Soprano
Employee 1.1
Does Saint Kitts & Nevis have a grudge against Kim Collins? 7/17/2013 1:01AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
http://trackalerts.com/2013/07/16/kim-collins-left-out-of-st-kitts-and-nevis-team-for-moscow-2013/?

They sent him home from the Olympics for spending the night with his wife (http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=4725744&page=1) and now they're not sending him to Moscow despite the fact he just set a national record.

I don't know too many details, but am I missing something?

The article says he wasn't selected because he did not meet the selection criteria as outlined by the SKNAAA World Championships in Athletics Standards. In that criteria it says, "To be eligible for selection, athletes must participate in the SKNAAA 2013 National Championships or must have receivedcan exemption from the SKNAAA Executive Body upon receipt of a written request for a waiver one (1) month prior to the National XC."

I don't think he competed at their championships, but you'd think their star athlete could get a waiver easily. He's a former World Champion and got bronze in 2011. They're sending a 4x100 without him even though he's the only one to go sub-10 this year. With no Gay, Blake or Powell, his chances of medaling are a lot higher.
Trollist the First
RE: Does Saint Kitts & Nevis have a grudge against Kim Collins? 7/17/2013 1:16AM - in reply to Soprano Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yes.
marijuologist
RE: Does Saint Kitts & Nevis have a grudge against Kim Collins? 7/17/2013 1:18AM - in reply to Soprano Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The Caribbean isn't a very rational place.
rupp-certified saladbar
RE: Does Saint Kitts & Nevis have a grudge against Kim Collins? 7/17/2013 5:41AM - in reply to Soprano Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Sad. Moron federation.

Probably one of the fastest clean guys out there.
Theotherguy
RE: Does Saint Kitts & Nevis have a grudge against Kim Collins? 7/17/2013 6:45AM - in reply to rupp-certified saladbar Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

rupp-certified saladbar wrote:

Sad. Moron federation.

Probably one of the fastest clean guys out there.

The fastest clean guy is Lemaitre followed by Armin Harry (first 10.0 sprinter).
Sprintgeezer
RE: Does Saint Kitts & Nevis have a grudge against Kim Collins? 7/17/2013 8:30AM - in reply to Theotherguy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Once again, there is more to this than is released to the press.

Too bad.
800 analyzer
RE: Does Saint Kitts & Nevis have a grudge against Kim Collins? 7/17/2013 8:49AM - in reply to Sprintgeezer Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Such as?

He should go claim political asylum on some other podunk Caribbean island and compete elsewhere. I think he'd have a case. They are clearly infringing his liberties for no good reason.....unless they have a good reason?

Nearly as bizarre is the UK not sending any 10000m runners even though their top guy was 0.81 off the A std. ZERO-POINT-81 27:40.81

WTF?
Sprintgeezer
RE: Does Saint Kitts & Nevis have a grudge against Kim Collins? 7/17/2013 8:55AM - in reply to 800 analyzer Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I don't know.

Some would say that SKN don't want to risk the possibility of a positive test.

Again, they don't send their best-ever athlete, their only athlete, the ambassador, a multiple medalist, a guy would would almost surely make the final and very possibly actually medal, a guy who is loved by everybody and who is very friendly with the press? For such a violation?

One question is why he didn't compete at nationals. Who knows. Kim, why didn't you run?