3:49PM - in reply to wolfishly grinning Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Bolt crushes this. His pride is on the line. He could run away from Mo and hold on.
Bad Landis
RE: Bolt accepts Farah's challenge! It's ON!!! 7/29/2013 3:52PM - in reply to The King Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
He could be out in 44.XX and just try and not die. Could work!
Bad Zabel
RE: Bolt accepts Farah's challenge! It's ON!!! 7/29/2013 4:10PM - in reply to Bad Landis Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
No way. Mo wins this easy. EASY.
theist without even a GED
RE: Bolt accepts Farah's challenge! It's ON!!! 7/29/2013 4:12PM - in reply to Bad Landis Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I ran performance adjusted curve fitting heuristics on the track coefficient ratio:
500:
Farah 60.55
Bolt 59.97

600:
Farah 1:15.23
Bolt 1:16.86
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |