Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
Fyodor Rojo
Confirmed: Tyson Gay admits positive test, out of worlds. "I put my trust in someone." 7/14/2013 9:47AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/tyson-gay-tests-positive-banned-substance-19661785#.UeK5wWSY6v9

"American 100-meter record holder Tyson Gay has tested positive for a banned substance and says he will pull out of the world championships next month in Moscow.

Gay isn't revealing the substance, but he says he was notified by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency on Friday that a sample came back positive from an out-of-competition test May 16. He says he will have his "B'' sample tested soon.

The 30-year-old Gay fought back sobs in a phone conversation Sunday from Amsterdam, saying: "I don't have a sabotage story. ... I basically put my trust in someone and was let down."

Gay was healthy again this season after being constantly plagued by hamstring and groin ailments, along with a surgically repaired hip. He won the 100 and 200 at nationals last month."
Ben John Sun
RE: Confirmed: Tyson Gay admits positive test, out of worlds. "I put my trust in someone." 7/14/2013 9:50AM - in reply to Fyodor Rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yep, it is official
no time like now
RE: Confirmed: Tyson Gay admits positive test, out of worlds. "I put my trust in someone." 7/14/2013 9:53AM - in reply to Fyodor Rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
He says he will have his "B'' sample tested soon.

Why wouldn't the B have been tested already? Trying to Lagat his way out of this positive?
In the gherkin drinking
RE: Confirmed: Tyson Gay admits positive test, out of worlds. "I put my trust in someone." 7/14/2013 9:56AM - in reply to no time like now Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I think it's widely accepted that Lagat's sample was fd.
It was kept in a car for days in high temperatures. Test a sample under those conditions scientically and you see what happens.
olasonn
RE: Confirmed: Tyson Gay admits positive test, out of worlds. "I put my trust in someone." 7/14/2013 10:03AM - in reply to In the gherkin drinking Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Are you insinuating that leaving a blood sample in a hot car for days will make otherwise non-present illegal substances appear?
just sayin
RE: Confirmed: Tyson Gay admits positive test, out of worlds. "I put my trust in someone." 7/14/2013 10:07AM - in reply to olasonn Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
yep -quick doping recipe

extract some blood

leave it out in the heat for a while to generate the epo

re-inject your now epo laden blood

bingo
monty spamalot.
RE: Confirmed: Tyson Gay admits positive test, out of worlds. "I put my trust in someone." 7/14/2013 10:25AM - in reply to In the gherkin drinking Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
widely? I recall it being a matter of hours, NOT days. besides that, even if it was a day and a half, it's NOT going to be 108 in the car while the guy is driving it, even euro cars have AC, then its also not going to be 100+ at night, so that leave a matter of hours for it to be "warm". i, and many other still feel that lagat got supremely lucky on that one. notice he's never run close to those times since then~

In the gherkin drinking wrote:

I think it's widely accepted that Lagat's sample was fd.
It was kept in a car for days in high temperatures. Test a sample under those conditions scientically and you see what happens.
greasyjanitor
RE: Confirmed: Tyson Gay admits positive test, out of worlds. "I put my trust in someone." 7/14/2013 10:28AM - in reply to Fyodor Rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
yeah he put his trust in his drug doctor ... like ben johnson... and he f**ked it up
KANSAS
RE: Confirmed: Tyson Gay admits positive test, out of worlds. "I put my trust in someone." 7/14/2013 10:29AM - in reply to just sayin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

just sayin wrote:

yep -quick doping recipe

extract some blood

leave it out in the heat for a while to generate the epo

re-inject your now epo laden blood

bingo

Why would a 100m sprinter take EPO?
gtgg
RE: Confirmed: Tyson Gay admits positive test, out of worlds. "I put my trust in someone." 7/14/2013 10:29AM - in reply to olasonn Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

olasonn wrote:

Are you insinuating that leaving a blood sample in a hot car for days will make otherwise non-present illegal substances appear?

Or just other substances that can cause false positives
just sayin
RE: Confirmed: Tyson Gay admits positive test, out of worlds. "I put my trust in someone." 7/14/2013 10:32AM - in reply to gtgg Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

i was talkin bout lagat

but ya sprinters take epo for recovery
KANSAS
RE: Confirmed: Tyson Gay admits positive test, out of worlds. "I put my trust in someone." 7/14/2013 10:39AM - in reply to just sayin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

just sayin wrote:

i was talkin bout lagat

Oh, my bad.

Nope.
just sayin
RE: Confirmed: Tyson Gay admits positive test, out of worlds. "I put my trust in someone." 7/14/2013 10:44AM - in reply to KANSAS Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
sprinters take epo buddy
just sayin
RE: Confirmed: Tyson Gay admits positive test, out of worlds. "I put my trust in someone." 7/14/2013 10:46AM - in reply to just sayin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
EPO was used three days per week during the "corrective phase", which is the first two weeks of a cycle. This substance provides a big advantage to sprinters because it enables them to do more track repetitions and obtain a much deeper training load during the off season.

http://www.sportsscientists.com/2008/05/how-sprinter-takes-drugs.html
Read the script
RE: Confirmed: Tyson Gay admits positive test, out of worlds. "I put my trust in someone." 7/14/2013 10:58AM - in reply to KANSAS Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

KANSAS wrote:

just sayin wrote:

i was talkin bout lagat

Oh, my bad.

Nope.

You might wanna check that link buddy because you just got your a*s handed to you
testing 101
RE: Confirmed: Tyson Gay admits positive test, out of worlds. "I put my trust in someone." 7/14/2013 11:02AM - in reply to no time like now Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

no time like now wrote:

He says he will have his "B'' sample tested soon.

Why wouldn't the B have been tested already? Trying to Lagat his way out of this positive?

Are you really that dumb? The B sample needs to be tested in the presence of the athlete or his representatives.
Kapcherop
RE: Confirmed: Tyson Gay admits positive test, out of worlds. "I put my trust in someone." 7/14/2013 11:07AM - in reply to Fyodor Rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It is most likely Gay is telling the truth and therefore innocent. Athletes put so much trust in agents, coaches and other assisting staff but often these are the very people who would let us down just like any family. And when you fail a drug test, you are left to shoulder the shame on your own, with each one of these people pointing fingers at you. It is very sad for those genuinely innocent especially when you consider the amount of work they put in day-in day-out. Agents and these other "assistants" have a motive here-to make as much money as they can while you are still healthy and productive. Iaaf should hear the athletes' side of the story and if someone really "spiked them up", they should be given a lenient punishment.
Mrr82
RE: Confirmed: Tyson Gay admits positive test, out of worlds. "I put my trust in someone." 7/14/2013 11:08AM - in reply to KANSAS Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

KANSAS wrote:

just sayin wrote:

i was talkin bout lagat

Oh, my bad.

Nope.

Actually they do. This is a widely known fact after the balco bust. Montgomery and Jones both use it among many other drugs.
KANSAS
RE: Confirmed: Tyson Gay admits positive test, out of worlds. "I put my trust in someone." 7/14/2013 11:10AM - in reply to just sayin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

just sayin wrote:

EPO was used three days per week during the "corrective phase", which is the first two weeks of a cycle. This substance provides a big advantage to sprinters because it enables them to do more track repetitions and obtain a much deeper training load during the off season.

http://www.sportsscientists.com/2008/05/how-sprinter-takes-drugs.html

I find it baffling you would take anything Victor Conte says for fact. The guy is a complete quack.

Even if his sprinters did use EPO, the benefits are negligible, because of the anaerobic nature of 100/200m sprinting.
gtgg
RE: Confirmed: Tyson Gay admits positive test, out of worlds. "I put my trust in someone." 7/14/2013 11:13AM - in reply to KANSAS Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

KANSAS wrote:

Even if his sprinters did use EPO, the benefits are negligible, because of the anaerobic nature of 100/200m sprinting.

Why would the benefits be negligible? What does the anaerobic nature of sprinting have to do with it?
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |