Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
NOP Follower
After Mo's 3:28.81, what is the ideal tactic to beat him at 5K/10K? 7/19/2013 3:00PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
We've seen that he has the best last lap in the world right now, so leaving it until the last 400-600 won't work. If his competition tries to go with 1600-2000 to go, it's doubtful that they can outrun a 3:28. Surging throughout the race doesn't seem to work either, as Mo usually runs in the middle to back of the pack in championship races to avoid going with those surges. It seems like the only tactic left is to go fast from the gun, but it seems like that wouldn't work considering Mo has pretty fast times across the board. Anyone have any input?
Hear me out bro
RE: After Mo's 3:28.81, what is the ideal tactic to beat him at 5K/10K? 7/19/2013 3:03PM - in reply to NOP Follower Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The way to beat him is for someone to Tonya Harding his a5s
killarney
RE: After Mo's 3:28.81, what is the ideal tactic to beat him at 5K/10K? 7/19/2013 3:03PM - in reply to NOP Follower Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

NOP Follower wrote:

it seems like that wouldn't work considering Mo has pretty fast times across the board. Anyone have any input?
Keyword HAS. Past tense. Gebremeskel and a couple others could outrun him in a time trial.
coach d
RE: After Mo's 3:28.81, what is the ideal tactic to beat him at 5K/10K? 7/19/2013 3:06PM - in reply to NOP Follower Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Have the police raid his house just like they did with Asafa Powell.
rrri
RE: After Mo's 3:28.81, what is the ideal tactic to beat him at 5K/10K? 7/19/2013 3:06PM - in reply to NOP Follower Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Farah has yet to show that he can do more than sit and kick this year. It's very likely that he's no longer in great 5k or 10k shape.
Jesse was a meth dealer
RE: After Mo's 3:28.81, what is the ideal tactic to beat him at 5K/10K? 7/19/2013 3:07PM - in reply to killarney Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I would recommend drinking 20 fluid ounces of Al Sal's magic potion every day until race day.
VoR
RE: After Mo's 3:28.81, what is the ideal tactic to beat him at 5K/10K? 7/19/2013 3:07PM - in reply to killarney Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

killarney wrote:
Keyword HAS. Past tense.

Seriously?
Jesse was a meth dealer
RE: After Mo's 3:28.81, what is the ideal tactic to beat him at 5K/10K? 7/19/2013 3:08PM - in reply to rrri Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

rrri wrote:

Farah has yet to show that he can do more than sit and kick this year. It's very likely that he's no longer in great 5k or 10k shape.

Also, LOL.
The Mask of Portlandtillado
RE: After Mo's 3:28.81, what is the ideal tactic to beat him at 5K/10K? 7/19/2013 3:11PM - in reply to killarney Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

killarney wrote:

Keyword HAS. Past tense. Gebremeskel and a couple others could outrun him in a time trial.

Could they? Maybe. It is impossible to tell for sure, so why would you even spout such drivel?

Is there something about this site that lowers I.Q. before posting? Why does everyone assume the Ethiopians would be able to beat Mo in a fast race, something that HASN'T HAPPENED YET.
someone had to do it
RE: After Mo's 3:28.81, what is the ideal tactic to beat him at 5K/10K? 7/19/2013 3:11PM - in reply to NOP Follower Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
"Merga" him into a bush
The Waterboy
RE: After Mo's 3:28.81, what is the ideal tactic to beat him at 5K/10K? 7/19/2013 3:11PM - in reply to killarney Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Have the Ethiopians or Kenyans run a 70 second first lap from the leaders, so cocky Mo Farah will go right to the back in 75-76 like he always does.

Then have 3 or 4 of them make an immediate break and run the remaining 24 or 11.5 laps at 26:40 pace or 12:50 pace, trading the lead to help pace each other.

Winning time will be 26:46 or 12:59, but Farah will have lost too many seconds after the first lap to catch up if they take off right away, or if he does catch up he will be burnt out by the time the last lap rolls around because he will have to run at PR pace for 90% of the race plus a surge to make up the 5 second gap from him to the front.
Dennis Reynolds
RE: After Mo's 3:28.81, what is the ideal tactic to beat him at 5K/10K? 7/19/2013 3:13PM - in reply to The Waterboy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

The Waterboy wrote:

Have the Ethiopians or Kenyans run a 70 second first lap from the leaders, so cocky Mo Farah will go right to the back in 75-76 like he always does.

Then have 3 or 4 of them make an immediate break and run the remaining 24 or 11.5 laps at 26:40 pace or 12:50 pace, trading the lead to help pace each other.

Winning time will be 26:46 or 12:59, but Farah will have lost too many seconds after the first lap to catch up if they take off right away, or if he does catch up he will be burnt out by the time the last lap rolls around because he will have to run at PR pace for 90% of the race plus a surge to make up the 5 second gap from him to the front.

That would be awesome to see.
RE: After Mo's 3:28.81, what is the ideal tactic to beat him at 5K/10K? 7/19/2013 3:14PM - in reply to The Waterboy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

The Waterboy wrote:

This is probably the only way Mo gets beat.

Unless someone gives him the Gillooly treatment, as previously mentioned.
rrri
RE: After Mo's 3:28.81, what is the ideal tactic to beat him at 5K/10K? 7/19/2013 3:15PM - in reply to Jesse was a meth dealer Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Jesse was a meth dealer wrote:

rrri wrote:

Also, LOL.

Why is that LOL? What is incorrect about my post?
Mo is old
RE: After Mo's 3:28.81, what is the ideal tactic to beat him at 5K/10K? 7/19/2013 3:17PM - in reply to rrri Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

rrri wrote:

rrri wrote:

Also, LOL.

Because he just ran 3:28, a race that wasn't sit and kick. That's why you have no argument
wowzer
RE: After Mo's 3:28.81, what is the ideal tactic to beat him at 5K/10K? 7/19/2013 3:19PM - in reply to Hear me out bro Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Hear me out bro wrote:

The way to beat him is for someone to Tonya Harding his a5s

This made me LOL.
rojo
co-founder
RE: After Mo's 3:28.81, what is the ideal tactic to beat him at 5K/10K? 7/19/2013 3:20PM - in reply to NOP Follower Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
My reaction are similar to the 2nd and 4th posters - he's not losing if he starts the race.

But how would i beat him? Yes, you are right, it would have to be maybe be a time trial affair. The problem is you need rabbits and they have to be spot on.

Today's race was suicidal. Whatever pace is set, Mo is giong to be smart enough to sit in the back of the pack and not ruin the race for himself like some of the guys today.

I'd say put the race on 12:45 pace. That's 4:05 per 1600. Just go run 8:10 for 3200 as evenly as possible and see what happens. You have to sacrifice people.

The other option would be to make sure Alamirew has the lead. Have Alamirew and two other guys get the lead. Have them run on alamirew's side. Have them all run the same pace.Probabl illegal and not sporting at all but if Farah has to go 4 wide, I'm not sure that he can outkick Alamirew.
rrri
RE: After Mo's 3:28.81, what is the ideal tactic to beat him at 5K/10K? 7/19/2013 3:21PM - in reply to Mo is old Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Mo is old wrote:

rrri wrote:

rrri wrote:

Also, LOL.

Because he just ran 3:28, a race that wasn't sit and kick. That's why you have no argument

Are you kidding? We're talking about the 5k/10k not the 1500. Don't be dumb.
RE: After Mo's 3:28.81, what is the ideal tactic to beat him at 5K/10K? 7/19/2013 3:21PM - in reply to rrri Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

rrri wrote:

Just because Farah has not had to run a fast 5k/10k this year does not mean he can not. We can not say he is in bad 5k/10k shape unless he bombs a fast race. (I am giving him the benefit of the doubt at Pre, he was sick)
LM
RE: After Mo's 3:28.81, what is the ideal tactic to beat him at 5K/10K? 7/19/2013 3:22PM - in reply to The Waterboy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

The Waterboy wrote:

I really do believe this would work.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |