Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
caesarsghost
Conte on Jamaican doping 7/29/2013 5:26AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This is good stuff. The Jamaicans apparently adopted the doping protocol that Dwain Chambers had been using, after Conte released the protocol in a letter to WADA. An incredible story. And for those of you who doubt Conte's credibility, screw it. He, Canseco, and the like have been proven right again and again and again, despite all the attempts to discredit them. Here's the relevant part of the article:

Ostler: What about the Jamaican stuff (sprinters busted for alleged use of steroids)?
Conte: Well I’ve believed for a long time that it is state-sponsored doping. I believe the Jamaican Olympic Committee is in on it, I believe the Jamaican Anti-Doping Commision is in on it, I believe they’re being tipped off. When Usain Bolt gets a $6 million piece of beachfront property in exchange for winning the gold medals, this is tremendous for tourism in Jamaica—and understand, these are my opinions, right?—and I said this a long time ago, I’m highly suspicious of this, and I’m going to tell you when it started.

In 2008 I was asked by(British sprinter) Dwain Chambers to write a letter to the UK anti-doping (commission) listing all the drugs that I gave these athletes, the seven or eight different drugs, the purposes, the frequencies, the dosages, etc., which I did. This was in March. Then in May or June when they have the Jamaican Olympic trials, Veronica Campbell. . .competed in the 100 meters, she was already an Olympic gold medalist, she came in fourth and ran 10.88, which is very fast. And I thought, “Who are these other runners, that she doesn’t even make the team?”

Shelly-Ann Fraser, I looked it up and in 2007 her PR was 11.31. Less than a year later she goes to the Olympics and wins in 10.78. Now that is more than five meters faster. Who improves five meters in one year? So I went on the record. . .”Oh, my god, this is highly suspicious.” Bolt’s fastest time was something like 10.03, next thing you know he runs 9.72. It was just too much, too soon.

I worked with a couple athletes from another Caribbean country, and (one of them talked to a friend of mine) who calls me and says, “Oh my god, you’re not going to believe this but. . .they won all the medals in the women’s 100, they read your article that was sent to WADA that you gave to the UK, and they’re using all your protocols, that were used by Dwain Chambers and Kelli White, including the T3, the thyroid medication.” So they followed my blueprint, but WADA didn’t pay any attention to it.

I know all the track writers, and in the mixed zone under the stadium in Beijing, they said when (Jamaican) athletes came into the mixed zone to do interviews with the media, that Herb Elliott, who is the head of (Jamaican anti-doping), the medical director who is in charge of collecting the urine samples from the athletes, was chest-bumping with all the guys on the relay team!

Dick Pound wrote a recent report. Two things. One, he followed my recommendation that they do more CIR testing, and secondly, he said the primary problem was that the WADA officials were really looking the other way, they didn’t really have a genuine interest in catching people, that they’re more worried about the political aspects and receiving funding.
runrawr
RE: Conte on Jamaican doping 7/29/2013 5:55AM - in reply to caesarsghost Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
this is disgusting. Massive resources need to be spent on anti doping. Top athletes should be tested nearly every day.
Que cera cera
RE: Conte on Jamaican doping 7/29/2013 6:12AM - in reply to caesarsghost Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Nice find. We keep hearing about the freakish talent of Bolt and how that means he's possibly clean but it doesn't explain the widespread dominance by all the other Jamaican sprinters.

It's very unfortunate but, especially given the sport's history, the most compelling explanation for why so many top talents are coming out of Jamaica is systematic doping.
Not sure either
RE: Conte on Jamaican doping 7/29/2013 7:16AM - in reply to caesarsghost Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
While their is obviously something fishy in Jamaica, I think that Conte is trying to sell itself a little bit.

caesarsghost wrote:
In 2008 I was asked by(British sprinter) Dwain Chambers to write a letter to the UK anti-doping (commission) listing all the drugs that I gave these athletes, the seven or eight different drugs, the purposes, the frequencies, the dosages, etc., which I did. This was in March. Then in May or June when they have the Jamaican Olympic trials, Veronica Campbell.

The letter he talks about wasn't published before may in the press. There was a thread on letsrun a few days ago speaking about Conte/Chambers (look for it), where the letter was published from a BBC link dated from May, 16 2008.
He's speaking about Bolt improvement from 10"03 to 9"72. The problem is that Bolt 9"72 was run in NYC on may 31. (he also ran a 9"76, 3 weeks sooner at beginning of the month).

So whatever Bolt is taking/doing, it is not the "Conte protocol", unless of course Jamaicans were aware of it before the press broke the letter (from UKADA, lol ? Chambers ?) I won't even mention the fact that Powell was routinely popping up 9"7x in 2005/2006. There is certainly doping over there, but if it state-sponsored they are doing it wrong, given the number of athletes that were busted (generally in state sponsored doping, athletes rarely get caught) competing in Jamaican meets.
Well well well
RE: Conte on Jamaican doping 7/29/2013 7:16AM - in reply to caesarsghost Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
While their is obviously something fishy in Jamaica, I think that Conte is trying to sell itself a little bit.

caesarsghost wrote:
In 2008 I was asked by(British sprinter) Dwain Chambers to write a letter to the UK anti-doping (commission) listing all the drugs that I gave these athletes, the seven or eight different drugs, the purposes, the frequencies, the dosages, etc., which I did. This was in March. Then in May or June when they have the Jamaican Olympic trials, Veronica Campbell.

The letter he talks about wasn't published before may in the press. There was a thread on letsrun a few days ago speaking about Conte/Chambers (look for it), where the letter was published from a BBC link dated from May, 16 2008.
He's speaking about Bolt improvement from 10"03 to 9"72. The problem is that Bolt 9"72 was run in NYC on may 31. (he also ran a 9"76, 3 weeks sooner at beginning of the month).

So whatever Bolt is taking/doing, it is not the "Conte protocol", unless of course Jamaicans were aware of it before the press broke the letter (from UKADA, lol ? Chambers ?) I won't even mention the fact that Powell was routinely popping up 9"7x in 2005/2006. There is certainly doping over there, but if it state-sponsored they are doing it wrong, given the number of athletes that were busted (generally in state sponsored doping, athletes rarely get caught) competing in Jamaican meets.
just sayin
RE: Conte on Jamaican doping 7/29/2013 7:34AM - in reply to Well well well Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
ya conte is full of it

he's just bigging himself

the jamaicans copied his program off the internet lol
Ben L. Wrong
RE: Conte on Jamaican doping 7/29/2013 7:34AM - in reply to Well well well Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
So, Conte thinks he's the only one who worked with T3 thyroid medication?

He should investigate more about certain training groups based in Oregon.
mistermano
RE: Conte on Jamaican doping 7/29/2013 7:46AM - in reply to Ben L. Wrong Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
does anyone know exactly what mo is on?

i know he ain't doin all this fairy story clean

his rise to world domination is familiar story and there's always peds at the back of it
RonRon
RE: Conte on Jamaican doping 7/29/2013 7:49AM - in reply to Ben L. Wrong Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Just out of interest, how much money do these doctors/pharmaceutical's make of the back of doping athletes?

Could WADA or some of the federations not employ someone like Conte (but obviously not him) and pay them a lot more to seek out drug cheats then what they would get from aiding them?

Or would this not work? Or even be feasible? I'm sure they must have scientists anyway but why is it the case that the athletes are always said to be one step ahead of the testers?
marijuologist
RE: Conte on Jamaican doping 7/29/2013 8:20AM - in reply to caesarsghost Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The last thing that any true track fan should want to see is Conte cashing in on the sport's downfall.
Tooshort
RE: Conte on Jamaican doping 7/29/2013 8:40AM - in reply to caesarsghost Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The Jamaican authorities and half of the Jamaican athletes were barely even on speaking terms until recently. What is this fool talking about.

The JAAA threw off members of the Jamaican team twice to world games for not attending a freaking camp. The IAAF had to mediate and get the athletes back on the team.

Conte loves to hear himself speak and he like many here think somehow we all think alike down here Jamaica. You guys are delusional.
nacho cheese
RE: Conte on Jamaican doping 7/29/2013 8:59AM - in reply to RonRon Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

RonRon wrote:

Just out of interest, how much money do these doctors/pharmaceutical's make of the back of doping athletes?

Could WADA or some of the federations not employ someone like Conte (but obviously not him) and pay them a lot more to seek out drug cheats then what they would get from aiding them?

Or would this not work? Or even be feasible? I'm sure they must have scientists anyway but why is it the case that the athletes are always said to be one step ahead of the testers?

Does it make sense for the sport to pay into a program that catches its biggest stars?
what did I just read
RE: Conte on Jamaican doping 7/29/2013 9:27AM - in reply to marijuologist Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

marijuologist wrote:

The last thing that any true track fan should want to see is Conte cashing in on the sport's downfall.

Drugs are rampant now. Times for almost all events are disgusting, there are some major widespread drug issues, and not just in Jamaica.
marijuologist
RE: Conte on Jamaican doping 7/29/2013 9:49AM - in reply to what did I just read Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Drugs aren't rampant; the cheaters are getting caught, no thanks to attention-whoring windbags like Conte.
marijuologist
No 7/29/2013 9:50AM - in reply to what did I just read Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Drugs aren't rampant; the cheaters are getting caught, no thanks to attention-whoring windbags like Conte.
agip
RE: No 7/29/2013 9:59AM - in reply to marijuologist Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I would not be surprised if Bolt gets injured after this year and decides to do something else with his life.
mistermano
RE: No 7/29/2013 10:18AM - in reply to agip Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
ya

wada is established and 50% funded by the ioc

case of the foxes minding the hen-house..........
blackcard
RE: Conte on Jamaican doping 7/29/2013 10:43AM - in reply to marijuologist Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Conte acts like only his drug program can make extreme drops. They are not using his program. In fact some of the top Caribbean and US sprinters keep it fairly simple.
half junkie
RE: Conte on Jamaican doping 7/29/2013 10:47AM - in reply to blackcard Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Every man who has ever run under 9.90 is a DOPER.

Seriously you fan boys are as brainwashed and deluded as the fundi-christians you bash on here daily.
mistermano
RE: Conte on Jamaican doping 7/29/2013 10:49AM - in reply to half junkie Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
didn' conte say under 10sec is doped

all these 9.8 and 9.8 guys are getting a few tenths drop from peds

i'm convinced of that
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |