Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 |
rojo
co-founder
Official Jordan Hasay chase thread 7/15/2013 10:50AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The race starts in 30 minutes. We'll be posting updates here for those of you who didn't want to pay $20 to watch.
J.R.
RE: Official Jordan Hasay chase thread 7/14/2013 11:00PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm here to watch the race on letsrun, woohoo!
xc_track_anon
RE: Official Jordan Hasay chase thread 7/14/2013 11:00PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Thank you!!! Are you for or against her going to WC? I'm mixed feelings. :/
Yanqui
There's one possible contingency I'm not clear on. What if Hasay gets neither standard, and then later this week Erdmann gets the B but not the A? Is the team for Moscow then Flanagan, Erdmann, and Hastings, who was fourth at USATFs and has the A? Or does only Flanagan go?
bluestreak029
RE: Official Jordan Hasay chase thread 7/14/2013 11:03PM - in reply to Yanqui Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Yanqui wrote:

There's one possible contingency I'm not clear on. What if Hasay gets neither standard, and then later this week Erdmann gets the B but not the A? Is the team for Moscow then Flanagan, Erdmann, and Hastings, who was fourth at USATFs and has the A? Or does only Flanagan go?

Yes, Flanagan, Erdmann, Hastings
Don't need charity handouts
RE: Official Jordan Hasay chase thread 7/14/2013 11:05PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

rojo wrote:

The race starts in 30 minutes. We'll be posting updates here so you don't have to pay $20.

No need to remind us, I would be very happy to pay a fee on here...;)
rojo
co-founder
RE: Official Jordan Hasay chase thread 7/14/2013 11:10PM - in reply to xc_track_anon Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

xc_track_anon wrote:

Thank you!!! Are you for or against her going to WC? I'm mixed feelings. :/

I'm not against her going. Why would I be?

I think Hasay handled her Oregon career amazingly and am pleased to have seen her find a home with Nike.

Do i think this race is a bit of a farce? Yes. But this is what you get when the IAAF insists on all three actually having the 'a' even though the US could clearly send 3. And I've always thought that was absurd.
NotNativeButOregonian
RE: Official Jordan Hasay chase thread 7/14/2013 11:12PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Slight breeze, great temp, Hasay warming up on track, crowd trickling in
Brian Purcell
RE: Official Jordan Hasay chase thread 7/14/2013 11:14PM - in reply to NotNativeButOregonian Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Is there a list of who's starting the race, including male pacers?
NotNativeButOregonian
RE: Official Jordan Hasay chase thread 7/14/2013 11:15PM - in reply to NotNativeButOregonian Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Estimate maybe 250 people here currently
xc_track_anon
RE: Official Jordan Hasay chase thread 7/14/2013 11:16PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yea. I have nothing against Jordan. I like her. But I think I am in disagreement with IAAF and how they go about qualifying people nd how they let AlSal walk all over them.
hasay1
RE: Official Jordan Hasay chase thread 7/14/2013 11:17PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I will be on Flotrack watching the race. I actually live 45 min away but it's past my bedtime.
J.R.
RE: Official Jordan Hasay chase thread 7/14/2013 11:17PM - in reply to NotNativeButOregonian Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

NotNativeButOregonian wrote:

Slight breeze, great temp, Hasay warming up on track, crowd trickling in

Thanks for the updates; keep them coming please.
long sox
RE: Official Jordan Hasay chase thread 7/14/2013 11:18PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

rojo wrote:

But this is what you get when the IAAF insists on all three actually having the 'a' even though the US could clearly send 3. And I've always thought that was absurd.

Don't the iaaf only require 2 with the A standard?

Also, I don't think it's the iaaf that insist on running trials in the heat for a race in europe.
rojo
co-founder
RE: Official Jordan Hasay chase thread 7/14/2013 11:20PM - in reply to J.R. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Weather.com is reporting weather at 9:05 pm as being 74 degrees with wind NNW at 9 mph.
killarney
RE: Official Jordan Hasay chase thread 7/14/2013 11:23PM - in reply to NotNativeButOregonian Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Ironic that it's bigger than the crowd in Des Moines?
Typical...
RE: Official Jordan Hasay chase thread 7/14/2013 11:23PM - in reply to xc_track_anon Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

xc_track_anon wrote:

Yea. I have nothing against Jordan. I like her. But I think I am in disagreement with IAAF and how they go about qualifying people nd how they let AlSal walk all over them.

Idiot. IAAF told him he couldn't use the new track he wanted cos the inside rail didn't meet their standards.

Yeah, they sure let him walk all over them for that...
killarney
RE: Official Jordan Hasay chase thread 7/14/2013 11:23PM - in reply to killarney Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
With all the pacers, a little breeze could be a help - block the headwinds, but let the tailwinds carry her.
yuiop
RE: Official Jordan Hasay chase thread 7/14/2013 11:24PM - in reply to xc_track_anon Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

xc_track_anon wrote:

...they let AlSal walk all over them.

The article below is worth a read. Sounds like the IAAF has allowed mixed races before, so I don't really think Salazar is getting special treatment.

http://trackfocus.com/distance/behind-the-scenes-of-jordan-hasays-10k-chase
The Animal Within
RE: Official Jordan Hasay chase thread 7/14/2013 11:24PM - in reply to NotNativeButOregonian Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Remember when 3000 showed up to watch Pre run a mile time trial?

Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 |