Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
Burgundy
Carmelita Jeter Walks Out of Monaco Press Conference after Doping Question 7/18/2013 1:05PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
_This
RE: Carmelita Jeter Walks Out of Monaco Press Conference after Doping Question 7/18/2013 11:51AM - in reply to Burgundy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
How hard is it for these idiots to learn a few PR type prepared comments and then ask for the questions to move on to another topic.

They act like they are freaking Beyonce, or somesuch, at a press conference, and not track athletes.

If you walk out of a press conference for a DL meet, you ought to be DQ'd. If the DL and the IAAF cannot hire PR people to coach these idiots up to being or at least acting like classy professionals -- then get someone who will.
pyruvate
RE: Carmelita Jeter Walks Out of Monaco Press Conference after Doping Question 7/18/2013 12:00PM - in reply to Burgundy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I would do the same
Down Goes Jeter?
RE: Carmelita Jeter Walks Out of Monaco Press Conference after Doping Question 7/18/2013 12:02PM - in reply to Burgundy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
ROID RAGE MUCH?
Truth!
RE: Carmelita Jeter Walks Out of Monaco Press Conference after Doping Question 7/18/2013 12:19PM - in reply to Burgundy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Eh who cares? The next headline we read about Carmelita Jeter will be about her positive test, or withdrawing from the WC anyway. Saves her the trouble of having to try to lie with a straight face.
not a doper
RE: Carmelita Jeter Walks Out of Monaco Press Conference after Doping Question 7/18/2013 12:19PM - in reply to pyruvate Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

pyruvate wrote:

I would do the same

I wouldn't. If you know in your heart that you are clean, then why should you feel threatened by some questions or allegations? It should be flattering for a clean athlete to be met with suspicion.
i can help you
RE: Carmelita Jeter Walks Out of Monaco Press Conference after Doping Question 7/18/2013 12:25PM - in reply to Burgundy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I rarely make doping allegation, but I have to say, it seems pretty obvious with her. She's been in multiple situations where she refused to answer doping questions (which shows she has SOMETHING to hide). And not to trying to sound too critical, but she honestly looks like a man. It's obvious she's on something.
coach d
RE: Carmelita Jeter Walks Out of Monaco Press Conference after Doping Question 7/18/2013 12:30PM - in reply to Burgundy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Rules apply to journalists as well as athletes. They were told the rules and they chose to try to get around the rules.

How is Simon Hart better than Asafa Powell?

I'd walk out, too, as would most athletes.
george oscar bluth
RE: Carmelita Jeter Walks Out of Monaco Press Conference after Doping Question 7/18/2013 12:35PM - in reply to coach d Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What were the rules? Softball questions only? F*ck that.
i can help you
RE: Carmelita Jeter Walks Out of Monaco Press Conference after Doping Question 7/18/2013 12:36PM - in reply to coach d Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

coach d wrote:

Rules apply to journalists as well as athletes. They were told the rules and they chose to try to get around the rules.

But it's not like the Monaco meet director made that rule, the agents of the athletes made the request. Who are they to dictate which questions are and are not allowed to be asked. If they're part of the press conference, anything should be fair game.
qtpiez
RE: Carmelita Jeter Walks Out of Monaco Press Conference after Doping Question 7/18/2013 12:39PM - in reply to coach d Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
She responded that way out of a fight-or-flight responses because she knows SHE IS USING performance enhancing drugs that are illegal. end of story.

It's funny to see how poorly-spoken she is that all she can muster up is "thank you"
joho
RE: Carmelita Jeter Walks Out of Monaco Press Conference after Doping Question 7/18/2013 12:43PM - in reply to i can help you Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Wasn't it Wejo that took a beating for asking doping questions once?

I understand why a journalist would ask such a question. But, really, what do they expect to get in return except for some corporate approved jargon. Did the journalist expect Carmelita to come clean if she was doping? And if she isn't, who is going to be convinced by her answer? If you think she is a doped you are going to think she is a doper regardless of her answer.

It's a no win situation for the athlete. Walking out does look bad though.
agip
RE: Carmelita Jeter Walks Out of Monaco Press Conference after Doping Question 7/18/2013 12:43PM - in reply to i can help you Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
bunch of cowards. we should boycott sprinting. at every meet just turn our backs or put a newspaper in front of our faces.

or put joan benoit masks over our faces during the sprints.
Sprintgeezer
RE: Carmelita Jeter Walks Out of Monaco Press Conference after Doping Question 7/18/2013 12:45PM - in reply to coach d Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I would absolutely LOVE to see the crowd in Monaco walk out, or turn their collective backs, on the women's 200m, or maybe more appropriately boo (or whistle, as euros do) when Jeter's name is announced, or just be absolutely silent.
coach d
RE: Carmelita Jeter Walks Out of Monaco Press Conference after Doping Question 7/18/2013 12:46PM - in reply to i can help you Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The athletes are not politicians. They do not have to speak to the press. If the athletes are presenting themselves upon the expectation that certain rules be followed, then those rules should be followed. It is no different than expecting Asafa to not be taking 50 supplements and Tyson Gay not obtaining illegal treatments (DHEA is what I've heard) from an anti-aging doctor, and other idiotic things.

That's why we have these problems: People try to violate the rules.

And BTW, it should be pointed out that SAFP has tested positive (but for a painkiller) while Jeter has not, and it was SAFP, not Jeter, that the question was addressed to, probably because she has the same club and coach as Asafa.
Paavo's Stopwatch
RE: Carmelita Jeter Walks Out of Monaco Press Conference after Doping Question 7/18/2013 12:47PM - in reply to coach d Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The rules weren't made by the meet, but by those individual athletes' managers. Granted, the meet should have told their managers that questions about doping will not be made off limits.

If either of them care about having a clean sport, they should welcome questions about doping and use those questions as opportunity to speak out against doping and advocate for a clean sport.
lost in Boston
RE: Carmelita Jeter Walks Out of Monaco Press Conference after Doping Question 7/18/2013 12:50PM - in reply to joho Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If someone talks for a while it's frequently the case that they will reveal facts or attitudes that they would like not to come out. That's one of the reasons why lawyers advise their clients not to speak. It is hard to hold together a web of lies in a pressure situation. The truth has a way of leaking out. Hence, the gag order.
i can help you
RE: Carmelita Jeter Walks Out of Monaco Press Conference after Doping Question 7/18/2013 12:52PM - in reply to Burgundy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Ok, I'm just going to ask the question. Who here thinks Jeter is doping?
Sprintgeezer
RE: Carmelita Jeter Walks Out of Monaco Press Conference after Doping Question 7/18/2013 12:53PM - in reply to coach d Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hey d, have you ever heard of candor? It goes a LONG way.

The agents are just that--AGENTS of the athletes. It is the athletes who have ultimate authority over their own actions, NOT the agents. The athletes could do as they please at this press conference.

What a GREAT opportunity this was for some candor, and some frank discussion.

It was Gatlin--GATLIN--who stepped up to the plate and talked about doping.

As the world turns, Gatlin now is more candorous, and therefore more trustworthy, than Jeter and SAFP.
agip
RE: Carmelita Jeter Walks Out of Monaco Press Conference after Doping Question 7/18/2013 12:57PM - in reply to i can help you Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

i can help you wrote:

Ok, I'm just going to ask the question. Who here thinks Jeter is doping?

I think she WAS doping until about a week ago. In fact, I suspect the level of doping is just about zero this week around the globe. Fear rules greed this week.

Come to think of it, this could be the cleanest WCs in history. The sprint times will be fascinating - will they break 10 for men and 11 for women? (bolt excepted)
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |